Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is the Lamar Jackson Package causing friction in the locker room?

Not Lamar Jackson himself, but the back and forth at QB it has created. I'm just asking in an objective manner. Lamar Jackson comes off as a good guy. Does anyone think that part of the friction between the players and coaches, and the friction amongst the coaches, has to do with disagreement over the Lamar Jackson Package?
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-08-2018 at 08:03 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Is the Lamar Jackson Package causing friction in the locker room?

Nah. I think that’s something that is fans want to believe.
    The coaching staff has a job to do. That is to win football games. Play the players that set us up to do that.
    Now Harbage has never done that in his 11 yr stint. He treats rookies like “freshmen “ in college. They might be the best player avail...but he’s not unseating a Vet for a Rook. Not until and injury or he’s “forced “ to. Look at all the Defense guys that were made to play Spec teams for yrs. guys like McPhee and Kuger never played teams in college. They were pure Pass Rushers. Why change them. ??? Play them and let them eat! Same as Bowser or Williams now.
    In his most recent interview Urban said that while Lamar has made huge improvements...he still needs a lot of work “passing from the pocket”.
    That tells me that this staff doesn’t really want a “mobile “ QB. They want a talented guy who can run if needed but that runs the game from the pocket like MaHommes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there should be a commitment to Lamar's development as a QB. He's a unique talent and the wrong coaching can end up doing harm to his development.

LOOLOLOLOLOlolololol

Yes because Joe doesn't like it, and Joe, like it or not is the franchise at this point, but he absolutely sucks. He's never going to be anything but what he is and that's a guy who doesn't want any "gimmick" "high school" plays taking the ball out of his hands. He can say all he wants about Lamar being the 5th option on that play last week. Once he came across the formation and no one was covering him, a QB that is counting north of $25million against the cap has GOT to be able to make that read, pre-snap, and make that receiver the number 1 option on that particular play. So in my estimation, Joe being the ipso-facto leader of this team, and not liking the plays designed for Lamar is one HUGE factor in the division in the locker room.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Yes because Joe doesn't like it, and Joe, like it or not is the franchise at this point, but he absolutely sucks. He's never going to be anything but what he is and that's a guy who doesn't want any "gimmick" "high school" plays taking the ball out of his hands. He can say all he wants about Lamar being the 5th option on that play last week. Once he came across the formation and no one was covering him, a QB that is counting north of $25million against the cap has GOT to be able to make that read, pre-snap, and make that receiver the number 1 option on that particular play. So in my estimation, Joe being the ipso-facto leader of this team, and not liking the plays designed for Lamar is one HUGE factor in the division in the locker room.
    At this point, fuck Flacco.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

You would think that the white players would be long since accustomed to other groups of players having bigger packages than them. I mean, they played for years in high school and college, long before getting to the NFL. I can't see how Lamar's package would cause more friction than, say, CJ Mosley's or Matthew Judon's.

(Too soon?)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You would think that the white players would be long since accustomed to other groups of players having bigger packages than them. I mean, they played for years in high school and college, long before getting to the NFL. I can't see how Lamar's package would cause more friction than, say, CJ Mosley's or Matthew Judon's.

(Too soon?)
    I see what you did there. Bravo Sir!

Fuck Joe
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Didn’t know joe had the Lamar Jackson problem for all of his career. #fuckjoe

Seriously, the question had zero to do specifically with Flacco and here come the eff Joe crowd like he said something about it. smdh Since it changes things for a lot of different players, if there was friction, it wouldn't necessarily come from Flacco.

Is there friction in the locker room? Haven't seen or heard anything that would make me come to that conclusion right now. And if there is, it could be so many other reasons for it other than the LJ packages.

Losing causes friction.

I don’t think a handful of plays Lamar Jackson runs is causing friction.

I think a lack of innovative coaching, a lack of any sort of adjustments, and a sustained systemic failure to build a coherent team with a coherent vision is what is causing friction.

People don’t like being set up to fail.