Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: MMQB: The Plan for Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I was thinking about this exact question this morning. The answer I came up with was the 2014 WC win @Pitt. That's a long time ago...
    Right oc21, but that was also when Gary Kubiak was the Ravens Offensive Coordinator... Bc

Blog Entries

I am legitimately worried about Lamar Jackson. It's like we haven't learned anything. Robert Griffin is a QB on this team. Do we not remember him running around like he was invincible, before trying to slide, only for his leg to whip around Haloti Ngata's body.......and shatter into a gazillion pieces. I mean, he took a hit along the sideline that I'm surprised didn't bust his hip.

In now way should 24 carries for a QB be deemed okay. We've spent years calling Coach Harbaugh 'John Schembechler'. I haven't been the only one doing it. Of course John is excited. Do you know why? Because the Ravens can finally run the ball again. That's all he cares about and he doesn't care how he achieves it. He's stuck in one mode and Jackson's going to be the victim of that. Jackson is a good kid, with a lot of confidence who will go with the flow. Nobody's going to turn down playing time. There's a reason why not even Michael Vick had that many carries in a game. It's a BAD IDEA. Under no circumstance is it a GOOD IDEA. Yeah, you won that game, but keep that shit up and you won't have a QB.

I don't wanna hear that shit about pocket QBs getting hurt too. That doesn't make it right to invite the hits.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I am legitimately worried about Lamar Jackson. It's like we haven't learned anything. Robert Griffin is a QB on this team. Do we not remember him running around like he was invincible, before trying to slide, only for his leg to whip around Haloti Ngata's body.......and shatter into a gazillion pieces. I mean, he took a hit along the sideline that I'm surprised didn't bust his hip.

In now way should 24 carries for a QB be deemed okay. We've spent years calling Coach Harbaugh 'John Schembechler'. I haven't been the only one doing it. Of course John is excited. Do you know why? Because the Ravens can finally run the ball again. That's all he cares about and he doesn't care how he achieves it. He's stuck in one mode and Jackson's going to be the victim of that. Jackson is a good kid, with a lot of confidence who will go with the flow. Nobody's going to turn down playing time. There's a reason why not even Michael Vick had that many carries in a game. It's a BAD IDEA. Under no circumstance is it a GOOD IDEA. Yeah, you won that game, but keep that shit up and you won't have a QB.

I don't wanna hear that shit about pocket QBs getting hurt too. That doesn't make it right to invite the hits.
    Well your gonna hear about pocket qb's because whens the last time youve heard a running qb get hurt vs a pocket qb?? All you guys are doing is repeating each other everyday. Lamar will be fine he 21 and to be honest the nfl is so soft you can barely hit anybody these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cj-audio View Post
    Well your gonna hear about pocket qb's because whens the last time youve heard a running qb get hurt vs a pocket qb?? All you guys are doing is repeating each other everyday. Lamar will be fine he 21 and to be honest the nfl is so soft you can barely hit anybody these days.
    Marcus Mariota
    Tyrod Taylor
    Mitch Trubisky
    Deshaun Watson
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by cj-audio View Post
    Saying LJ is 21 and the NFL is soft as a way of defending him not sliding is pretty foolish. I do feel like im the one who harps on this the most and i just dont see why you dont think it would be smart for him to slide, it minimizes risks...thats all. Worked out well for Wentz
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

MMQB: The Plan for Lamar Jackson

Alex Smith just had a gruesome leg injury in the pocket. Can’t be scared of injuries. They can happen to anyone on the field.

Lamar is playing because Flacco got hurt in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Re: MMQB: The Plan for Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Alex Smith just had a gruesome leg injury in the pocket. Can’t be scared of injuries. They can happen to anyone on the field.

Lamar is playing because Flacco got hurt in the pocket.
    Not sure that's the right approach. I'd agree that you can't be afraid of him getting hurt, but that's not the same thing as increasing his exposure to hits (and thus increasing his likelihood of injury). I'm having difficulty thinking of a good metaphor, maybe someone else can help me out.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Look, yeah the sport is inherently risky, but that doesn't mean you don't try to protect yourself. Everyone who rides a motorcycle will take a spill eventually, but that doesn't mean you don't wear a helmet. Jackson needs to be sliding plain and simple.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Not sure that's the right approach. I'd agree that you can't be afraid of him getting hurt, but that's not the same thing as increasing his exposure to hits (and thus increasing his likelihood of injury). I'm having difficulty thinking of a good metaphor, maybe someone else can help me out.
    Anyone will agree that running a QB a lot is not sustainable. Obviously the odds of Lamar running 27 times again in a game are slim. My point is that we can't be so afraid of injuries just because Lamar has the ability to run.

Blog Entries

This is a league protecting the QB more than ever. I think it's too much zag to not take full advantage of that. 27 rushing attempts is so far away from taking advantage of that.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries