Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Playoffs are in sight

For me, it depends on how they win. If they win by Lamar running 20+ times again, Joe will be back ASAP. Atlanta has been struggling offensively, but they have more capability than Cincinnati to rebound from key injuries on offense. The chances of holding Atlanta to 21 are slim.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I disagree Lax I think Joe walks right back into the gig.
    Don’t know. Harbage wants to keep his job. Lamar gave the team and city a spark. If they win again with Lamar this Sunday...I think Joe goes like Romo in Big D. It will be Lamar’s job to lose then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Re: Playoffs are in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I disagree Lax I think Joe walks right back into the gig.
    The days of Lamar getting single digit snaps are over. Even when Joe is healthy, there's no (reasonable) way that John and Marty can rationalize not putting 8 out there for a significant number of snaps. I expect that Joe will return to the starting role, but the Lamar package will be a feature of the offense rather than a sidenote.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Flacco is liable to be under center again as soon as this Sunday.
    I think not this Sunday. Oakland is weak; and they're a Pacific team travelling to the East Coast to play a 1:00 game. They're a perfect opponent to set up Lamar to have success. I could see Flacco returning for the following week, on the road at Atlanta. Three weeks off to let the hip heal.

Interesting question: How would Flacco play, stepping back into the starting role after his sub gets acclaim for two wins? Pissed-off Joe can be very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think not this Sunday. Oakland is weak; and they're a Pacific team travelling to the East Coast to play a 1:00 game. They're a perfect opponent to set up Lamar to have success. I could see Flacco returning for the following week, on the road at Atlanta. Three weeks off to let the hip heal.

Interesting question: How would Flacco play, stepping back into the starting role after his sub gets acclaim for two wins? Pissed-off Joe can be very dangerous.
    If Lamar Jackson plays well in Oakland he's the starter moving forward. Y'all are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    To me, the early test of "The Ravens are a Playoff Team" is Atlanta. Middling team like Baltimore. But this is the type of game that the "Same Ole Ravens" would come into unprepared, lethargic and lose 33-17. We'll see...

Altanta will also be coming off a 10-day rest (they play this Thursday).
    100% agree. I expect the Ravens to take care of business against an inferior opponent at home (Raiders). But @ATL will be the real test.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    If Lamar Jackson plays well [against] Oakland he's the starter moving forward. Y'all are nuts.
    That's how I feel about it. Not sure the Ravens are thinking the same way.

Not sure they're not, either.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    If Lamar Jackson plays well in Oakland he's the starter moving forward. Y'all are nuts.
    You'll know by the gameplan.

If its similar and they win, joe will be back.

If they open it up, they win and he plays well, jackson will stay.

9. Re: Playoffs are in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Enjoy Flacco’s last games as a raven. Maybe the next team he goes to will have a good message board??
    Whatever city that is, I imagine they'll have a FWO Affiliate set up by day one there, complete w/a "Is Flacco Elite?" thread all ready to go. Watch

Alright then I'll play along...

It's very simple. The three home games are must wins. Oakland, Tampa Bay and Cleveland. Must go 3-0. That takes the Ravens to 8 wins.

Then there are the road games. @ Atlanta, @ KC, @ LA. Ravens need one of those games to get to 9 wins. They may need to win two of those games to get to 10 wins. That's where things get really tough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Bengals would take over 6 if we both won out due to division record. We would be 3-3 and they would be 4-2
    If we win out we may overtake the charges though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If we win out we may overtake the charges though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Def a poss. We’d only be fighting for a 5 or 6 seed anyway. I guess a 5 is better should a higher seed get beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk