Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The WR crapshoot

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't have the facts to back this up but I feel like harbaugh had waaaaaayyy too much pull in last 7yrs of the ravens draft and a lot of these JAGS we have on the team is due to him and his pull.
    Our drafts fell off a cliff EXACTLY as Harbaugh's influence increased. There's simply no way on earth this is a coincidence. Also the Ray Rice incident didn't help; we're clearly going for choir boy types who interview well and are willing to play special teams over the alpha maybe rough around the edges playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    lol and at the very bottom of your list....

Jordan Lasley (UCLA): If the Ravens draft him, be angry. Be very angry.

Jaleel Scott (New Mexico State): Scott is an interesting prospect, because he does tend to play to his size in most cases. However, he also has times where he doesn't take full advantage of it. He definitely feels more comfortable catching passes in his arms rather than with his hands and I'm just not a fan of arm catchers. He will go up with his hands from time to time, but not consistently enough for my taste. He reminds me a little bit of Plaxico Burress.

He has a good understanding of the boundary and of how to adjust to get that little bit of space. He just makes it hard er on himself sometimes, by not going up with his hands and leaves the occasional play on the field.
    Personally, I wouldn't feel terrible if the Ravens took him. He's not like a Darren Waller. Scott can actually play, doesn't shy away from contact and can actually make catches in tight coverage. He just doesn't play with the dominance I would want to see for a guy his size, personally.

What type of prospect is Jaylen Smith and where is he projected for the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    1 season is too early to judge tho for most WR unless they have a good system and dirth of starters in front of them.

Corey Davis is just now finding his stride after being hurt all season. Washington will have to wait just to get on the field. Moore has flashed already...

none have been massive disappointments such as #11 was with us
    They also haven't been in the league for 4 years. Remember, other than a freak injury year one, there was nothing to tell us he was a massive bust until year 3. Year 2 he looked reasonable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Yeah was seemed to be pretty easy to grab a Playmaker WR this past draft just turned into Scott and Lasley.
    This board alone was banging table for Sutton , DJ Moore , Miller , Kirk and a few others that we see on game days contributing to their teams.
    Hopefully next Year (i know right , next year lol) our two do something to make roster and plays.

I was on the Sutton or DJ Moore train. With another pick of Pettis or Gallup. As far as TE class
    I had Godert, first with Andrews second then Hurst. I get why they picked him , complete player but still would have took Godert or wR their.

Still pissed we didn’t draft O J Howard last year. A Playmaking TE could have at least got up over that hump to playoffs in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our secondary would've been torched last year and additional games this year without Humphrey though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You were definitely a 'Business Select' level passenger on that train, but you did not start it. That train started in the Land of Verdite.
    Sure you're not thinking of the Simmie Cobbs train?

This year will be another year where we have needs at so many positions that WR will be passed right over once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Our secondary would've been torched last year and additional games this year without Humphrey though.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy Humphrey has turned out to be good for us.
    Still i would have taken a Playmaker TE last year, because the O had nothing but a Shitshow for Joe. Would have taken the CB this year first and another third round.
    It’s ok with me now , got Andrews, wished Hurst was Godert but I’m good with what we do have. Adding Averett and Elliott this year i love.
    So going forward i like that they didn’t get OJ as i wished for.

I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    This year will be another year where we have needs at so many positions that WR will be passed right over once again.
    I sure hope not. With Eric , something has to be different. Rather if Joe starting next year or Lamar starting his career here , if you not hard up on a Top Pass rusher , you have to find that Playmaker WR that has escape us.
    With no 2 rd pick , i hope Eric not interested in move down and down to get more picks. Grab that beast Pass Rusher or Dynamic WR and reload O line in third and beyond.

I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

To be clear for others though, I only listed them in the order that I watched their tape.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    With no 2 rd pick , i hope Eric not interested in move down and down to get more picks.

...should we tell him?
    Burn it down

I think we tend to fall in love with players that aren’t ours. So far no one has really given me that wow we really missed one effect. Yea some are solid contributors but let’s put in perspective how they would look here. This draft looks like its producing a lot of number 2s/3s in GOOD systems. Is that really what y’all would be satisfied with?