Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: How the Ravens saw the Chiefs vs Rams Game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    KC could easily hang 40-50 on us
    The saints offense is the best in the league and didn't get anywhere near 40

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Putting aside your faulty logic here for a minute, which is akin to expecting us to beat the Patriots since the Titans beat them and we beat the Titans, we also were playing N.O. here, outside, where they're clearly a better team indoors and especially at home. We're playing the Chiefs in KC. They're going to roll us, just like the Saints would've if the game had been in the Superdome.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Well.... We will soon get to find out if Chiefs can hang 40 on us. As much as I have hated watching our offense struggle for the past 2 decades, I hated watching that game last night. Don't get me wrong, those QBs are impressive and I love Mahomes, but it was just silly to watch. It wasn't great football... The helmet to helmet calls were ridiculous. The defensive play in the secondary was ridiculous. After KC scored the 2 quick TDs to take the lead and then LA quickly responded to retake the lead, I quickly changed the channel to rewatch Family Guy re-runs. Might as well watch a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Putting aside your faulty logic here for a minute, which is akin to expecting us to beat the Patriots since the Titans beat them and we beat the Titans, we also were playing N.O. here, outside, where they're clearly a better team indoors and especially at home. We're playing the Chiefs in KC. They're going to roll us, just like the Saints would've if the game had been in the Superdome.
    Thank gawd they don't play the games on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The saints have a better QB and better HBs, but there are multiple players on KC who can burn you for chunk plays and an elite TE.

KC is a nightmare matchup
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Well.... We will soon get to find out if Chiefs can hang 40 on us. As much as I have hated watching our offense struggle for the past 2 decades, I hated watching that game last night. Don't get me wrong, those QBs are impressive and I love Mahomes, but it was just silly to watch. It wasn't great football... The helmet to helmet calls were ridiculous. The defensive play in the secondary was ridiculous. After KC scored the 2 quick TDs to take the lead and then LA quickly responded to retake the lead, I quickly changed the channel to rewatch Family Guy re-runs. Might as well watch a basketball game.
    I agree, I don't care to watch games like last night's either. The NFL has castrated defenses, and made most games across the league akin to the Pro Bowl. It's a shame, as good defense is always something I've appreciated, obviously so as a longtime Ravens fan.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Glad to hear someone say this. Sure, I admit I enjoyed the game last night. But two teams scoring at will isn't my idea of great football. I'll take Ravens/Steelers circa 2008 any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Glad to hear someone say this. Sure, I admit I enjoyed the game last night. But two teams scoring at will isn't my idea of great football. I'll take Ravens/Steelers circa 2008 any day.
    I don't want to sound like an old curmudgeon pining for the old days of 2 yards and a cloud of dust... I was amazed and at the same time disappointed in what the game has become.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    It's a shame, as good defense is always something I've appreciated, obviously so as a longtime Ravens fan.
    Haha! It's all we've had to love and root for for 20 years... And there is something so dominant about shutting a team down.

I don't get this. This game wasn't exactly the poster child for the "Defense doesn't matter" narrative. Weren't there like 3 defensive scores? I went to bed at halftime. Seems like the defense really made the difference this game.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I don't get this. This game wasn't exactly the poster child for the "Defense doesn't matter" narrative. Weren't there like 3 defensive scores? I went to bed at halftime. Seems like the defense really made the difference this game.
    That's what's so weird about it. But, one QB threw for almost 500yds/6tds and the other for over 400yds. Yes D scored... There were punts, etc. Frame it however you'd like... but, for some reason it was most unenjoyable. That's all I got.

I lost interest early after 2 scores and like 6-8 defensive penalties in a row. I made a rant on another thread yesterday about the the NFL's issues stemming from how the game has changed and this reinforced it to me. I actually planned my schedule around catching this game and lost interest quickly. Sad really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I enjoyed the game just like everyone else. But, both QBs passed for over 400 yards with 10 TDs combined. I'd hardly say the defenses made a difference. When you drop back and pass close to 100 times the defense is going to get home at some point which they did. But I'm not buying the narrative (which I also heard on 105.7 this morning) that the defenses played a part simply because they made a play 3 out of 100 times.