Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London calling

Re: London calling

Those 2 plays would have cost him 9 points on 2 extra plays, which would have dropped him to the D-/F border at tackle.

The QH on the DPI flag is the more reasonable of the 2 to remain in his score, because the penalty didn't have anything to do with his failure to pick up the block. That would have been -3 points on 1 extra play, which would be a raw score of .68 adjusted to .70. That's a C- at tackle.

As a point of reference, Brown's raw score for the game was .66, but he had a much better adjustment (.07) for his highlight blocks and the fact he didn't lose a portion of his adjustment like Loomy did by allowing Dupree to get up for a portion of the complex sack detailed in the article.

Eluemunor's development at LT has been one of the few positives to take from these last 2 games. He's fooled us before with a fine game last season and proved capable of regression. But if you're looking for a reason to believe the Ravens OL could improve for the remainder of the season or a piece for 2019, he took a step forward in these 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    All that I know is that I can't London Calling out of my head. It's the Clash on continuous loop.
    Yes, I was there too.
    And you know what they said?
    SOME OF IT WAS TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yes, I was there too.
    And you know what they said?
    SOME OF IT WAS TRUE!
    Combat Rock>London Calling

All Day, Er'ry Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Those 2 plays would have cost him 9 points on 2 extra plays, which would have dropped him to the D-/F border at tackle.

The QH on the DPI flag is the more reasonable of the 2 to remain in his score, because the penalty didn't have anything to do with his failure to pick up the block. That would have been -3 points on 1 extra play, which would be a raw score of .68 adjusted to .70. That's a C- at tackle.

As a point of reference, Brown's raw score for the game was .66, but he had a much better adjustment (.07) for his highlight blocks and the fact he didn't lose a portion of his adjustment like Loomy did by allowing Dupree to get up for a portion of the complex sack detailed in the article.

Eluemunor's development at LT has been one of the few positives to take from these last 2 games. He's fooled us before with a fine game last season and proved capable of regression. But if you're looking for a reason to believe the Ravens OL could improve for the remainder of the season or a piece for 2019, he took a step forward in these 2 games.
    So, now people can see why some were not enamored with his play and how he failed in the 'eye test'.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Combat Rock>London Calling
    No.
    (Despite "Straight To Hell".)

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So if the sack and qb hit were counted his score would have been????
    Why would you count a sack when the defender jumped the snap in order to beat him?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Aluminum is the type of OL that will suddenly click in his contract year and then leave for big money. Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So, now people can see why some were not enamored with his play and how he failed in the 'eye test'.
    Absolutely. I also thought originally he had a tough game based on the penalties and the normal inconsistent play we see from him.

As an aside, when I do my regular spot on Monday at 4 PM with Scott Garceau/Jeremy Conn, I haven't done the OL scoring yet. We always do that Monday night after a Sunday game. I dread OL questions then, because they only give me a chance to get whipsawed when I see something different. This week I declined to comment on Eluemunor (fortunately), but I've burned myself before this season when the scoring told me something different from my eyeball review.

Since the very first sports modeling I did in the 1980s, allowing myself to be surprised by the results has been the most fun. In 1984-85 (a couple of modest seasons for the post WC Orioles prior to the hard fall of 1986-88), the fun surprise was Wayne Gross bashing the ball in day games. In 2008, it was Jared Gaither's breakout game against Mario Williams. Eluemunor has 80 snaps of solid play at LT. In the grand scheme of things, that's not much, but it's a little something to be hopeful about from these last 2 weeks of miserable football.