Blog Entries

Week 12 playoff probability

This game for the ravens is a 30% swing in odds for making the playoffs which is the most in the afc.

https://twitter.com/bburkeespn/statu...723645443?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Week 12 playoff probability

Trying to under the table. Does this mean that, with a win this Sunday, the Ravens chances of making the playoffs would rise by 30%? Or to 30%? Or from what? To what?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

3. Re: Week 12 playoff probability

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Trying to under the table. Does this mean that, with a win this Sunday, the Ravens chances of making the playoffs would rise by 30%? Or to 30%? Or from what? To what?
    I'll take a stab. You got it right with your first guess. With a win, the Ravens chance of making the playoff rises to ~45%. With a loss, that chance drops to ~15%. So the Ravens-Raiders game has 30% of "leverage" on the Ravens playoff chances.

What I'm really curious about is the effect of the Bengals-Browns game on the Ravens playoff chances.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I'll take a stab. You got it right with your first guess. With a win, the Ravens chance of making the playoff rises to ~45%. With a loss, that chance drops to ~15%. So the Ravens-Raiders game has 30% of "leverage" on the Ravens playoff chances.

What I'm really curious about is the effect of the Bengals-Browns game on the Ravens playoff chances.
    Correct it’s a 30% swing either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post

The Bengals leverage for the Bengals Browns game is 17%. Most of that 17% has to come directly out of the Ravens hide.

6. Re: Week 12 playoff probability

Looks like they currently have the Ravens with a 41.2% chance to make the playoffs. So a win doesn't help very much (chance improves ~4%) but a loss hurts quite a bit (chance drops ~26%).

edit: Ah, true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    The Bengals leverage for the Bengals Browns game is 17%. Most of that 17% has to come directly out of the Ravens hide.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Probability of my sister-in-law closing another All-You-Can-Eat Bar-B-Que joint = 100%
    ... Bc