Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Canada Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, should the US do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Cigarettes are way more harmful than marijuana.

I'm all for full legalization. It's time to end this silly crusade against a plant and focus on the opiod epidemic that's ravaging this country.
    Building a wall would help keep some of that shit out of our country.

Cigarettes are way more harmful than marijuana.

I'm all for full legalization. It's time to end this silly crusade against a plant and focus on the opiod epidemic that's ravaging this country.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318854.php

https://sunrisehouse.com/quit-abusin...ng-cigarettes/
    Marijuana

The effects of marijuana smoke alone provide a great deal of physical risk. Not only can they lead to lung cancer, but they also have been shown to cause problems with:

Chronic and acute bronchitis, phlegm production, and wheezing
    Immune system suppression
    Increased risk of opportunistic infections among those who are HIV positive
    In addition, smoking marijuana can have severe mental effects. As described by Psychology Today, these can include:

Impaired memory and cognitive function
    Delayed brain development in younger people
    Potential development of psychosis
    Depression and anxiety

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-c...-tobacco-smoke

Nope.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Marijuana

The effects of marijuana smoke alone provide a great deal of physical risk. Not only can they lead to lung cancer, but they also have been shown to cause problems with:

In addition, smoking marijuana can have severe mental effects. As described by Psychology Today, these can include:

Depression and anxiety

Nope.
    So would you support a ban on alcohol, tobacco, and painkillers then?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Canada Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, should the US do the same?

Marijuana

Depression and anxiety

Nope.
    Those articles have a clear agenda. Potential development of psychosis, depression, and anxiety? And yet depression and anxiety are 2 of the main reasons medical marijuana is prescribed.

If you can buy cigarettes and alcohol you should be able to legally buy marijuana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Re: Canada Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, should the US do the same?

If you can buy cigarettes and alcohol you should be able to legally buy marijuana.

Pretty much wraps it up for me. It's that simple.
    A little off topic, but related:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ot-gets-blamed

6. Re: Canada Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, should the US do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Building a wall would help keep some of that shit out of our country.
    From what I've read, only the cheap nasty stuff. The best and strongest stuff is supposedly grown and harvested within our own borders. I'll take my and a good friend of mine's own homebrew beer and I'm good. However, I do believe it's way past the time to completely legalize it. And, it will happen.

I dont smoke, but the fact that beer is legal and pot isnt is insane to me.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So would you support a ban on alcohol, tobacco, and painkillers then?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Not at all. I, personally, don't care what people put into their own bodies. It's just hilarious that people (yes, here I am saying liberals are "people" in the most generic of terms) want to legalize marijuana but hate tobacco companies because tobacco is bad for you.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Those articles have a clear agenda. Potential development of psychosis, depression, and anxiety? And yet depression and anxiety are 2 of the main reasons medical marijuana is prescribed.

And marijuana articles don't? The fact is, marijuana is bad for you and numerous studies have proven that.

Medicinal THC that is prescribed by a doctor. Hydrocodone is taken to help with pain, yet it has crippling effects if used too often as does every other drug in the history of the planet.

This is a straw-man argument. I never suggested that one shouldn't be able to buy marijuana. My entire post centered around mocking the idea that marijuana isn't incredibly bad for you.
    ProFootballMock

And marijuana articles don't? The fact is, marijuana is bad for you and numerous studies have proven that.

Medicinal THC that is prescribed by a doctor. Hydrocodone is taken to help with pain, yet it has crippling effects if used too often as does every other drug in the history of the planet.

This is a straw-man argument. I never suggested that one shouldn't be able to buy marijuana. My entire post centered around mocking the idea that marijuana isn't incredibly bad for you.
    Numerous studies have also proven that marijuana in nowhere near as harmful as cigarettes like you implied earlier in the thread. Numerous studies have also proven the medical properties of marijuana.

There is no straw-man argument. That comment wasn't in direct response to your post. Just my general thoughts that I feel didn't need to be in a separate post.

I would be interested in seeing those articles that say marijuana isn't as harmful as cigarettes. The one I found can be summed up as proving nobody ever died from marijuana overdose.
    ProFootballMock

I worked on the marijuana file for 4 months before I left for the Department of Natural Resources.

I also studied it academically in the Canadian context from a criminology perspective.

My take on it is I don't think it should be illegal, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be legal. Decriminalization would have been the better route. People can still smoke it without facing legal issues (which is ridiculous for marijuana), but it isn't legal to the point where it becomes difficult to regulate. For example, Carleton University in Ottawa banned marijuana on their property (but you can smoke cigarettes on their property) and its being met with a lot of issues because its now in legislation.

I think decriminalization would have been the win-win.

As for it being harmful, it's no worse for you than alcohol or cigarettes. If they're allowed, marijuana should be too.

The biggest issues facing Canada, particularly in Ontario, is that law enforcement agencies are not prepared for enforcing driving while high in the sense that they don't have a roadside test for it. I think that is a major issue given that smoking will likely increase.

I went through the typical marijuana phase in highschool and I smoke occassionally now and it absolutely does impair you. I would say it's not as bad as being drunk, but it's enough to make me not want to be driving beside you on the road.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB