Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

If Lamar balls out vs cincy

What are the odds that Harbaugh rolls with him for the rest of the year?

They have an excuse game to try him out with Joe's injury. But if he plays well and wins, does Flacco sit the next week too? I can't see Harbaugh giving up on the playoff hunt until it's officially over (and even then he's not the tanking type), so I can see him excusing away Lamars play and doing a whole "Joe gives us the best chance to win" bit.

If Lamar plays well and wins, my money is we still see flacco again the next week (or when healthy).

Re: If Lamar balls out vs cincy

If Lamar plays great Flacco will not play again unless lamar has a horrid game at some point
    Burn it down

I have no idea. We're stacking hypotheticals now.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

If we're talking a Nick Mullens type debut then it's possible that LJ is then named the starter. If it's a win with 200 yards passing 1 TD and 1 Int then he isn't winning the job

Didn't mean to throw out another hypothetical, my question really is does Harbaughs record as a loyalist make the odds lower of keeping Lamar in at QB even though he's playing well.

Essentially, if we're still in the hunt, would you rather have Joe come back from injury if Lamar is playing well? I can see Harbaugh doing that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If we're talking a Nick Mullens type debut then it's possible that LJ is then named the starter. If it's a win with 200 yards passing 1 TD and 1 Int then he isn't winning the job
    This is where I was going to go with it. Two different things here to me.

If we win, but there is nothing special about LJ's play, then I think they'll go back to Flacco.

If they go out and put up 35 with LJ looking like the special player he was in college, then no, I don't think they go back to Flacco.

BPR is right though, how can we have any idea? The franchise constantly surprises us and usually not in the good way. Jackson may go out, throw for 5 TDs, and we'll see Harbaugh at the podium on Tuesday saying Joe is starting on Sunday.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

7. Re: If Lamar balls out vs cincy

I have a feeling this is the type of LJ we'll be seeing on Sunday if he starts-

The whole deal to me is this.... if Lamar can actually pass the ball with. Onsistancy and hit his targets then he would continue... but if he starts that crap with always wanting to keep the ball and run it himself teams will get wise to him really fast and he will end up riding the bench... so if he does come in he better be able to accurately throw the ball. ...

I think that stat line is good enough for a rookie debut to keep him going. There's just no point reverting back to a guy that isn't in our future at that point.

Blog Entries

1st Round Draft Pick comes in and plays well over an 11 year vet with a 27 mil salary who hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years? The answer to me is obvious, Lamar Jackson is your new QB. But I don't run the team.

RGIII is starting if Joe can't play, with LJ getting more snaps.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I don't know what's going to happen... I do know that my D has a bye and I picked up Cinci's "D" in fantasy football this weekend...