Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: We can't stack wins

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Speaking of inconsistency, what worries me the most about the Ravens these days (right after critical injuries) is losing their focus and intensity after a win. They did seem to manage to avoid that tendency in Pittsburgh (after the home win over Denver). They had to be extra motivated not to have to deal with Leveon Bell.

Since the Super Bowl, Harbaugh has been a disappointment as a motivator. His success is solely a product of his coaching staff. Like Tomlin in Pittsburgh, his sideline decision-making is poor. Unlike most NFL head coaches, he is not tutored in offensive or defensive stratagem. When Bisciotti finally makes major changes, Harbaugh's departure should be number one on his list - careful to retain as much of his coaching staff as possible.
    Except for Marty. His inexplicable bad brain fart play calling at critical times is infuriating to the God of Common Sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's Rice View Post
    I agree with this^^

When Joe is on point we go on win streaks. When Joe is stuck on baby duty, we go on losing streaks. Simple as that. I think we need to raise a gofundme page to get this man a nanny or something. At least rotate in some fresh babysitters during the weekday to keep this man focused. But truthfully, I don't think Joe gives a damn about football as much as we do. He only seems like he steps up or at least plays like he gives a damn when stakes are at their highest or the critics get overly loud. Even last year when the season was on the line against the Bengals, he came out and had one of his worst performances of the entire season. He's probably just in it for the $$ at this point.

Bottom line: For Tom Brady this is a lifestyle. For Joe Flacco this is a 9-5. If Joe played like losing pisses him off we might be undefeated right now.
    When Joe is on point....the defense is usually right there blowing fourth quarter leads, and Flacco gets blamed for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's Rice View Post
    I agree with this^^

When Joe is on point we go on win streaks. When Joe is stuck on baby duty, we go on losing streaks. Simple as that. I think we need to raise a gofundme page to get this man a nanny or something. At least rotate in some fresh babysitters during the weekday to keep this man focused. But truthfully, I don't think Joe gives a damn about football as much as we do. He only seems like he steps up or at least plays like he gives a damn when stakes are at their highest or the critics get overly loud. Even last year when the season was on the line against the Bengals, he came out and had one of his worst performances of the entire season. He's probably just in it for the $$ at this point.

Bottom line: For Tom Brady this is a lifestyle. For Joe Flacco this is a 9-5. If Joe played like losing pisses him off we might be undefeated right now.
    This is the impression that I get sometimes, that Flacco hates football. He can't completely hate it, because he would never have reached this level. It's likely to be a love-hate relationship. While other players really love the game and have fun playing it, that doesn't appear to be the case with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Since the Super Bowl run, have the Ravens won 4 games in a row? It's frustrating. I believe that this team has more talent than any team since the SB but I don't see us putting together an significant winning streak. That's beyond frustrating. The Saints are a helluva team in the 2018 NFL and its great we played with them but damn when can we begin to stack some wins together.

Players bear some responsibility to dedicate themselves to their craft but its the coaches who game plan and scheme the games. I'll be damned if we haven't done the same thing since the SB. It's always one play or one call. We abandon the run when we are running well. We play soft zone when we were are up in the 4th quarter. We run outside when we don't have backs who have the speed to get the edge. We run a zone scheme when we have power running personnel. Third and eight and our guys run a 5 yard out pattern.

Nothing is going to change until there is some change. We are going to be on the outside looking at the end of the season. I hope that I'm wrong.

Curious as to folk's thought about our inconsistency.
    Since the Super Bowl this has been entirely a Harbaugh Team. They have consistently been average much like Harbaugh himself and I do not see them showing anything different this year as well. They do not play like a bad team but at the same time do not play like a playoff bound team. This is what they are until some changes are made at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Speaking of inconsistency, what worries me the most about the Ravens these days (right after critical injuries) is losing their focus and intensity after a win. They did seem to manage to avoid that tendency in Pittsburgh (after the home win over Denver). They had to be extra motivated not to have to deal with Leveon Bell.

Since the Super Bowl, Harbaugh has been a disappointment as a motivator. His success is solely a product of his coaching staff. Like Tomlin in Pittsburgh, his sideline decision-making is poor. Unlike most NFL head coaches, he is not tutored in offensive or defensive stratagem. When Bisciotti finally makes major changes, Harbaugh's departure should be number one on his list - careful to retain as much of his coaching staff as possible.
    I'm not happy with Harbaugh either and agree with just about everything you said. I do not agree with the retaining the rest of the coaching staff. I'm happy with a lot of the coaches too but you cannot expect any head coach worth a damn to take a job where he can't even hire his own staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    When Joe is on point....the defense is usually right there blowing fourth quarter leads, and Flacco gets blamed for it.
    This.

Flacco isn't inconsistent. He's the same game to game. He's got a strong arm with slightly above average touch and accuracy. He's a tough guy who is willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit. He's more maneuverable than most give him credit for, but he doesn't seem to have that "sixth sense" the greats do when it comes to blindside pressure. He's also overconfident in his arm and ability to get rid of the ball quickly. He's not great at reading defenses. In a lot of ways, he's Vinnie Testaverde without his penchant for choking.

When other parts of the offense are clicking those attributes can make it roll. When they aren't, they don't turn it around.

It hasn't helped that the Ravens switched to a system that values timing, touch, and accuracy over a strong arm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk