Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vontaze Burfict...I’m glad the Ravens didn’t take a flyer on this dude back in 2012...

Needless to say, he’s takes this rivalry shit personally...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mith-schuster/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Vontaze Burfict...I’m glad the Ravens didn’t take a flyer on this dude back in 2012...

Mock drafts had him going to the Ravens in Round 1. Looking at the glass half full, at least he wouldn't have been another WR bust. But he's nuts, and I don't think he makes it through the year without another suspension.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Re: Vontaze Burfict...I’m glad the Ravens didn’t take a flyer on this dude back in 2012...

we saw Vince Williams try to KO Boyle with a similar late shoulder-to-helmet hit as he was going down. Fuck the Steelers, they have no mercy for the well being of our players, we shouldn't afford them the same courtesy.

I'm all for head hunting guys like AB when we play, rivalry games are survival of the fittest, their defense will lay dirty hits on our guys every chance they get. Burfict is a dirty player and I don't like a lot of his antics but honestly I have no problem with what he did against Pitt. Vince Williams, Hines Ward, Ryan Clark, James Harrison, Mike Mitchell, JuJu last year, they have been teeing off on defenseless players for years. Ben had no problems when it was his guys doing this shit.

To be honest, I don't think this is necessarily a rivalry thing- he's just an all round cretin, a real cheap shot artist. Every team has nasty hits, but Burfict seems to revel in it. There's nothing wrong with playing the game hard, but he's just cheap.

Blog Entries

He should be banned from the league honestly, because he's consistent with it. It's not just against the Steelers or the Ravens. Remember when he was twisting Newton's ankle a few years ago? It's not a rivalry thing with him. He's trash. Can't help himself. Just wants to hurt people. He got what he deserved when Juju laid him out last year and I'm surprised that more teams don't target him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

He's a complete prick. I'm glad that other players call this guy out. He's a menace and cost the Bengals what would have been their only playoff win in 27 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    He should be banned from the league honestly, because he's consistent with it. It's not just against the Steelers or the Ravens. Remember when he was twisting Newton's ankle a few years ago? It's not a rivalry thing with him. He's trash. Can't help himself. Just wants to hurt people. He got what he deserved when Juju laid him out last year and I'm surprised that more teams don't target him.
    I liked him until he pulled that stunt, intentionally trying to injure the other team's QB simply because they couldn't stop him when he ran the ball? Pathetic.

I wanted him too out of the draft, glad we didn't go after him.

He's a good player no question, but he's without the biggest dirty POS player who seems to revel in it the league and I can't wait till that clown is gone.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I remember raising questions about his ability to play in the league with the personal foul penalties. Theyve only doubled down on those since and hes been suspended for various reasons throughout his career, and penalized heavily. He was a great prospect, but it was evident pretty early on that he was a knucklehead too. Inability to adapt. He doesnt even seem to be trying to.

Harrison had similar issues and the Steelers seemed just fine with him.
    -JAB

10. Re: Vontaze Burfict...I’m glad the Ravens didn’t take a flyer on this dude back in 2012...

This guy makes Hines Ward look like Tony Dungy.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Needless to say, he’s takes this rivalry shit personally...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mith-schuster/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no sympathy for the steelers, they ruined carson palmers career with a dirty cheap shot to a knee
    Burn it down

12. Re: Vontaze Burfict...I’m glad the Ravens didn’t take a flyer on this dude back in 2012...

Here's a fun video on Burfict. Definitely some stuff that is at least close to a "football play," but plenty of stuff that is absolutely not. And there are definitely plays missing (for instance, where's the Maxx Williams hit?)

(Is it possible to embed twitter videos like you can youtube videos?)
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)