Crabtree vs. Crabtree

I'm stuck at the mechanic so I thought about the fact that Michael Crabtree has scored more TD's as a visitor in M&T bank stadium than as a Raven. I kept going and started comparing his stats.

As a Raven his stats are

41 Rec
    472 Yards
    2 TD's in 9 games

Against the Ravens he had:
    33 Rec
    444 yards
    6 TD's in 5 games

I'm not trying to trash him. Just kind of thinking that he's had more success against us than with us.

Re: Crabtree vs. Crabtree

Says a lot more about our offensive and defensive systems than it does about Crabtree as a player.

At this point in his career he's an average to above average possession receiver. Against our defense he dominates, especially in the redzone. With our offense he's underwhelming.

Crabtree is getting old and becoming less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Says a lot more about our offensive and defensive systems than it does about Crabtree as a player.

At this point in his career he's an average to above average possession receiver. Against our defense he dominates, especially in the redzone. With our offense he's underwhelming.
    Crabtree is older, a little slower, but his game is build on his route running and the streaky hands. Either he catches literally everything or nothing.

Against Peesvent Defense he feasts... Defenders play off him (for no reason, he wont blow by you) and he simply dominates with his route running.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    I see your points and what you're trying to go for here, but I just don't think you're seeing the overall picture beyond how dumb this coaching regime is/has been for a long time. I think you're failing to realize that Crabtree is getting up there in age a bit for a receiver, so he inevitably will slow down. If you wanted to go with the offensive/defensive system comparisons, some (not myself) might also counter attack that and say that Smith/Carr are/were better QBs than Flacco is right now
    crab also played with Kaep who flat out sucked at throwing the ball, all he could do was throw 90 mph fast balls
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    I'm stuck at the mechanic so I thought about the fact that Michael Crabtree has scored more TD's as a visitor in M&T bank stadium than as a Raven. I kept going and started comparing his stats.

As a Raven his stats are

41 Rec
    472 Yards
    2 TD's in 9 games

Against the Ravens he had:
    33 Rec
    444 yards
    6 TD's in 5 games

I'm not trying to trash him. Just kind of thinking that he's had more success against us than with us.
    Age is definitely a big factor. In terms of TDs, targets in the endzone/redzone need to be included. He's not getting as many targets in the endzone as I'm sure many thought he would get. He did drop one and missed another off a bad pass, but how many has he gotten as a Ravens. Then the defenses he has played against also matters. A 2015, coming off a lisfranc, Jimmy Smith gave up 2 or 3 of those TDs, I think. Shareece Wright gave up 3 more the next year (unless my memory isn't up to par).

This isn't something that can be compared evenly imo