Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What is everybody's thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    just an fyi its often cheaper now to go to universities in Germany et al for US citizens.

Im just pointing out that the blank statement of "GOVT BAD. COLLEGE BAD. GOVT+COLLEGE BAD" isnt true. Its not that black and white.

Our particular college system is fcked...it is not like this in other countries at all.
    It's more that big government is bad and anything they touch immediately turns to crap. College itself is great for a lot of people, but not worth the time or expense to even more.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    It's more that big government is bad and anything they touch immediately turns to crap. College itself is great for a lot of people, but not worth the time or expense to even more.
    While I agree 100 % that college isn’t for everyone....that’s what we’ve taught our children. Or atleast what we’ve allowed to be taught to our children. They’ve all but done away with any kind of “technical “ schooling in High School. I’m in the school of thought like the great Judge Smails “ the world needs ditch diggers too”.
    I think the “trend “ of our kids thinking only college is the way has also opened the door to increased Illegal Immigrants. Someone has to do the manual labor jobs and well .. done Capitalist want the most work for the lowest price. Quantity over Quality. But that’s a different thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just an fyi its often cheaper now to go to universities in Germany et al for US citizens.

Im just pointing out that the blank statement of "GOVT BAD. COLLEGE BAD. GOVT+COLLEGE BAD" isnt true. Its not that black and white.

Our particular college system is fcked...it is not like this in other countries at all.
    And I'd wager their income tax structure is a tad bit different too. It comes down to what you are conditioned for.

Americans historically have been used to keeping more of their income and fending for themselves. The Democrats have successfully conditioned a large chunk 9ver time to expect the government to do more, and willing to hand over control and their earnings (generally, someone else's earnings) to get what they want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another FYI

If you are a veteran and have the GI Bill. You can find a sister school of a US based school in another counrty, ie like a branch of UCLA and they will pay $1,650 as your monthly housing allowance. So if you find a school say in the Philipines or Thailand with a low exchange rate, you can live abroad and live like a king.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I agree 100 % that college isn’t for everyone....that’s what we’ve taught our children. Or atleast what we’ve allowed to be taught to our children. They’ve all but done away with any kind of “technical “ schooling in High School. I’m in the school of thought like the great Judge Smails “ the world needs ditch diggers too”.
    I think the “trend “ of our kids thinking only college is the way has also opened the door to increased Illegal Immigrants. Someone has to do the manual labor jobs and well .. done Capitalist want the most work for the lowest price. Quantity over Quality. But that’s a different thread.

While I am uniquely suited for academia. Picking apart the subtle meanings behind a singular line from an obscure medieval poem is simple. Me doing anything mechanical, on the other hand, is akin to watching a monkey with a power tool. It turns on, I proceed to drop it and speedily ascend to the nearest high point while simultaneously screeching and shitting myself.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    While I am uniquely suited for academia. Picking apart the subtle meanings behind a singular line from an obscure medieval poem is simple. Me doing anything mechanical, on the other hand, is akin to watching a monkey with a power tool. It turns on, I proceed to drop it and speedily ascend to the nearest high point while simultaneously screeching and shitting myself.
    Now that’s funny. But....atleast you know yourself. A great man once said “ a man has got to know his limitations “.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    This guy in the gym said he is hoping for Bernie Sanders to run next term. He stated the reason why he wants him to run again is he said he wants Free College and Free Healthcare. This guy is 19 years old. He says referring to Trump calling him Captain Crunch that he doesn't like how he wants to get rid of Food stamps. Needless to say when he said that about 6 other people flipped out and he really got hammered in a debate especially when it was 6 on 1. It was hilarious. Man was everyone pissed when he said that though LOL. The gym was awful as far as fighting over Politics goes before the last Presidential Election. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in 2020.
    This guy needs to understand there is no such thing as "free college" or "free healthcare". Somebody is paying for it. Besides, paying for it yourself is incentive to take it seriously and not make a lifetime of majoring in basket weaving or some ridiculous subject.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Actually as much as I hate to say it he might have beaten Trump. I think Trump has a shot to win the 2nd time around if he doesn't get impeached. The first time I didn't think he had a prayer to beat Hillary.

Impeached for what? Dems can't impeach for reasons of "butthurt" and "I don't like him".