Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Ravens need a change in philosophy ASAP

The biggest problem with the Ravens is that as a organization they are stuck in the past

They keep trying to build this big physical team when the league is actively trying to take the physicality out of the game

It seems like everyone has gotten the memo that this is a offensive league now except the Ravens

All of the top teams(Pats,Chiefs,Saints,Rams,Steelers) in the league have bad defenses but they still win because they spend most of their resources on offense

If the Ravens want to get back to winning the need a philosophy change starting at the top

That means no more paying run stopping DTs 12 mill per while you let your starting Center walk out the door.No more drafting dlineman in top 100 with good WRs,RBs,and offensive linemen still on the board.No more spending all of our free agent money on guys like Weddle and Jefferson

That change needs to start this offseason by NOT paying CJ Mosley.

In todays NFL the only defensive players I’d pay are CBs and pass rushers.Every other defensive position should be devalued unless they’re a generational talent which Mosley is not

They need to dump Jimmys contract,franchise & trade Mosley,cut Weddle and Jefferson,and spend all of that money on the offense.

As long as they keep trying to build a defensive team we’re gonna be mediocre because they league is not set up for defenses to thrive anymore.Yeah we’ll beat the bad teams but we’ll continue to struggle against the good until we realize its a offensive league now and start building the team that way

I could go on for days but thats all I feel like typing right now

How do you guys feel about it?Agree or disagree?

Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens need a change in philosophy ASAP

The Ravens get their NFL updates like so :

Gotta feed that bird or he's off his route... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    The biggest problem with the Ravens is that as a organization they are stuck in the past

They keep trying to build this big physical team when the league is actively trying to take the physicality out of the game

It seems like everyone has gotten the memo that this is a offensive league now except the Ravens

All of the top teams(Pats,Chiefs,Saints,Rams,Steelers) in the league have bad defenses but they still win because they spend most of their resources on offense

If the Ravens want to get back to winning the need a philosophy change starting at the top

That means no more paying run stopping DTs 12 mill per while you let your starting Center walk out the door.No more drafting dlineman in top 100 with good WRs,RBs,and offensive linemen still on the board.No more spending all of our free agent money on guys like Weddle and Jefferson

That change needs to start this offseason by NOT paying CJ Mosley.

In todays NFL the only defensive players I’d pay are CBs and pass rushers.Every other defensive position should be devalued unless they’re a generational talent which Mosley is not

They need to dump Jimmys contract,franchise & trade Mosley,cut Weddle and Jefferson,and spend all of that money on the offense.

As long as they keep trying to build a defensive team we’re gonna be mediocre because they league is not set up for defenses to thrive anymore.Yeah we’ll beat the bad teams but we’ll continue to struggle against the good until we realize its a offensive league now and start building the team that way

I could go on for days but thats all I feel like typing right now

How do you guys feel about it?Agree or disagree?
    Team speed. This has to be the slowest team in the nfl. Offense and defense. Especially defense. I've never see so many opposing players break angles where another team makes the tackle. Besides Brown our receivers are what you call possession receivers. Teams have figured us out. Double cover Brown. Man on the other receivers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've said it before, it is going to be very interesting to see who Eric DeCosta really is. We will know pretty quickly if he is another Ozzie or a new sheriff in town.

Is EDC a big believer in investing in OL? In speed? In proven playmakers? Or will he load up the DL, draft projects in the 2nd round and stockpile picks so he can draft unknowns out of East Tempe State College.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I've said it before, it is going to be very interesting to see who Eric DeCosta really is. We will know pretty quickly if he is another Ozzie or a new sheriff in town.

Is EDC a big believer in investing in OL? In speed? In proven playmakers? Or will he load up the DL, draft projects in the 2nd round and stockpile picks so he can draft unknowns out of East Tempe State College.
    The "Ozzie & Harbaugh Effect" will be under scrutiny as soon as the season ends. Harbaugh will be eliminated so his effect will be gone. That leaves the "Ozzie Effect" and as you say .....we'll know fair quickly as to whether or not that lives on in Decosta or if a philosophical change is taking place. Not doing so could have a huge affect regarding more fans disguised as seat backs next season.The more educated fan such as majority of the people that frequent sites like this and/or season ticket holders know full well that shit needs to change as far as the approach taken to the game starting with talent evaluation, roster building and finally coaching philosophy. I think the drafting of Lamar Jackson is a clear sign that the front office thinks a new direction and way of doing things is in order. Remains to be seen if that direction is expanded upon but not doing so could and probably will have huge ramifications aside from just the stagnant win/loss records.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I keep hearing from those in the know (Tlombardi, Jason LaCanfora, etc) that Decosta is going to put his own stamp on this team. Won't be like Ozzie. We'll see.

Blog Entries

Been saying it for a half dozen years. Longer actually. Preaching to the choir.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I keep hearing from those in the know (Tlombardi, Jason LaCanfora, etc) that Decosta is going to put his own stamp on this team. Won't be like Ozzie. We'll see.
    I think he did that with LJ. Being aggressive, trading back in. X and i were talking about it couple days ago in a thread, cant keep track, theres been conflicting report. We dont know who DeCosta is, but i think he will be more opposite of Oz than like him. I dont care if im right or wrong, i just want the team to be right.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

The sad thing is most of the fan base has been saying this stuff for years. The Jaguars are example #1 of how unsustainable trying to build a defensive oriented team is. You may have that one really good year where everything falls into place, you may even win the SB like the Broncos did recently, but you aren't going to go on a sustained run of successful seasons trying to do it defense first. It's just not the way the game is today.

And even then, if you insist on trying to do it defense first, as OP said, you need the pass rushers and the defensive backs. You need the Von Miller, the Richard Sherman, the Michael Bennett. What you don't need is to be paying a 2 down tackle 52M.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Been saying it for a half dozen years. Longer actually. Preaching to the choir.
    agreed
    Burn it down

They've built the team to have success in playoffs. Cold weather, wind,. Defense and running game 'travel'. There is some merit to that as Joe has been pretty good on the road in the playoffs. Of course, it does you no good if you can't get in the playoffs because of the all the rules changes and enforcement to make offense easier.
    Last edited by blah3; 11-08-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    They've built the team to have success in playoffs. Cold weather, wind,. Defense and running game 'travel'. There is some merit to that as Joe has been pretty good on the road in the playoffs. Of course, it does you know good if you can't get in the playoffs because of the all the rules changes and enforcement to make offense easier.
    you can still "pound the rock and play defense" in the NFL.... You just have to realize instead of winning 17-10.... It needs to be 30ish - 20ish.... The rams are a good example of this.

each year the score on the superbowl creeps up unless you have a complete blowout
    Burn it down