Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

This Forum is Becoming Unreadable

Plain and simple, it’s becoming tough to read here.

First, this whole bringing up Flacco, Mayfield, or whoever anytime Lamar does something good or bad needs to stop. Players can be evaluated based on their own merits, and nothing Flacco or any other qb does has any bearing on anything Lamar does. We need to get back to evaluating our players strengths and needs objectively. This FWO/LWO crap has dragged this forum downhill, and we need to get back to being able to have objective conversations about our team without someone rushing to bash or praise a player at the expense of another who isn’t even involved.

Another thing...the name calling, cussing, and demeaning of posters needs to stop. If you don’t like someone’s take, ignore them. It really takes away from the reading to have to constantly sift through the bickering. We are all Ravens fans here, and this divisive WO crap has made it seem like there’s no such thing as an objective take anymore.

This is the best place around to discuss Ravens football. It’s time to get back to the high standards that made RSR the best in the first place.

Blog Entries

Re: This Forum is Becoming Unreadable

I agree with this post. We've got guys who cant even enjoy this win streak because they are so butt hurt it didnt come with their guy. Koch could be the fucking starter at QB, if we WIN who cares? Support the guy that is out there. I've been very critical of Flacco but dammit when he is on the field I am cheering him on because the Ravens winning depends on his ability to do well. It's the same for Lamar and RG3, when he was out there. I am a RAVENS fan. We need to remember that.

Blog Entries

jravens320 is right. There have been plenty of instances where I didn't agree with someone and initially felt compelled to go at it with them in a bickering manner, but decided to just leave it alone.

There are plenty of posters who are still and will always be fans of Joe Flacco. However, that does not mean they don't want the team to win. Many have even expressed that their main issue with Lamar, isn't even with Lamar, but the coaching staff not treating him like more of a QB. Fans want Lamar here for ten years, not two, because he's being treated more like a QB running a Georgia Tech offense. There is absolutely no need to even bring up 'you know who', if you're glad for a change. You'd think that if you wanted him gone so bad, you'd never bring up his name again.

There is an objective way to acknowledge that, in some ways, Jackson's presence has helped the team approach which has led to a 3-0, without simply saying that he should stay in, without context, just because they are 3-0.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

A lot of lies be brandished about as well.

It shouldn't be communist China either. There is an ignore feature that every poster is able to utilize if they wish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It shouldn't be communist China either. There is an ignore feature that every poster is able to utilize if they wish.
    Good point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Well see, they don’t. I just clicked over to the game thread. On the last page, there was a post about people needing to stop defending Flacco because he’s done; a post about Mayfield throwing for 400 yards but still losing, so some people need to get a clue; and a post demeaning someone raising a point about being concerned about being able to keep up with KC in a ball control offense, calling his/her take tomfoolery and s***. Two posts talking about players who had no bearing to the result of our game, only an attempt to troll and take away from the discussion, and one post trashing a person for giving a reasonable take.

We’re all fans here, and we should be able to have good discussion without the trolling and the personal attacks.

Been that way for a while. The Lamar era is going to be just as , if not more, annoying than the Flacco era.

I’m not a fan of the “called it” as soon as the team is behind

This could be in the second quarter!

There seems to be a race to be the first to call a loss the same way networks call election results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess it was a good day not to hang around the game thread.

This was a really good win.

Quote Originally Posted by jravens320 View Post
    We’re all fans here, and we should be able to have good discussion without the trolling and the personal attacks.
    If you see trolling or personal attacks as defined in the Rules, then report it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I agree. I expected some polarizing opinions, but it's gotten ridiculous.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB