Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I'm nervous about this election

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id agree with that personally, but I dont think thats the consensus. He was the 2nd choice for president for the party. Hes popular among republicans. Thats like saying Pelosi is unlikable, doesnt change the fact that the base seems to vote for her.

No doubt about the money, but i wouldnt have thought it would have had an effect on Texans, especially. Cruz and Trump have aligned plenty since the election, and he campaigned for him, so a close race is still surprising in that red state, to me.
    Each election cycle the gap get smaller and smaller. How many election cycles will it take before those Texas electorial votes switch? People dont discuss this, but if texas ever became blue, that would blow up the electorial college. With CA, NY, and TX, it would be impossible for the GOP to win. Hence one of the unspoken reasons why the heavy push for border enforcement. 2% is close.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Each election cycle the gap get smaller and smaller. How many election cycles will it take before those Texas electorial votes switch? People dont discuss this, but if texas ever became blue, that would blow up the electorial college. With CA, NY, and TX, it would be impossible for the GOP to win. Hence one of the unspoken reasons why the heavy push for border enforcement. 2% is close.

Those who want to hope this country is going to the left, can try to look for a silver lining in this race. But at the end of the day, look at the Governors race, Texas is solidly red.

This is Senate race was more about Cruz vs. O'Rouke than it was R vs D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    2 years from now Is the presidential election again. I doubt Trump gets reelected. The reason why I say that is people in this country are mostly Liberal and want it that way.
    I think Trump gets reelected. Obama lost the House two years after being elected and he won reelection. One party can't hold total control forever. The candidates Trump campaigned for all won, not so much Obama, and The economy is booming and the job market looks great. Unless something happens in the next 2 years Americans will vote with their wallet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The base votes for the party regardless. That's the point.

It's outside of that, that we are talking about. And outside of that Cruz is not likable. If he was, I bet he'd have been the nominee over Trump.
    Are you saying swing voters that typically vote republican voted democrat?

I think youre missing the part about why i found it surprising, because thats what im talking about. i didnt think there was enough liberal/swing voters to overcome that conservative base in texas. Cruz won texas in the 2016 primary, hes more popular there than Trump is. Trump still won by more than 10% in the general. Now Cruz only won by 2%. I just find that interesting, and out of the ordinary. Do you disagree?
    -JAB

You guys see Marijuana became Legal in Michigan. A lot of folks are celebrating. I was just reading all their Facebook posts.

Those who want to hope this country is going to the left, can try to look for a silver lining in this race. But at the end of the day, look at the Governors race, Texas is solidly red.

Good point about the govenors race

Blog Entries

Are you saying swing voters that typically vote republican voted democrat?
    Well comparing the Governors race to the Senate race, there was crossover. Does not necessarily mean they were swing voters.

I think youre missing the part about why i found it surprising, because thats what im talking about. i didnt think there was enough liberal/swing voters to overcome that conservative base in texas. Cruz won texas in the 2016 primary, hes more popular there than Trump is. Trump still won by more than 10% in the general. Now Cruz only won by 2%.
    Yes, he was more popular in Texas than Trump was. I'm not sure I would is, because he needed Trump to help him close the deal.

But he didn't win nationwide. And as a fan of his views etc. I can tell you personally he's not likable. He's a huge douche.

I just find that interesting, and out of the ordinary. Do you disagree?
    Depends on how you look at it. If you look at it as an individual race, no I don't

Anyone know how many of the House flips to Democrats were in district where the Republican retired and there was no incumbent candidate? I believe the R's had a significant number of retirees.

Silver linings:

McConnell can continue to stack the courts with conservative judges.

With moderate democrats like Manchin, Jones, the GOP is closer to 60 vote threshhold

The Dems can provide needed oversight over the administration that was currently missing

Fingers crossed, Trump will work with the house to start passing bipartisan laws; hence Trump forcing senate to to comply.

Dems picked up some governorships that can fix some if these gerrymandered districts in 2020

Negative:

Steve King still in congress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Silver linings:

McConnell can continue to stack the courts with conservative judges.

With moderate democrats like Manchin, Jones, the GOP is closer to 60 vote threshhold

The Dems can provide needed oversight over the administration that was currently missing

Fingers crossed, Trump will work with the house to start passing bipartisan laws; hence Trump forcing senate to to comply.

Dems picked up some governorships that can fix some if these gerrymandered districts in 2020

Negative:

Steve King still in congress.

I have a hard time thinking anyone wants to work together in congress...

What's everybody's predictions for the presidential election?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    What's everybody's predictions for the presidential election?
    Trump wins.