Optomistic thread

I know we should be 6-3 right now but we are not so lets take a look at how we can still get back in this thing.
    • We are on our bye so these dumb coaches can take a look at what's working and what's not working
    • The bengles are playing the best team in football without AJ Green (our real competition for wildcard imo)
    • OBJ is playing awesome and he better stay at RT
    • Line will be close to 100%
    • We go back to the tight ends that Joe has historically loved targeting (Hey Marty the middle of the field is open)
    • This is on the coaches but I hope Ty completely replaces Buck as the pass catching back (God why can't we have these James White type backs)

Re: Optomistic thread

WARNING!! Do not be too optimistic, hopeful or positive. The creepy things that crawl on this website will come for you! They will try to suck the fun out of you. They will try to erode at your joy until you become one of them. They feed off your optimism and spew non-objective reality back at you. The only way to defeat them is with logic and rationality and good vibes. Subliminal optimism is how we will slowly retrain them to think like winners. It won't happen over night but the cause is worth fighting for.

Also, something about too many facts that causes the butt hurt to linger. So, try to keep it lite or they will revert to their usual whiney ways.

With that being said.

-Ravens have had a lonnnnng offseason.
    -Tough fought Training camp.
    -5 preseason games including the Hall of Fame game.
    -They've played 4 divisional rivals in the span of 8 weeks (3 on the road)
    -Played against 2 NFC Playoff bound teams
    -5 of 9 games on the road

This group is tired. Mental fatigued and physical fatigue has taken it's toll and that's been the decisive factor these last few games. So, this was a MUCH needed bye week! A Welcomed break to get away from 4 grueling months of non-stop grind it out football. To get rested and refreshed. This bye week couldn't have come at a more opportune time!

I think the Ravens are going to refocus and come out sharp against the Bengals with something to prove. One thing I know about a Harbaugh lead team, is he will challenge his men and have them ready to fight through adversity. The 2nd half of the season will be our best football.

Lamar is going to get more opportunities to shine and I think Flacco will bounce back and become reinvigorated now that Lamar is officially breathing down his neck. This will be good for us in the end. We will come out of this bye week hungry and ready to win.

Also, we've officially fallen off the National Media hype train which means we're finally going to start playing great again!

-Oline should be back to form
    -Marlon should be ready to return soon
    -Dixon could be activated soon

Beat the Bengals and we're 5-5, only 1 game back of the playoffs with 6 games in front of us. 4 at home.

I liked what I saw from Eluemunor at LT. I want to see him be in the mix for LG this last half of the season and into next season. Looking into the future Eluemunor and Hurst would bring some athletic ability to the G position for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's Rice View Post
    WARNING!! Do not be too optimistic, hopeful or positive. The creepy things that crawl on this website will come for you! They will try to suck the fun out of you. They will try to erode at your joy until you become one of them. They feed off your optimism and spew non-objective reality back at you. The only way to defeat them is with logic and rationality and good vibes. Subliminal optimism is how we will slowly retrain them to think like winners. It won't happen over night but the cause is worth fighting for.

Also, something about too many facts that causes the butt hurt to linger. So, try to keep it lite or they will revert to their usual whiney ways.

With that being said.

-Ravens have had a lonnnnng offseason.
    -Tough fought Training camp.
    -5 preseason games including the Hall of Fame game.
    -They've played 4 divisional rivals in the span of 8 weeks (3 on the road)
    -Played against 2 NFC Playoff bound teams
    -5 of 9 games on the road

This group is tired. Mental fatigued and physical fatigue has taken it's toll and that's been the decisive factor these last few games. So, this was a MUCH needed bye week! A Welcomed break to get away from 4 grueling months of non-stop grind it out football. To get rested and refreshed. This bye week couldn't have come at a more opportune time!

I think the Ravens are going to refocus and come out sharp against the Bengals with something to prove. One thing I know about a Harbaugh lead team, is he will challenge his men and have them ready to fight through adversity. The 2nd half of the season will be our best football.

Lamar is going to get more opportunities to shine and I think Flacco will bounce back and become reinvigorated now that Lamar is officially breathing down his neck. This will be good for us in the end. We will come out of this bye week hungry and ready to win.

Also, we've officially fallen off the National Media hype train which means we're finally going to start playing great again!

-Oline should be back to form
    -Marlon should be ready to return soon
    -Dixon could be activated soon

Beat the Bengals and we're 5-5, only 1 game back of the playoffs with 6 games in front of us. 4 at home.
    It's playoffs or bust for this team, they need to rise up and prove the pundit's wrong including a lot of poster's on this board. The schedule seems daunting with KC ATL & SD still in the wings, but if you are playoff caliber team you need at least pull a 6-1 or 5-2 down the stretch. The mentality for this team for the remaining schedule has to be like this " You go in screaming like a banshee and say, ‘Where’s the son of a bitch?’ (Maybe Harbaugh will let Billick give a motivating speech)This team has the talent to do it, but do they have the will & desire to do it. It all start's Sunday against the Bengal's, we will know very quickly if this team has the desire, if they look lack luster out of the gate the season will be over (at least post season aspirations) and the team will have a totally different look in 2019 good or bad.

By far the biggest reason to be optimistic is that the OL should be fully healthy when we come out of the bye. There is nothing that can provide a more immediate boost to this team than improved play on the OL.

The only problem with that is who are the best 5? Stanley and Yanda are a given. To me, Orlando Brown Jr. has won the starting RT job. He's already solid and will only continue to get better, and I think he opens up the possibility of needing less chip blocks on the right than Hurst needed, so more guys can get out in routes. Moving Hurst inside to LG will also strengthen that position and put Hurst in a more natural role.

Center is a big concern for me. Skura has been up and down this season but I just don't feel he offers enough at the position--can Bozeman be an upgrade? Even worst case scenario, it's not a bad problem to have. I think they have the chance of a strong starting 5 with 3 solid backups in Eleumenor, Bozeman, and Lewis.