Baldy breaks down LJ’s first start.

https://youtu.be/Z0NoSfGjREk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great vid thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Re: MMQB: The Plan for Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    The way people have written off Joe is stupid. LJ is not a big time pro QB. He looks like a college kid running around out there. Even though we won, it was hard to watch. Wait till we meet KC or LA. It's good night Irene. Joe will retire after next year, LJ won't be ready. We better draft a QB or 2 just in case.
    Lol you know who else is not a big time QB, even remotely? Joe Flacco.

The gall to say ‘the way people have written off Joe is stupid’ when he’s done nothing of note for 4 years and then to completely write off Jackson who has one start... well that is stupid.

After watching last nights awesome game, I'm convinced more than ever that the Ravens need to find a young, smart and motivated head coach who is going to develop LJ into a star. I don't know who that guy is but Bisciotti and DeCosta need to find him. The NFL is about putting points on the board. The league has changed drastically over the past 10 years so the Ravens need to stop investing so much into the defense and build an offensive machine around LJ like they have in LA, KC and NO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Lol you know who else is not a big time QB, even remotely? Joe Flacco.

The gall to say ‘the way people have written off Joe is stupid’ when he’s done nothing of note for 4 years and then to completely write off Jackson who has one start... well that is stupid.
    Flacco is ranked at the bottom of almost every QB stat since 2013. People be acting like he's a good or even average qb, but he's not. Sorry he's just not good.

http://pfref.com/tiny/zbvMo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    After watching last nights awesome game, I'm convinced more than ever that the Ravens need to find a young, smart and motivated head coach who is going to develop LJ into a star. I don't know who that guy is but Bisciotti and DeCosta need to find him. The NFL is about putting points on the board. The league has changed drastically over the past 10 years so the Ravens need to stop investing so much into the defense and build an offensive machine around LJ like they have in LA, KC and NO.
    This team needed to start investing more in offence 15 years ago to be honest but be that as it may, you need to invest in both sides of the ball. What you can’t do is consistently miss draft picks. Honestly I can’t look at a draft in almost 10 years and call it an unmitigated success now. I thought the 2016 class was a home run but they’ve collectively taken a step back this year (except Stanley, but he keeps getting banged up). 2017 looks like a disaster outside of one player. I like quite a few from the 2018 draft, notably Jackson Averrett and Brown Jr but I’m not holding out a ton of hope for the rest. Hopefully Andrews keeps up his play. My biggest problem with the team is that they lack bedrock players. Who can you point to on either side of the ball and say ‘that’s a 10 year starter who we need to pay’? Only guys that I think are sure bets are Stanley and Humphrey at this point. Michael pierce is a real nice player but I feel he’s primarily a run stopper so then youre just back into a Brandon Williams situation. After the 2016 season I would of thought Mosley was a no brainer but he’s fallen off hard for two years in a row now. Zadarious Smith? Too inconsistent. Personally can’t think of anyone else. Tavon Young hasn’t been great. Jefferson is only serviceable. Everyone else is old.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    This team needed to start investing more in offence 15 years ago to be honest but be that as it may, you need to invest in both sides of the ball. What you can’t do is consistently miss draft picks. Honestly I can’t look at a draft in almost 10 years and call it an unmitigated success now. I thought the 2016 class was a home run but they’ve collectively taken a step back this year (except Stanley, but he keeps getting banged up). 2017 looks like a disaster outside of one player. I like quite a few from the 2018 draft, notably Jackson Averrett and Brown Jr but I’m not holding out a ton of hope for the rest. Hopefully Andrews keeps up his play. My biggest problem with the team is that they lack bedrock players. Who can you point to on either side of the ball and say ‘that’s a 10 year starter who we need to pay’? Only guys that I think are sure bets are Stanley and Humphrey at this point. Michael pierce is a real nice player but I feel he’s primarily a run stopper so then youre just back into a Brandon Williams situation. After the 2016 season I would of thought Mosley was a no brainer but he’s fallen off hard for two years in a row now. Zadarious Smith? Too inconsistent. Personally can’t think of anyone else. Tavon Young hasn’t been great. Jefferson is only serviceable. Everyone else is old.
    You're right and it is probably a good thing Ozzie is hanging it up or Bisciotti would have another tough decision to make. The media loves Ozzie but they only see what he did 5+ years ago, he's been an average GM the last 5 years. Hopefully DeCosta will meet the challenge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    You're right and it is probably a good thing Ozzie is hanging it up or Bisciotti would have another tough decision to make. The media loves Ozzie but they only see what he did 5+ years ago, he's been an average GM the last 5 years. Hopefully DeCosta will meet the challenge.
    I'm not convinced he's lost anything. I think he and Harbaugh (and his asst coaches) just aren't in sync with who they draft and how to develop and use them after. Jut one example is Jimmy Smith drafted for his press coverage and Pees play him in a soft zone and then the board lights up he a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I'm not convinced he's lost anything. I think he and Harbaugh (and his asst coaches) just aren't in sync with who they draft and how to develop and use them after. Jut one example is Jimmy Smith drafted for his press coverage and Pees play him in a soft zone and then the board lights up he a bust.
    No. Its Ozzie. And, Ozzie is getting the Dean Pees treatment here. It was a termination, but we are moving forward, and for good reason.

Ozzies insistence out painting outside the lines was good when we were AHEAD of the rest of the league, scouting wise.

Now, instead of taking the paint picks like a Derwin James or a JuJu Smith-Schuster, we trade back and take these "value" picks. That has Ozzie's fingerprints all over it. He was always this way, it just used to be effective, but it isn't anymore.

The quality of scouting video out there, and the total focus on offseason analysis, means that when BLESTO and the hive mind have JuJu as the best WR on the board and a good option, you just take him, no questions asked. When you have a Miles Jack possibly staring you in the face, you take him.

Ozzie has to go, and luckily he's going willingly.

Get to the QB.
    Augment/Amplify the QB.

They need to be the primary focuses.

EDC can bring the roster along quite a bit in one off-season.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Flacco is ranked at the bottom of almost every QB stat since 2013. People be acting like he's a good or even average qb, but he's not. Sorry he's just not good.

http://pfref.com/tiny/zbvMo
    Don't exaggerate. Joe is ahead of Blake Bortles & Brock Osweiler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Get to the QB.
    Augment/Amplify the QB.

They need to be the primary focuses.

I would add ‘disrupt the opposing QB’ as well.

Beyond an upper echelon offensive line, I still think the best ‘weapon’ you can give a QB is an elite pass catching back. Finding that, whether it be the draft or free agency (which is a polarizing option here) should be one of the top priorities imo.

Interior Line
    Elite pass catching back
    #1 WR

Need that stuff. And gotta hope Hurst and Andrews turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Ozzies insistence out painting outside the lines was good when we were AHEAD of the rest of the league, scouting wise.
    The quality of scouting video out there, and the total focus on offseason analysis, means that when BLESTO and the hive mind have JuJu as the best WR on the board and a good option, you just take him, no questions asked. When you have a Miles Jack possibly staring you in the face, you take him.
    That's a really great point. Scouting has come a long way in the last ~10 yrs or so. The groupthink consensus is probably pretty close to correct, at least thru the first ~2-3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    One thing I get hung up on, it's almost impossible to overstate how much different this roster is, with just two recent picks changed:
    • Last year, Juju over Bowser
    • This year, Calvin Ridley over H Hurst
    We'd be a whole different team. Just 2 players!