Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmstudy

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Filmstudy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The issue is the 'CJ Mosley is terrible' is mostly an emotional reaction to the reality that he's going to get paid a lot of money.

I would say he's a top 15 ILB in the NFL, maybe top 10. He will be paid like a top 3. With that in mind, when he makes a mistake it makes you more emotional in your response.
    Listen to his podcast last week or the previous one. Ken's opinion on Mosley is that there is a breaking point and they should let him walk if he demands above that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Listen to his podcast last week or the previous one. Ken's opinion on Mosley is that there is a breaking point and they should let him walk if he demands above that figure.
    I mean, isn't that true for every player?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What was the breaking point? To me it is in the 8m range. Which is top 7-10 range for ILBs. Can't pay an ILB that is poor in coverage more than that. Part of me also wants the Ravens to let him walk because I feel like they leave him on the field for every play rather than sub him out on obvious passing plays. The Ravens love him for his veteran leadership and ability to get the team lined up pre snap. They over play certain players to a fault. Moseley is that way for me. When it is 3rd and 7 or more yards he should not be on the field. If they pay him I fear they are going to continue to leave him out there for every defensive snap.

I do agree with Great White that it is an emotional reaction. Fans get ultra critical of players when they get paid the big bucks. B Williams was thought highly of until it was time for a new contract.

C.J. is a two down ilb in today’s pass heavy game. His coverage skills are not great. His recognition on pass plays has not improved. He is what he is. A mobile ilb who can fill holes in the running game, who can’t cover bigger TE well and who tackles a lot of runners four or five yards down field. A solo tackle after a fife yard gain is not as important to me as a shared tackle at the line. But stats are what people want to go by. Do six solo tackles down field count more than nine partial tackles at the line.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    I'm sorry, but in today's NFL you need to be at least adequate in coverage to earn top dollar as a LB. He is in no way a top 10 LB with the way the NFL is set up today. He is crap in coverage, his play recognition is sub-par, and even his run stopping above average to solid which does not make up for being crap in coverage

If this team was smart, they would give more playing time to Young to see if he can be a replacement
    There are a lot of ILB's who are crap in coverage which is why you see so much nickel and dime nowadays.

He's definitely a top 10 LB.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1054737468052914177

This is the type of play where he makes the correct play, but doesn't make the tackle so doesn't get credit for him. However, film reviewers notice it.

Watching anything from Michael Crawford and he can show you video proof of CJ being effective.

I Don't want to pay him top dollar, but I'm not going to shit on him either.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Sure, but for future HOF guys you break the bank (like Ray and Ed) even with Ray they offered him more money than any other team would have at the end.

With Mosley Ken is saying that he could be replaced by the right player right price (unlike Ray).

I apologize for not remembering exactly where Ken ranked him.

I asked him a question as to if the Ravens should use young more to see if they might do the 80-20 replacement next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Not if he plays defense for the ravens, then he gets a blank check cuz "muh culture"
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What was the breaking point? To me it is in the 8m range. Which is top 7-10 range for ILBs. Can't pay an ILB that is poor in coverage more than that. Part of me also wants the Ravens to let him walk because I feel like they leave him on the field for every play rather than sub him out on obvious passing plays. The Ravens love him for his veteran leadership and ability to get the team lined up pre snap. They over play certain players to a fault. Moseley is that way for me. When it is 3rd and 7 or more yards he should not be on the field. If they pay him I fear they are going to continue to leave him out there for every defensive snap.

I do agree with Great White that it is an emotional reaction. Fans get ultra critical of players when they get paid the big bucks. B Williams was thought highly of until it was time for a new contract.
    I thought and still think he's a great player but pierce could have replaced him and I've thought his price was too high for a two down player who does not get to the QB with pierce essentially being his cheap replacement. They could have had more money for a WR.

Still not drafting James still has me riled more than any other previous draft pick or contact situation because he was/is a top 3 talent AND a need of the current and future team at an essential game changing position. Ozzie could have gone out drafting another hof safety. Grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Not if he plays defense for the ravens, then he gets a blank check cuz "muh culture"
    Not exactly:
    Arthur Jones
    Corey Graham
    Pernell McPhee
    Courtney Upshaw
    Lawrence Guy
    ANd I will add in the trade of Ngata.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    That isn't how we've built this team at all.

The last 4 years have been incredibly unique. It's the first time I can remember where Ozzie had to go through FA significantly because of multiple high draft busts.

We had a league-wide reputation of letting guys walk on D because they priced themselves out of here (and a lot of them went on to not live up to their contracts elsewhere).
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

[QUOTE=Iamjacks;1541759]Ken is also a retired actuary, if you don't know what an actuary is, look it up. Only super smart people become actuaries. [QUOTE]

Another actuary here, not yet fully retired. Many, not me, are heavy into sports betting and fantasy sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I believe there is a leadership factor that Mosley does bring to the team where a monetary figure is difficult to place. Look at Rays play in 12, wasn't nearly where it had been in his younger years but his savvy and leadership led us to a SB