View Poll Results: Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 9.09%
  • No

30 90.91%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    I don't see a huge benefit to trading for Carr if you're not going to prioritize improving the offensive line. To date, the Ravens have not shown that they are of that mindset.
    Theoretically couldnt the do both all the while having six more years to do it since Carrs much younger?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I don't know. Carr is still putting up 71% completion percentage this season despite being sacked 34 times in 6 games. He does have 4 more interceptions than Joe but that's what happens when your entire o-line is riddled with injuries and you're getting slapped around like a punching bag. Now consider this, Joe Flacco is only throwing 61% completion despite our O-line being 8th in fewest sacks allowed and 8th in fewest QB hits allowed ...with a revamped receiver corp that has 3 of the top 50 WR in total receiving yards :/

I remember thinking back in 2015 and 16 when Carr was ripping our defense a new one, yeah this dude is going to be the future. Now he's stuck behind a trash O-line with Gruden messing with his head. Can't really put the blame on him for the crap start he's having especially with the way Oakland has turned into a hot dumpster fire. I still think he's more capable of carrying a team to a win than Joe is at this point and that's all that matters in my book.

Everyone thinks Lamar was drafted to be our future QB but maybe they drafted him to be exactly what he is now? A slashy, gimmicky backup they plan on converting into some kind of new hybrid QB position. What kind of franchise drafts their "future QB" in round 1 and then jeopardizes his health by slamming him into linebackers 10 times a game like he's a running back?

I think they viewed Lamar as the best playmaker available in round 2 and traded up to utilize him like the next Kordell Stewart. If he starts running routes the LWO better look out...

I don't see a huge benefit to trading for Carr if you're not going to prioritize improving the offensive line. To date, the Ravens have not shown that they are of that mindset.
    I think they choose to put their resources into wrs this off-season given how poor they were last year. That came at the expense of retaining Jensen and/or signing a LG. You can't do it all but so far the offense is much more productive than it was a season ago. Whether they made the right call remains to be seen. But fact is they had 2 starting linemen out yesterday and were a missed xp from going to OT against the 2nd best team in the NFC. We will see if the decision to sign 3 wr and draft 2 Tes costs them. I'm not there yet

4. Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Theoretically couldnt the do both all the while having six more years to do it since Carrs much younger?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    They could. I just feel that if they were going to, they would have started by now. It makes me think back to Kelechi Osemele's comments on his way out. At the time, I think the board generally felt they were unnecessary. However, I always felt there was credence to them.

5. Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I think they choose to put their resources into wrs this off-season given how poor they were last year. That came at the expense of retaining Jensen and/or signing a LG. You can't do it all but so far the offense is much more productive than it was a season ago. Whether they made the right call remains to be seen. But fact is they had 2 starting linemen out yesterday and were a missed xp from going to OT against the 2nd best team in the NFC. We will see if the decision to sign 3 wr and draft 2 Tes costs them. I'm not there yet
    So, you feel they may take the approach of improving the offense in groups, by season, perhaps?

6. Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

So, you feel they may take the approach of improving the offense in groups, by season, perhaps?
    At the very least I'd say our biggest priority this offseason should be oline.

Quote Originally Posted by zevenate View Post
    At the very least I'd say our biggest priority this offseason should be oline.
    And draft a running back.

8. Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    And draft a running back.
    For sure, but either one improves our running game. Imo good oline + average running back corp > bad oline + good running back corp, and you can't bank on getting some kind of transcendental talent at RB that'd be a gamebreaker no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by zevenate View Post
    For sure, but either one improves our running game. Imo good oline + average running back corp > bad oline + good running back corp, and you can't bank on getting some kind of transcendental talent at RB that'd be a gamebreaker no matter what.
    Fixing the line will have the greatest immediate impact to the team's success. No Carr for Flacco either. Get rid of Marty ball!

lol carr sucks.

11. Re: Would You Trade Flacco for Derek Carr?

I'll say this, with the current offense, I don't see Carr making a difference. With last season's offense, I would have expected him to make a marginal difference, because Flacco was playing pretty hurt. Even still, I don't see Carr doing much more with the group of pass catchers the Ravens had last season.

no chance