Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Employees at M&T yesterday

Did anyone at the game yesterday notice how overly "fan-friendly" the red coats and other employees were acting? I've never seen them act that way. It was almost laughable the way some of them were acting. I guess when you have 10k empty seats staring you in the face every week you do everything you can to try and get your fan base interested again. I just had to laugh at all the high 5's they were all giving out as you walked by them. Maybe Harbs got the memo too since he was acting more giddy than usual.

Re: Employees at M&T yesterday

I put off their exuberant welcoming on the 500 level escalator to Inaugural Game Day Operation Buzz, but I have noticed that rocking my plastic ticket on the lanyard outside my Ghost Shirt earns me some "Yes, sirs, " I wouldn't have expected in years past.

I saw that last year as well.

You do what you gotta do.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Did anyone at the game yesterday notice how overly "fan-friendly" the red coats and other employees were acting? I've never seen them act that way. It was almost laughable the way some of them were acting. I guess when you have 10k empty seats staring you in the face every week you do everything you can to try and get your fan base interested again. I just had to laugh at all the high 5's they were all giving out as you walked by them. Maybe Harbs got the memo too since he was acting more giddy than usual.
    Yea it was obvious. I even mentioned it on another thread earlier this week. Clearly the Ravens recognize attendance is way down and are trying everything they can to keep the stadium a good experience. I think it's pretty awesome the team is making all stadium enhancements with some fan friendly staff to go with it. Can't wait until the escalators on my side are ready.

Interesting note, the staff was the same way at the summer training camp as well. Hats off to the Ravens for making it a nice environment for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Interesting note, the staff was the same way at the summer training camp as well. Hats off to the Ravens for making it a nice environment for the fans.
    By way of contrast, I've attended two Redskins games in RalJohn, and the ushers there order you around like Gestapo at a train yard.

i've always found the staff to be helpful and upbeat.it is charm city.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    By way of contrast, I've attended two Redskins games in RalJohn, and the ushers there order you around like Gestapo at a train yard.
    My wife and I went to a Sunday Night Ravens game there in 2004 (I think...). Anyway, we get to the upper level and I asked one of the ushers if I was in the right section and she says with a scowl on her face, "Your seat is 35 miles to the North." And turned away and refused to help.

Things don't get better when we get to our seats. We were next to a Redskins couple and they were cordial. After a while, the Ravens started to win the game, and some Redskins fans behind us start throwing things at us...nothing major like a bottle, but stuff like peanut shells, bottle tops, paper wads, etc. And no, I am not one of "those" away game fans that instigate things. I wear my team's colors and when they do well, I cheer for them. I am always respectful of the fans around me. Anyway, after a few minutes, the guy next to me (the Redskin fan) gets up and tells them to knock it off (he and his wife were the victims of friendly fire). At which point the usher comes up, assesses the situation, and warns my wife and I that he may have to ask us to leave.

True story.
    Last edited by PeterB58; 11-22-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    My wife and I went to a Sunday Night Ravens game there in 2004 (I think...). Anyway, we get to the upper level and I asked one of the ushers if I was in the right section and she says with a scowl on her face, "Your seat is 35 miles to the North." And turned away and refused to help.

Things don't get better when we get to our seats. We were next to a Redskins couple and they were cordial. After a while, the Ravens started to win the game, and some Redskins fans behind us start throwing things at us...nothing major like a bottle, but stuff like peanut shells, bottle tops, paper wads, etc. And no, I am not one of "those" away game fans that instigate things. I wear my team's colors and when they do well, I cheer for them. I am always respectful of the fans around me. Anyway, after a few minutes, the guy next to me (the Redskin fan) gets up and tells them to knock it off (he and his wife were the victims of friendly fire). At which point the usher comes up, assesses the situation, and warns my wife and I that he may have to ask us to leave.

True story.
    Was that the game Ed Reed had the strip sack and returned it for a TD? I was at that game.

Was that the game Ed Reed had the strip sack and returned it for a TD? I was at that game.
    Yes it was!!!

I also was at that game! With my dad.

11. Re: Employees at M&T yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post

True story.
    BJ Sams scored the other Ravens TD on a punt return, aided by a fake pitch to Deion Sanders. Kyle Boller threw 3 interceptions (at least 2 of which bounced off of his receiver if my memory is accurate). The Ravens were in trouble, trailing 10-0 and unable to score on offense before Reed made his mark. I'm sure the fans in Washington still believe it was an incomplete pass. You can decide for yourselves if they're argument has any merit.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I also was at that game! With my dad.
    I confused that with the 2008 game here...Ed Reed also had a 22-yard fumble recovery for a TD in that game.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012