Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

If John Harbaugh had simply replaced the QB years ago, what would be different now?

Somebody needs to explain this to me. If the Ravens never gave Flacco an extension and Harbaugh replaced him with another QB years ago, with everything else surrounding the situation being the same, what would have honestly been different?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: If John Harbaugh had simply replaced the QB years ago, what would be different now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Somebody needs to explain this to me. If the Ravens never gave Flacco an extension and Harbaugh replaced him with another QB years ago, with everything else surrounding the situation being the same, what would have honestly been different?
    That depends on so many factors, namely who the QB they got instead was.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Re: If John Harbaugh had simply replaced the QB years ago, what would be different now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    That depends on so many factors,
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, interesting.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Hmmmmmmmmmm, interesting.
    Well I guess if they made all the decisions exactly the same, which I doubt because the new QB would probably change the strategy, then it would depend on one factor: Who the QB is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Well I guess if they made all the decisions exactly the same, which I doubt because the new QB would probably change the strategy, then it would depend on one factor: Who the QB is.
    Would the new QB really change the strategy? Just asking for discussion.

Would the new QB really change the strategy? Just asking for discussion.
    I think so. There's an argument to be made that if we got a great QB then maybe the team wouldn't have gone through so many OCs. We probably would've finished with different records which means we'd draft different players as well. It just affects a ton.

I'd say, overall, not much would be different.

With a new QB (especially a first round QB), it is a total crap shoot. Look around the league. So I can't say how it would have been different.

But to me, staying with Flacco is not Harbaugh's biggest fault. It was his choice of coordinators these last 3 seasons that will be his undoing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    With a new QB (especially a first round QB), it is a total crap shoot. Look around the league. So I can't say how it would have been different.

But to me, staying with Flacco is not Harbaugh's biggest fault. It was his choice of coordinators these last 3 seasons that will be his undoing.
    With the exception of Kubiak none of them seem willing or capable to adapt the scheme to the players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    With the exception of Kubiak none of them seem willing or capable to adapt the scheme to the players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    its infuriating, even worse they cant even draft players for one system because they have no system to fit players into
    Burn it down

Nothing. We were missing in the draft starting in 2010. There were not enough young players to replace the veterans so this line Webb got extension after extension to make cap room. The problem wasn't Flaccos money, there was a ton of dead cap space in general and not enough young contributors so we couldn't let guys walk. Getting Steve Smith for 3 years and 5 million dollar contract was a steal, but it just shows that we didn't have the money back then to fill holes with top dollar options. Forsett was a discount option that year too.

I think this year we finally got the roster right, and I'm generalizing, with lots of starters in rookie contracts in the positions we draft well, and FA wide receiver. Sure, I'd swap a few linebackers drafted for some linemen, but overall I think the roster has gone in ther right direction.

We've had bad OC and DC that i don't think any QB could have won with. Except Kubiak, who made Flacco look great and got us to the playoffs. That season stands as the outlier that proves, to me, our problem is coaching and no QB fixes that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Despite changing coordinators, the offense has more or less remained the same boring offense. There's no guarantee that the QB they pick will better than Joe. Given the recent draft history, the QB situation could be much worse. Plus, the Ravens would have needed to trade up or really tank to have a chance at a QB like Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, etc. It's entirely possible that the Ravens could have a new head coach and front office. Hypothetically speaking.