Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Lets Talk About The Crowd Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    On TV it definitely seemed like the crowd had been re-energized. Glad Bisciotti was in his owners box with Ray to see it.
    I feel the opposite. I want Bisciotti to see nothing but apathy from the fans. Until he sells the team we'll be mired in mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I feel the opposite. I want Bisciotti to see nothing but apathy from the fans. Until he sells the team we'll be mired in mediocrity.
    You can't be serious.

I have to say this.. Sunday was the most fun I've had at the stadium in a while. The fans were pretty pumped up. The atmosphere was different with such a different offensive game plan. Real Fan Dan couldn't get the purple wig on his giant dome and then Brucie called Tucker "Kyle Boller". I've never laughed so hard at a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I have to say this.. Sunday was the most fun I've had at the stadium in a while. The fans were pretty pumped up. The atmosphere was different with such a different offensive game plan. Real Fan Dan couldn't get the purple wig on his giant dome and then Brucie called Tucker "Kyle Boller". I've never laughed so hard at a game.
    The "Boller" thing was before the "giant dome" thing, just sayin' lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I agree.... since Biscotti saw this he more then likely will now want to keep Harbaugh and will think that now we have the answer.... I want him to see empty seats and apathy until he fires Harbaugh and his coaching staff.... we need an entire change of all the Ravens personnel and players...

Blog Entries

You want to get rid of an owner that has won a Super Bowl (two if you count his money infusion back in 2000 when Art Model still owned the team), spends to the cap every year and is making all kinds of state of the art updates to the stadium? Really? As far as owners go it doesn't get much better than this. Some fans would fire the head coach every year if they don't win a Super Bowl. 31 other teams are trying to win also.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Kids in the DMV will grow up wanting to be like Lamar just as I grew up wanting to be like Ray or Ed, my entire youth football experience revolved around wanting to play like Ray, I wore #52, I wanted to be a big hitter and a leader, his presence made a difference in my childhood. Kids will play pick up football games and yell "Look I'm LJ!" before attempting some crazy scrambling sequence. That is the magic of sports and the magic of having idols play for your home town. It's been so so so long since we've had that. If Lamar can continue to ascend and become the face of the franchise it puts such a big grin on my face knowing what that will do for the youth and for the city to rally behind him.
    sf, I totally get this. I grew up wanting to be Todd Heap. I ended up playing Tight End through my childhood all the way into High School football. These kinds of players stick with you. I want other kids in Baltimore to have those players.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Oh come on. I think Steve is the best owner in the league.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    sf, I totally get this. I grew up wanting to be Todd Heap. I ended up playing Tight End through my childhood all the way into High School football. These kinds of players stick with you. I want other kids in Baltimore to have those players.
    10000%. I grew up wanting to be Ray. I was that ra ra guy who gave the speech before my youth football games and we'd always finish every time with "what time is it? game time!" I would have done the dance too when we were introduced but my parents wouldn't let me Kids the last 6 years haven't had anyone like that other than maybe SSS

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    You want to get rid of an owner that has won a Super Bowl (two if you count his money infusion back in 2000 when Art Model still owned the team), spends to the cap every year and is making all kinds of state of the art updates to the stadium? Really? As far as owners go it doesn't get much better than this. Some fans would fire the head coach every year if they don't win a Super Bowl. 31 other teams are trying to win also.
    I want to get rid of an owner who has become content with mediocrity. I want an owner who will want to challenge the steelers for the division. The Ravens have been an average (at best) team since the super bowl. We all know what (who) the problem is, but Bisciotti thinks that everything has been just fine during the last 6 years. You know, the ball has just been bouncing the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I agree.... since Biscotti saw this he more then likely will now want to keep Harbaugh and will think that now we have the answer.... I want him to see empty seats and apathy until he fires Harbaugh and his coaching staff.... we need an entire change of all the Ravens personnel and players...
    More likely to keep Harbaugh? I don't think its ever been a question. Bisciotti just doesn't get it. Harbaugh won a super bowl because he had great leaders in Lewis and Reed and Flacco played absolutely out of his mind during the playoff run. In '14 we saw what the infusion of a real coach could do with an otherwise horrible offense. Since then, its been garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    This was the most entertaining Ravens game that I have seen for awhile. No question that Jackson energized the crowd and the fan base. The question is if he will remain the starter once Joe is healthy.?The other question is can Lamar last an entire season playing this way and taking all the hits? I am not yet convinced that Lamar can be trusted in the passing game.
    Scoring and sustained drives energized the crowd. For this game that was about Lamar. Also Defensive stops, good ST play (save for one bad punt coverage). It was a complete effort for the first time in weeks. THAT puts butts in the seats and pumps the crowd up.