Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How the Ravens saw the Chiefs vs Rams Game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    That's what's so weird about it. But, one QB threw for almost 500yds/6tds and the other for over 400yds. Yes D scored... There were punts, etc. Frame it however you'd like... but, for some reason it was most unenjoyable. That's all I got.
    Part of it was the excessive number of penalties. Particularly in the 1st half. It was a choppy game for a long while. But I get you. It's almost like no suspense. If it's basically a score on every possession, your just waiting to see who gets the ball last.

That said I enjoyed Kansas City's offense playmakers and Andy Reid's play calls/play designs. How could you not love the fake double reverse screen pass to Kareem Hunt for the Touchdown? Or the fake WR screen/fake RB screen TE middle screen to Kelce?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Putting aside your faulty logic here for a minute, which is akin to expecting us to beat the Patriots since the Titans beat them and we beat the Titans, we also were playing N.O. here, outside, where they're clearly a better team indoors and especially at home. We're playing the Chiefs in KC. They're going to roll us, just like the Saints would've if the game had been in the Superdome.
    Can I borrow that crystal ball?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The saints have a better QB and better HBs, but there are multiple players on KC who can burn you for chunk plays and an elite TE.

KC is a nightmare matchup
    I think we could cover their receivers but kelce would indeed be a problem since Mosley sucks in coverage. Carr has had some success against tight ends though..

Blog Entries

The big takeaway should have been in how the Ravens evaluated the QBs. If I was DeCosta I'd be looking through my notes to see how close I was on these guys. The Rams traded up from #15 to get Goff. The Chiefs traded up from #27 to get Mahomes. Both teams were so confident in their evaluations that they were willing to give up a ton of picks for those moves. DeCosta needs to look bad at his own evaluation and see if he was on the same page. If he wasn't he needs to think about why and what he needs to do to improve drafting in the future.

Blog Entries

Here's how the Ravens see things now :

Here’s how the whole race looks after Week 11:

LEADERS
    1. Kansas City (9-2): Still in first, but look out for the Chargers in the AFC West. And the Steelers, Patriots and Texans for home-field advantage.

2. Pittsburgh (7-2-1): Has the inside track for a bye week.

3. New England (7-3): Beating Houston head-to-head in Week One may prove to be huge.

4. Houston (7-3): A big lead in the AFC South.

5. L.A. Chargers (7-3): Blowing a game to the Broncos dealt a major blow to their chances of catching the Chiefs.

6. Baltimore (5-5): Wins the tiebreaker over Indianapolis and Miami based on AFC record, and the tiebreaker over Cincinnati based on division record.

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The big takeaway should have been in how the Ravens evaluated the QBs. If I was DeCosta I'd be looking through my notes to see how close I was on these guys. The Rams traded up from #15 to get Goff. The Chiefs traded up from #27 to get Mahomes. Both teams were so confident in their evaluations that they were willing to give up a ton of picks for those moves. DeCosta needs to look bad at his own evaluation and see if he was on the same page. If he wasn't he needs to think about why and what he needs to do to improve drafting in the future.
    The Chiefs got the pick from Buffalo who still has an unknown in Josh Allen. Pretty sure they'd love to have Mahomes right now.

I fully expect the Ravens to lose in KC. I'm mostly just hoping for a good effort and no injuries.

The chiefs will score as many points as they want to against the Ravens defense.

I have no idea what DeCosta thinks, but I bet Harbaugh wants to run run ruuuun the ball and hope to eat up clock.

As far as those two defenses being bad, those schemes and playmakers are quite a bit harder to defend against than most.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    KC could easily hang 40-50 on us
    They can't score if they aren't on the field.

Blog Entries

Ravens will beat the Chiefs proving that defense, running game and efficient passing wins in December against offensive teams.

(Let the onslaught of laughter and screaming at me begin while I run out the door ducking!)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Let’s at least wait until Lamar’s 2nd year before we make that conclusion. Mahomes basically redshirted his first pro year and Goff damn sure didn’t look like this.

That game was a lot more enjoyable than watching my team hold a good offense to a season low point total only to lose 20-16. I'm tired of hearing, "But they only scored 20 on us. We should be proud."

Fcuk that!!!