Re: Kareem Hunt - Ray Rice part II?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    So chiefs now have tyfreak and hunt as abusers
    Ugh yeah it pains me to have Hill on my fantasy team

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL 8m

Two calls in the last ten minutes from people who would know both claiming Chiefs and the league knew about existence of video in Kareem Hunt incident.
    Good lord. And yet did nothing? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    What’s wrong with these dudes? Damn.
    You have young guys brought up in iffy environments who have been coddled and hero worshipped and then handed a fortune...and some don't handle conflict well, especially when you mix in alcohol. At least that's how the theory goes. I can at least understand that.

My question is, what's wrong with the league?

What I don't get and what pisses me off to no end is where the NFL is in all this.

I don't expect them to babysit players or even prevent these issues from happening.

But I do expect them to actually manage these issues once they come to light.

Seriously, if you're Steve Bisciotti, aren't you embarrassed by the way Goodell's office is managing the league's image, putting money above all else? If I'm an owner, I'm making calls and getting support lined up to oust Goodell, at this point.

His office figuratively puts its head in the sand on these issues and does absolutely nothing to get out in front, and then when they come to light it just gets worse.

They botched Ray Rice and he ends up paying the ultimate price rather than serving a thoughtful suspension. They say nothing about Kaepernick and let Trump turn it into a huge problem for them--I don't care what side of the argument you are on kneeling, the league could and should have totally managed it before it got out of hand. How did they let Foster sign with the Redskins last week without stepping in and showing they were managing that situation? And now they look like fools--or worse, greedy pimps--for letting Hunt play without saying a word.

What, did they think this problem was just going to get swept under the carpet and never come to light?

I'm not sure I can support a team that plays in a Goodell-led NFL anymore.

Blog Entries

Now, before it goes in this direction, this does NOT mean that Rice didn't deserve what came his way. This just means that Hunt didn't get what he deserved, from a punishment perspective.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Disgusting.

Blog Entries

There also has to be video footage of the door to the hotel room. That may or may not come out publicly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There also has to be video footage of the door to the hotel room. That may or may not come out publicly.
    So footage of dude kicking a female while she's down' isn't enough?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    So footage of dude kicking a female while she's down' isn't enough?
    It's more than enough. I was just noting. As an aside, as bad as this looks, Hunts thankful that neither his friend or the woman weren't injured more seriously. That could have resulted in some serious neck issues.

There's video footage so suspension incoming. Kind of ridiculous that these types of things happen all the time but usually nothing happens unless there's footage.

Grab Ware in fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Yikes. Happened in February and just now hearing about it??

The same thing with Rice the coverup is worse then the crime. If he was suspended this wouldn't have been as big of story

Guess it depends on how big of a media outcry occurs from it before anything will happen. SMH. IF both the Chiefs and the League knew about it, and did nothing.... wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You have young guys brought up in iffy environments who have been coddled and hero worshipped and then handed a fortune...and some don't handle conflict well, especially when you mix in alcohol. At least that's how the theory goes. I can at least understand that.

My question is, what's wrong with the league?

What I don't get and what pisses me off to no end is where the NFL is in all this.

I don't expect them to babysit players or even prevent these issues from happening.

But I do expect them to actually manage these issues once they come to light.

Seriously, if you're Steve Bisciotti, aren't you embarrassed by the way Goodell's office is managing the league's image, putting money above all else? If I'm an owner, I'm making calls and getting support lined up to oust Goodell, at this point.

His office figuratively puts its head in the sand on these issues and does absolutely nothing to get out in front, and then when they come to light it just gets worse.

They botched Ray Rice and he ends up paying the ultimate price rather than serving a thoughtful suspension. They say nothing about Kaepernick and let Trump turn it into a huge problem for them--I don't care what side of the argument you are on kneeling, the league could and should have totally managed it before it got out of hand. How did they let Foster sign with the Redskins last week without stepping in and showing they were managing that situation? And now they look like fools--or worse, greedy pimps--for letting Hunt play without saying a word.

What, did they think this problem was just going to get swept under the carpet and never come to light?

I'm not sure I can support a team that plays in a Goodell-led NFL anymore.
    Well said. The NFL is a disaster when it comes to this stuff.