Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Kyler Murray

Anybody been watching him this year with the Sooners? I expect him to play one more year and probably end up a 1st rounder for 2020.

He's a little smaller than Wilson but is faster and primarily looks to throw the ball like Wilson does, with his legs as an extra weapon that he resorts to when needed

You can see from the video that he passes the ball far more than he looks to run.

And no this is not a "let's get em" thread, just player evaluation for the fun of it.
    Last edited by Culex; 11-10-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Kyler Murray

I thought he cut a deal where he plays baseball for the A's next year

He got drafted in the top 10 of this years MLB draft. Hes 1 and done pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought he cut a deal where he plays baseball for the A's next year
    Yes but that was back in June.

He's a full-time starter now and is a Heisman candidate. Someone is gonna tell him to go play football, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Anybody been watching him this year with the Sooners? I expect him to play one more year and probably end up a 1st rounder for 2020.

He's a little smaller than Wilson but is faster and primarily looks to throw the ball like Wilson does, with his legs as an extra weapon that he resorts to when needed

You can see from the video that he passes the ball far more than he looks to run.

And no this is not a "let's get em" thread, just player evaluation for the fun of it.
    Coolman, by 2020 LJ will be leading the Ravens and we will be happy he did/does. Our team will not have to be looking at QB for the next 10 years... Bc

Heres what Kiper thinks:

Kiper: Murray is one of the best dual-threat college quarterbacks I've ever seen. He just has rare athleticism, and there's a reason he was once one of the most sought-after recruits in the country. But Murray is so much more than a runner. He goes through progressions as a passer, he has a quick release, and the ball jumps out of his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Coolman, by 2020 LJ will be leading the Ravens and we will be happy he did/does. Our team will not have to be looking at QB for the next 10 years... Bc
    This is not that kind of thread; I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought of him.

Blog Entries

This is not that kind of thread; I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought of him.
    OK, sorry if I misinterpreted, but now you know my feelings... Bc

Blog Entries

Yes but that was back in June.

He's a full-time starter now and is a Heisman candidate. Someone is gonna tell him to go play football, I think.
    He was a top 10 MLB draft pick. He'd have to get picked pretty high to match money he's getting for that. That's a pretty big risk to give that up for a long shot as a NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    He got drafted in the top 10 of this years MLB draft. Hes 1 and done pretty much.
    On the contrary,

Dari Nowkhah

@ESPNDari
    Just now on Dari and Mel on @ESPNRadio, @McShay13 saying he's heard that Kyler Murray is not a lock to play baseball after this season. He will sit with his family after the season and assess. #Boomer!

After a season like the one hes having so far, you've gotta think hes going to re-consider staying football now that so much has changed regarding his football collegiate career compared to not even being a starter when he was drafted.

I hope he picks football, would be an exciting player to watch somewhere so long as it's not against us twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He was a top 10 MLB draft pick. He'd have to get picked pretty high to match money he's getting for that. That's a pretty big risk to give that up for a long shot as a NFL QB.
    Maybe not based on what Kiper thinks of him, hes probably going to give him first round grades.

I say this as I'm watching him make Oklahoma state look silly for the entire first half racking up 300 total yards! The 2nd half should be exciting.

Blog Entries

Maybe not based on what Kiper thinks of him, hes probably going to give him first round grades.

I say this as I'm watching him make Oklahoma state look silly for the entire first half racking up 300 total yards! The 2nd half should be exciting.
    I don't see it. He's a short guy who looks so far behind Lamar Jackson to me. It's always tough though to predict QBs. I never thought of Mitch Trubisky as a 1st round pick when he played and then he's the top QB in the draft taken #2 overall. We'll see what happens