Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Re: So, the big question after todays game

I would put us fourth. The Chargers are going to electrocute us.

Re: So, the big question after todays game

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    The Pats, Chiefs, Chargers and Bengals are better.
    We're fighting for the 5th/6th spot with the rest of the pack: Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, and Texans.
    We're probably the best of the rest, so we're 5th in the AFC.
    Bengals were trashed tonight

3. Re: So, the big question after todays game

The Ravens have shown that they can overcome missing players, which has surprised me. Cincinnati can't. So, even though they have more overall talent, they are more likely to fold.

Despite the loss we were the better team today. I think that was obvious. Joe just has to be better, which i think he will be down the road. We had SOOO many opportunities to put this game away early and not make it a 1 possession game late but that's the bad you get with Joe's good. Think about that play where he had Hurst WIDE OPEN with 3 minutes left in the 4th and he just lobbed it in there short, allowed the defense to make up ground and deflect the pass. In stride, that's a touchdown and we're up 3. Snead was wide open for a touchdown earlier in the half and even all the way back to the 2nd quarter, when we had that 17 play drive that ate up nearly 8 minutes, Joe sails a pass wide right, into coverage, and misses the easy touchdown to a wide open man on the left. We settled for a FG. Brady, Big Ben, Drew, Rodgers, find that touchdown. Joe has to step up.

If anything, this game proved to me our defense is 100% legit and as long as they get some help from our offense we can make a deep run in the playoffs this year. If you're still doubting us as being a contender, I think you either live in a shell and 1.) dont pay attention to the rest of the league and how other teams play both sides of the ball or 2.) you're such a blind homer that only perfection can satisfy your expectations.

We're legit. At worst this is a wild card team. At best, we can make a push for the #1 or #2 seed and clinch a playoff bye.

Which other teams are keeping us out of the playoffs this year? The Bengals?? Hell no! Current playoff standings:

1.) Cheifs 6-0
    2.) Patrtiots 5-2
    3.) Steelers 3-2-1
    4.) Texans 4-3
    -----------------------
    5.) Chargers 5-1
    6.) Benglas 4-3
    -----------------------
    7.) Ravens 4-3
    8.) Dolphins 4-3
    9.) Jets 3-4
    10.) Titans 3-4
    11.) Jaguars 3-4
    12.) Broncos 3-4
    13.) Browns 2-4-1
    14.) Colts 2-5
    15.) Bills 2-5
    16.) Raiders 1-6

WHEN we get into the playoffs this year we are going to be one of the top 3 teams that can win it all, despite whatever record we finish with. Our regular season record doesnt mean jackshit to me. The only thing that matters right now is improving/refining/building a championship caliber team that can compete in the playoffs. Barring injuries we will definitely make it there. That's when we can debate who's who and who's not.

But at the end of the day the Ravens are legit. Don't let the naysayers sway your opinion.

The more I look at the team's roster, the more I feel we are 1 good offensive draft away if we don't make a run this year.
    Get rid of some dead wood contracts and keep the D intact (mostly). Derwin could have been money for an aging Weddle. Oh well. Hurst will come along. Shore up Brown with Smiths money. Draft O line.

I'm feelin like it's close again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    The Ravens have shown that they can overcome missing players, which has surprised me. Cincinnati can't. So, even though they have more overall talent, they are more likely to fold.
    Indeed and they responded to their heartbreak loss with a pathetic performance. They've yet to show that "dog" mentality.

7. Re: So, the big question after todays game

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    AJ Green is our vaunted D's kryptonite and Marvin Lewis must've sold Harbs' soul to the devil in exchange for owning him in every game that matters. I wouldn't be surprised if our record in the end was the same as theirs but they get the tie-breaker and the title.

Today was my second game of the year and I wanted to offer my feedback for those that care. I’ll try to keep hyperbole out of this post because we all do too much of it on the board, myself included.

Harbs - I’m frustrated and confused. Sometimes he coaches with guile, but too often I feel like he misses the plot. We need a new coaching position called the “common sense” coach. Two challenges on the first drive? The Kamara one I can live with, but the spot challenge was baffling. The Saints had 4th and inches...the conversion rate on those plays for them has to be astronomically high. The offense scores two TDs with less than a minute in each half, why? Tempo. All of us on the board know this yet the coaching staff is aloof. Pitches on 3rd and 1? We generally all agree that he was a great hire in 2008 and exactly what the team needed...CEO type coach with all-time great talent. But like...what could he do with the Cardinals? What about a team whose kicker misses extra points and gimmie FGs more often than not? Harbs has never finished below .500 when his starting QB played a full season and I think we have enough talent to at least go 8–8, but the key to winning the SB is getting a bye. Both teams in each of the last five SBs had a first round bye.

QB - Flacco left plays on the field, but when we needed it most he marched us down the field with ease. That last TD drive was calm cool and collected. He’s being handicapped by this coaching staff. Congrats Lamar on the first TD!! Super happy for him and I hope it’s the first of many in a purple uniform.

OL - Not good enough. Plain and simple. Stanley looked fine, but why they haven’t shifted Yanda to center is beyond me. It’s the second most important position on the OL.

WR - Good job, end of the day they are limited because they are what they are. John Brown has been brilliant. Yea Snead dropped that pass, but I feel like he’s been fairly reliable all season. Crabtree is showing his age and I don’t mean that negatively. We are still in dire need of some help here.

TE - It was a bad throw by Flacco, but in real time I felt like Hurst had to attack the ball. Not every pass is spot on...but someone has to make a play for Joe. Mark Andrews was been encouraging. The entire group is bang average.

RB - Collins is nothing special. Buck has disappeared the last few weeks. If you’re going to put undrafted/late round RBs on the board you have to have a strong OL and we certainly don’t have that. On the right teams Collins and Buck would be phenomenal backups/change of pace RBs.

Defense - Brandon Williams...I really have no words. I promised not to employ hyperbole, but he might be one of worst players on the defense. I remember one positive play from him all day. Post June 1st cut him when the season is over. Lawrence Guy is making $10 million less than he is this year lol.

Jimmy Smith...He was terrible today, but we know when he’s on he’s on. That being said this has to be his final season with the Ravens. We’re 6 weeks in and he hasn’t contributed anything this year. He just can’t put a full season together and he’s 30. I think it would be best for both parties honestly.

CJ Mosley...please DeCosta do not resign him. CJ Mosley deserves to get paid, he’s exactly what you look for in a teammate, but we can’t dedicate money to him. He can’t cover, like at all.

Tony Jefferson and Eric Weddle...okay, but not great. One is a LB trying to be a safety, the other is past his prime.

Pass Rush...non existent.

This defense inflates their stats against terrible teams. Buffalo with Petterman. Denver with Keenum. The Titans game. It’s all smoke and mirrors. The Saints were 6 of 14 on 3rd down, and 4 of 5 on 4th down. When it mattered most they could extend the drive. Justin Tucker can take solace in the fact that the defense was going to concede a TD to the Saints in OT if it got that far.

Side note....Taysom Hill wow. Have yourself a day. What a weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    im on the not with marty bandwagon as well as this one
    No QB sneak was repugnant. 10" should be a sneak every time. Instead Marty tried to get cute. That cost them at least 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's Rice View Post
    Despite the loss we were the better team today. I think that was obvious. Joe just has to be better, which i think he will be down the road. We had SOOO many opportunities to put this game away early and not make it a 1 possession game late but that's the bad you get with Joe's good. Think about that play where he had Hurst WIDE OPEN with 3 minutes left in the 4th and he just lobbed it in there short, allowed the defense to make up ground and deflect the pass. In stride, that's a touchdown and we're up 3. Snead was wide open for a touchdown earlier in the half and even all the way back to the 2nd quarter, when we had that 17 play drive that ate up nearly 8 minutes, Joe sails a pass wide right, into coverage, and misses the easy touchdown to a wide open man on the left. We settled for a FG. Brady, Big Ben, Drew, Rodgers, find that touchdown. Joe has to step up.

If anything, this game proved to me our defense is 100% legit and as long as they get some help from our offense we can make a deep run in the playoffs this year. If you're still doubting us as being a contender, I think you either live in a shell and 1.) dont pay attention to the rest of the league and how other teams play both sides of the ball or 2.) you're such a blind homer that only perfection can satisfy your expectations.

We're legit. At worst this is a wild card team. At best, we can make a push for the #1 or #2 seed and clinch a playoff bye.

Which other teams are keeping us out of the playoffs this year? The Bengals?? Hell no! Current playoff standings:

1.) Cheifs 6-0
    2.) Patrtiots 5-2
    3.) Steelers 3-2-1
    4.) Texans 4-3
    -----------------------
    5.) Chargers 5-1
    6.) Benglas 4-3
    -----------------------
    7.) Ravens 4-3
    8.) Dolphins 4-3
    9.) Jets 3-4
    10.) Titans 3-4
    11.) Jaguars 3-4
    12.) Broncos 3-4
    13.) Browns 2-4-1
    14.) Colts 2-5
    15.) Bills 2-5
    16.) Raiders 1-6

WHEN we get into the playoffs this year we are going to be one of the top 3 teams that can win it all, despite whatever record we finish with. Our regular season record doesnt mean jackshit to me. The only thing that matters right now is improving/refining/building a championship caliber team that can compete in the playoffs. Barring injuries we will definitely make it there. That's when we can debate who's who and who's not.

But at the end of the day the Ravens are legit. Don't let the naysayers sway your opinion.
    I agree. If Tucker makes that extra point like he does 99.9% of the time, we would certainly have been the favorite to pull the W out at home based on how the game played out. We could easily have been sitting here at 5-2 as opposed to 4-3, and my how everyone's tune would be drastically different about the quality of this year's team. IMO, the only teams in the AFC that look better than the Ravens right now are Chiefs, Pats, & Chargers (W/ a healthy Bosa back). However, ALL of those teams are flawed as well. None of them stand out to me as dramatically better teams than the Ravens at this point. This defense is as legit as it gets in today's NFL. The passing game is pretty good for once. We just need to get the OL together so the running game comes around, and the pass protection holds up a bit better for Joe. If they can do that, then this roster might be the most complete one in the AFC.

I think we're just all feeling frustrated at the fact that the team let another one slip away by the skin of their teeth as they have been woefully prone to do over the last few seasons. However, they are still right in the thick of the race for even a 1st round bye. Two of their three losses were games they could've and should've won, and they are still barely trailing the chiefs by a mere 3 points in net points among AFC teams. Btw, they've also already gone through all of their divisional road games at this point. So, their schedule sets up nicely moving forward for a divisional championship.

Is this team flawed? Yes. Are there any other teams in the conference that lack flaws? No. This loss hurts, but this game proved these guys are legit. Just wait until they get their Oline healthy and configured correctly, a la 2012.

Same ole same ole except with better receivers and better Defensive coordinator.

The Ravens can beat any team or lose to any team.

When they really need to take control of a game with their offense, they can't do it.

Other teams know to go no huddle up tempo to wear out the defense. That defense is going to gassed by the end of the year.

I think the Ravens can hang with any team. The problem is we are just too inconsistent, not just week to week, but from play to play. You just never know what you’re going to get from this team.