Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patrick Mahomes

Blog Entries

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Fair enough, I'll take you at your word, and to be fair, you're not the only one (by far) throwing around a lot of hyperbole. But you did say that Lamar can be even better than Mahomes, I didn't make that up.
    I guess I was coming from the viewpoint that I don't think he can pass the ball consistently and it's a major uphill battle for him. Likewise, I'll admit to the fans that like the Lamar pick if he can pass like Mahomes he'd be something special - perhaps even more. But, he's no where near Mahomes and I don't think he ever will be. But we can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Mahomes is the next best QB in this league once Brady, Rogers and Brees retires. The guy is amazing. If Lamar Jackson can get the passing game going he could even be better.

What a crazy game last night though!
    People were fast to anoint RG3 and Kaeprnick the next great NFL quarterbacks, and they fizzled out after a while for various reasons. A big test for Mahomes is to make it past the sophomore slump after there is enough film on him. The great ones typically need to make adjustments and evolve.

Mahomes is the new Bret Farve. Going to make a lot of OMG plays and win a lot of games, but also throw a lot of WTF passes and do a lot of what we’re you thinking plays. He’s going to be a Fantasy qb dream. Exciting to watch but frustrating if he’s your qb and does something stupid that cost you a win.

He had two silly interceptions late because he just would not throw it away and play the next down. Throwing it away is a skill he may never master. Throwing it into triple coverage he’s got down perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Mahomes is the next best QB in this league once Brady, Rogers and Brees retires. The guy is amazing. If Lamar Jackson can get the passing game going he could even be better.

What a crazy game last night though!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    People were fast to anoint RG3 and Kaeprnick the next great NFL quarterbacks, and they fizzled out after a while for various reasons. A big test for Mahomes is to make it past the sophomore slump after there is enough film on him. The great ones typically need to make adjustments and evolve.
    If his skills drop a quarter he is still top 10

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mahomes is no doubt amazing, but im going to wait till the third year to make any judgement calls. After DC have some tape on him, find his tendencies, disguise certain looks, then we will see what he can do. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, the way he throws outside of the pocket is insane. He definitely looks the part of greatness.
    Attachment 4839
    Last edited by usmccharles; 11-20-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart