Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: How Harbaugh Stays

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Great post. We are near the very bottom in YPA, passing and running. We rank near the bottom of the league in forcing turnovers, which is the very definition of boring football. We have no game changing play makers on either side of the ball. Finally, we have one of the most conservative Head coaches in the NFL. This translates into one of the least exciting brands of football in the entire league. Like you stated, I find more interest in watching other teams (KC, Houston, Rams, Saints, etc) play. Your sig says it all.
    So do we have the most conservative coach, or a stupidly aggressive one? So hard to keep it straight on this board.

Anyhow, if we're going to argue we have no playmakers, are we sure that isn't influencing whether our coach is conservative or not?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So do we have the most conservative coach, or a stupidly aggressive one? So hard to keep it straight on this board.

Anyhow, if we're going to argue we have no playmakers, are we sure that isn't influencing whether our coach is conservative or not?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Strategy = Conservative, wants to turn every game into a 17 - 13 slugfest

Tactics = Stupidly aggressive, wants to be perceived as a difference maker on the sidelines

We have no playmakers because of draft strategy; that has no bearing on Harbaugh's philosophy, imo.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Heres how i think Harbs stays

1) Joe is hurt, still hurt after the bye, LJ comes in and shows flashes and we look like a dynamic team, just miss the playoffs. Harbs advocates for him having a whole year with LJ and stays on.

2) LJ clearly isnt ready next year, but we dont cut Joe, we roll with him since Harbs and Joe are tied together.

2 sadly is what i think happens. Since im sticking by my theory that LJ is DeCosta's guy, I think after next year Harbs and Joe are gone so DeCosta can bring in his on HC and really put his stamp on the team.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

He stays I’m gone...that’s all I got control of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harbaugh will be the next coach of the Browns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Harbaugh will be the next coach of the Browns.
    There will probably be 2 or 3 more Head coaches of the Browns before Harbaugh goes to Cleveland. That should only take a year or two... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    My biggest fear is Lamar comes in and we play sub par. Harbaugh brings up how he can't make a playoff push when he had a raw QB that needed to be sitting for his is rookie year, then Bisciotti grants him another shot. Does anyone else think that is possible.
    First Jackson will be much more of a threat to teams because he can run, defenders will have to play honest knowing Jackson could run and pickup mega yards. When the defenders move up receivers become open allowing Jackson to make big plays. Will he see this develop will be the question but not many teams were worried about Flacco running so that alone would open things up for this offense. Let's give the kid a chance before the doom & gloomers come out in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    2 sadly is what i think happens. Since im sticking by my theory that LJ is DeCosta's guy, I think after next year Harbs and Joe are gone so DeCosta can bring in his on HC and really put his stamp on the team.
    Well, I agree with you, but time will see what will happen

Everyone is making so many great points...I guess trading Harbaugh doesn't sound like such a crazy idea anymore

So, lets kill 2 birds with one stone and cripple one of our divisional rivals while we're at it...send Harbaugh to Cleveland for a 1st round pick and set them back a year. Maybe have them throw in Jabril Peppers just for the hell of it...Now, I know what most of you are thinking, Uncle Ben, why does Jennifer Lopez look so GOD DAM juicy all the time??...and honestly, I don't know. But Harbaugh does only have 1 year left on his contract. So, he could always just resign and sit the year out. When 2020 comes knocking he'll be first in line to take any job he wants. But there's a way around that We have to go straight gangster on his ass!! And if there's anyone in the Ravens brass capable of going straight gangster on his ass it's this guy:

Steve Corleone

So, here's what we do. We go for the throat and EXTEND Harbaugh!! Get his guard down...loosen him up. Let him think it's safe. Then after he signs the dotted line and everyone is drunk on high fives, we pick up the phone and call Jimmy Haslam, "It's Done". Here's the kicker, we don't let harbaugh know right away. Instead, we pack up his entire office when he's home asleep dreaming of new option plays to break Lamar Jackson in, and ship it off to Cleveland. Send Mink and Downing up there to unpack it on the Browns centerfield logo. Take a polaroid picture and leave it in his empty office space. When he walks in the next morning, sees the picture and asks what's going on, we hand him a box of memories and 1 way train ticket out of town. It's been real bruh, but you got to get the fuck out.

"But I don't understand"

Yeah, that seems to be the problem lately, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Uncle Ben's Rice; 11-11-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I would like to use this tiny purple print to raise awareness of sarcasm. Thank you