Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Khalil Mack Hindsight

I wasn't in favor of trading for Mack, and my opinion hasn't changed. We are an aging team that needs to shed bad contracts (Joe, Crabtree, Jimmy Smith, Weddle, Brandon Williams, Jefferson, etc.) and use as many picks as we can get to restock our roster with talented players, in particular offensive skill players.

Adding Mack's contract combined with shipping away multiple #1 draft picks would've been a terrible move for this franchise. A good move for a team like the Bears with a lot of young talent already there, in particular at QB and RB. Not a good move for the Ravens.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Question Re: Khalil Mack Hindsight

Of course hindsight is 20 - 20, but it looks like the Bears paid and got what they bargained for.
    A star player, at the top of his game @ 27, having an outstanding season, and they're in 1st place (ahead of the Vikings and Packers). Good for them in Chicago, but could the Ravens go all-in on him? I just don't know... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I wasn't in favor of trading for Mack, and my opinion hasn't changed. We are an aging team that needs to shed bad contracts (Joe, Crabtree, Jimmy Smith, Weddle, Brandon Williams, Jefferson, etc.) and use as many picks as we can get to restock our roster with talented players, in particular offensive skill players.

Adding Mack's contract combined with shipping away multiple #1 draft picks would've been a terrible move for this franchise. A good move for a team like the Bears with a lot of young talent already there, in particular at QB and RB. Not a good move for the Ravens.
    You are correct sir. Khalil Mack’s contract only works for teams who have a solid core of young players who are still under paid. Khalil sets you over the top as far as being a contender, as we see with bears.

A team in the ravens position that have way too many older slower players, and not much young talent, needs all the draft picks we can get. In fact we should be trying to trade se of these guys for picks.

2 things our FO need to focus on is acquiring draft picks and shedding cap.

Also I think with Lamar it’s time to pony up for some offensive talent. Imagine if Lamar had Tareke Hill, Julio Jones, Antonio brown.

I think this bargain basement receiver philosophy needs to come to an end.

The league has aggressively moved towards deep throws and high powered offenses. Do you all the PI calls on deep balls(pause)?

If we break the bank it needs to be on superstar receiving talent.

Let's daydream and say we did get him.

What number does he wear?

Blog Entries

Mack is not for us. If the Ravens were to invest that kind of money and draft picks it would have to be for a WR. DeAndre Hopkins is he really had been available is exactly what you're looking for. More pass rush isn't going win games for us. Scoring TDs will. John Brown has 4 receiving TDs and we got a bunch with 2. That's horrible. That guy who can catch double digit TDs is what's needed to win in the NFL unless you can spread it around to a crazy level like the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    You are correct sir. Khalil Mack’s contract only works for teams who have a solid core of young players who are still under paid. Khalil sets you over the top as far as being a contender, as we see with bears.

A team in the ravens position that have way too many older slower players, and not much young talent, needs all the draft picks we can get. In fact we should be trying to trade se of these guys for picks.

2 things our FO need to focus on is acquiring draft picks and shedding cap.

Also I think with Lamar it’s time to pony up for some offensive talent. Imagine if Lamar had Tareke Hill, Julio Jones, Antonio brown.

I think this bargain basement receiver philosophy needs to come to an end.

The league has aggressively moved towards deep throws and high powered offenses. Do you all the PI calls on deep balls(pause)?

If we break the bank it needs to be on superstar receiving talent.
    Don't forget that both Brown and Hill were late round draft picks. I.e "bargain basement receivers"

7. Re: Khalil Mack Hindsight

With what we would've had to give up to sign him, I'd say no. We would've never been able to bring in any of the FA receivers. Flacco would be throwing to Perriman, Chris Moore, and Jordan Lasley. We'd be worse off this year.

Now in the long run...thats a different story.

I think the hindsight on the Mack trade won't come until his time is up in Chicago. IMO, the only way that trade becomes worth it is if they get a SB win out of it. That was alot to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I think the hindsight on the Mack trade won't come until his time is up in Chicago. IMO, the only way that trade becomes worth it is if they get a SB win out of it. That was alot to give up.
    I don't know man, you can't pin SB hopes on one guy.

I don't think Chi is sniffing the playoffs this year without him. He is giving them the chance to compete right now.
    Last edited by cjandrze; 11-20-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: bad at words

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Don't forget that both Brown and Hill were late round draft picks. I.e "bargain basement receivers"
    That’s not what a bargain basement receiver is. Those are good draft picks.

Bargain basement receivers are receivers that had a few good seasons, and their production kinda falls off or they get older so you can get them on the cheap, but they may still have the name.

Examples of Ravens bargain basement philosophy pickups would be: Crabtree, Snead, Watson, housmenzadah, Donte stallworth, attempting to sign Dex BRYANT.

And so many more I can’t name.

Out of all these years the only ones to work out were Steve Smith and Q. But that’s like 2/25.

Watching Mack play the other night he elevates the play of those around him like Ray used to do. Akiem Hicks was also playing out of his mind. Players like Mack can improve an entire defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    That’s not what a bargain basement receiver is. Those are good draft picks.

Bargain basement receivers are receivers that had a few good seasons, and their production kinda falls off or they get older so you can get them on the cheap, but they may still have the name.

Examples of Ravens bargain basement philosophy pickups would be: Crabtree, Snead, Watson, housmenzadah, Donte stallworth, attempting to sign Dex BRYANT.

And so many more I can’t name.

Out of all these years the only ones to work out were Steve Smith and Q. But that’s like 2/25.
    Gotcha, I thought you meant late round draft picks.