Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London calling

London calling

Did you see this in Filmstudy's latest post?

Eluemunor has now played 75 snaps at LT in Stanley’s absence with an aggregate raw score of .80 (solid B).
    It goes without saying that I regard Film's grades more highly than I do PFF's grades. So:

Who the hell woulda thunk that London would play that well?!?? In emergency start duty at LT?!?! I'm so bewildered by this that I have no idea where to go next. Someone deserves some serious praise here. But I'm so baffled I'm not sure where to start.

Re: London calling

Nah he has sucked. Don't forget his penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Nah he has sucked. Don't forget his penalties.
    He had a rough time sunday
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    He had a rough time sunday
    Are you saying Elumanor did not illuminate? ... Bc

I didn't check out the film study, but London didn't pass the eyeball test.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Don't forget his penalties.
    Film didn't, the penalties are included in the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    London didn't pass the eyeball test.
    Then I would have to ask if that test is too strict? He doesn't have to look like a Pro Bowler. This is a replacement-level guy who was on the practice squad 5 mins ago, forced into emergency starter duty at LT against a decently tough set of pass rushers. Any performance in the "C" range or better has to be considered an accomplishment.

If Zeus Deuce can play, if Stanley & Hurst can come back; that's a decent O-line this year. If Goose Deuce can come back; if Bozeman can play, along with the others; that's an actually-good O-line next year.

Can he play center?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

All that I know is that I can't London Calling out of my head...it's the Clash on continuous loop.

I respect film study's efforts, but I've always thought that what he does and what ESPN qbr does and PFF does is turn opinion into Quantified numbers. Which is admirable but it's still an opinion

Jermaine eluemunor played okay game for how bad I thought he'd get beaten. But giving him a b is very generous and probably a grade the shows the bias of these efforts. It clearly takes into account his level of talent and our expectations. If you looked at that film and the name Ronnie Stanley was attached, no doubt that grade would be a C or D

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I respect film study's efforts, but I've always thought that what he does and what ESPN qbr does and PFF does is turn opinion into Quantified numbers. Which is admirable but it's still an opinion

Jermaine eluemunor played okay game for how bad I thought he'd get beaten. But giving him a b is very generous and probably a grade the shows the bias of these efforts. It clearly takes into account his level of talent and our expectations. If you looked at that film and the name Ronnie Stanley was attached, no doubt that grade would be a C or D
    I think Filmstudy's analysis is a little more scientific than you give him credit for. He knocks off points just the same no matter who you are depending on how many pressures, sacks, or penalties you allow. Specifically good things like drawing penalties earn back points. It's not like the guy just looks at the tape and was like yeah he's pretty good. There's math involved.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Eluemunor's penalties are included in his grade and were the major component of his deductions.

As it happens, I was also surprised by Eluemunor's grade, so I regraded every one of his snaps with the all-22 before posting the original article. One thing I meant to mention in the article, but did not, was that he was bailed out by 2 penalties on which he gave up a sack and a QH. In the first of those cases, it was Tuitt who jumped offsides and beat him for the sack. The second was a QH wiped out by DPI (Q2, 7:12). Those are not scored snaps.

I suggest you look at the all 22 on Game Pass for the multiple angles offered. I think you'll be impressed by how effective Eluemunor was. He didn't give up ground to make up for a lack of quickness and most of the time, he keeps Dupree far from Flacco. There were several plays where Dupree went for speed and Eluemunor pushed him past the depth of Flacco.

If you don't agree, that's fine, but please be specific in terms of the plays you think I got wrong and I'm always happy to review. I include (Q,T) references so you can review the film along with me for this transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Eluemunor's penalties are included in his grade and were the major component of his deductions.

As it happens, I was also surprised by Eluemunor's grade, so I regraded every one of his snaps with the all-22 before posting the original article. One thing I meant to mention in the article, but did not, was that he was bailed out by 2 penalties on which he gave up a sack and a QH. In the first of those cases, it was Tuitt who jumped offsides and beat him for the sack. The second was a QH wiped out by DPI (Q2, 7:12). Those are not scored snaps.

I suggest you look at the all 22 on Game Pass for the multiple angles offered. I think you'll be impressed by how effective Eluemunor was. He didn't give up ground to make up for a lack of quickness and most of the time, he keeps Dupree far from Flacco. There were several plays where Dupree went for speed and Eluemunor pushed him past the depth of Flacco.

If you don't agree, that's fine, but please be specific in terms of the plays you think I got wrong and I'm always happy to review. I include (Q,T) references so you can review the film along with me for this transparency.
    So if the sack and qb hit were counted his score would have been????