Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden countdown website.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    McKenzie isn't a fly by the seat of your pants manager. The Raiders were building a team the correct way with him. I think we're going to see that dumpster fire from here. Get excited Vegas.

Vegas is awesome though!

Muscle memory kicking in sword???
    Gruden supposedly was/is running an entire different scouting system from McKenzie. Talk about a cluster. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-raid...151157800.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I don't get the hate for Gruden.

He saw the team was not ready to compete and got two 1st round picks for Mack instead of paying him an extremely onerous contract (6 years $141 mil).

While everyone seems to rave about Mack, I personally have not seen him have much of an impact on the overall defense to warrant that kind of contract. He's one of the better pass rushers but that's all he does. He played 32 games in 2016 and 2017 and got 21.5 sacks. To me that's okay, but I don't see a transformative player.

Now the Oakland offense isn't doing well, but the Raiders FO committed to Carr and he regressed well before Gruden arrived. Now Gruden is trying to work with him, but maybe he isn't very good.

Carr's only good year was 2016, he had a great O-line and Cooper and Crab to throw to. But we are now seeing plenty of mediocre or even bad QBs can do well in certain situations where the rest of the offense is good.

Gruden may be smart enough to realize that the Raiders 2016 was a fluke and he needs to retool before becoming competitive. He is also planning on being competitive once he arrives in Las Vegas, which is smart. There is no reason to impress the California fans now, he is building towards the future.
    Khalil Mack is the type of player you BUILD AROUND. What else are they going to be paying money to in the near future? Instead, now they have to hope they find another Khalil Mack with one of those 1st rounders just to break even. Good luck with that, you're lucky if there's one Khalil Mack/Von Miller type in any given draft, let alone have them sitting there when you're on the clock. On top of that they're going to have to find another Amari Cooper, Derek Carr, and Karl Joseph because Gruden just wants to swing his dick around to prove it's his team.

Carr "regressed" last year the same way Joe regressed when he was playing injured. Now Carr is playing in a new system under Gruden/Olson that just sucks. Carr will be traded/cut after this season and Gruden will be trying to catch lightning in a bottle again with some career backup like he did with Gannon 20 years ago.

I don't buy that the same group of players that had success in 2016 is now suddenly just "not very good". Carr is suddenly "maybe just not that good". Cooper is suddenly "maybe just not that good". The Raiders OL suddenly "maybe just not that good". Sorry, too much coincidence to me. The talent is fine, the Raiders just have some of the worst coaching in the league on offense. Starting with Tom Cable and Greg Olson who have sucked everywhere they've been as coaches.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 10-18-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Khalil Mack is the type of player you BUILD AROUND. What else are they going to be paying money to in the near future? Instead, now they have to hope they find another Khalil Mack with one of those 1st rounders just to break even. Good luck with that, you're lucky if there's one Khalil Mack/Von Miller type in any given draft, let alone have them sitting there when you're on the clock. On top of that they're going to have to find another Amari Cooper, Derek Carr, and Karl Joseph because Gruden just wants to swing his dick around to prove it's his team.

Carr "regressed" last year the same way Joe regressed when he was playing injured. Now Carr is playing in a new system under Gruden/Olson that just sucks. Carr will be traded/cut after this season and Gruden will be trying to catch lightning in a bottle again with some career backup like he did with Gannon 20 years ago.

I don't buy that the same group of players that had success in 2016 is now suddenly just "not very good". Carr is suddenly "maybe just not that good". Cooper is suddenly "maybe just not that good". The Raiders OL suddenly "maybe just not that good". Sorry, too much coincidence to me. The talent is fine, the Raiders just have some of the worst coaching in the league on offense. Starting with Tom Cable and Greg Olson who have sucked everywhere they've been as coaches.
    I would love Mack on this team but I feel too many people play madden and don't realize the cap implications. The raiders are paying Carr what 20+ million. They have an expensive Oline. They can't do both.

How this trade will be judged will be how the Raiders use those two picks and where the Bears end up falling. I don't think they are that good. Mitch can flash at times but their WR and skilled positions are full of hot garbage.

Maybe they ride their defense all the way to the playoffs like the Jaguards did. I doubt it. I think Oakland is at some point going to get a top 10 pick from this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    How this trade will be judged will be how the Raiders use those two picks and where the Bears end up falling. I don't think they are that good. Mitch can flash at times but their WR and skilled positions are full of hot garbage.

Maybe they ride their defense all the way to the playoffs like the Jaguards did. I doubt it. I think Oakland is at some point going to get a top 10 pick from this trade.
    Their WR and skilled positions are just fine now. This isn't 2017.

Howard/Cohen is a good 1-2 combo at RB.

Burton is a decent weapon at TE.

Robinson, Miller, Gabriel is just as good as what we have here.

Their OL isn't the greatest, but Nagy is masking that by running a lot of quick passing plays to get the ball out quickly.

Bears will be in the playoffs.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 10-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.

5. Re: Jon Gruden countdown website.

Sometimes, fans just look at stats and don't think enough about the intangibles of a player. Leadership in the locker room. Leadership on the field. How that player opens things up for his teammates schematically.

Oakland took an absolute team leader, player of integrity, and shipped him off. That has a rippling effect on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    Sometimes, fans just look at stats and don't think enough about the intangibles of a player. Leadership in the locker room. Leadership on the field. How that player opens things up for his teammates schematically.

Oakland took an absolute team leader, player of integrity, and shipped him off. That has a rippling effect on the team.
    The defense was never good every year Mack was on the team. They were good on offense one year before regressing.

How can he be the "absolute leader" when his unit is god-awful and never contributes to any wins?

7. Re: Jon Gruden countdown website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    The defense was never good every year Mack was on the team. They were good on offense one year before regressing.

How can he be the "absolute leader" when his unit is god-awful and never contributes to any wins?
    You just went to the stark contrast. What I implied, does not mean that he can do the job of 11 people. However, if they make some improvements to some of the other 10 people, it can show. You stack talent.

8. Re: Jon Gruden countdown website.

And the shitshow continues. A least they won't lose this week. Still looking good for that top pick in the spring, though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...port-violation

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    105.7 was talking about this website this morning. A real time countdown clock for Jon Gruden and his contract down to seconds and dollars earned. Pretty funny. What a dumpster fire the Raiders have become.

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/
    That looks like my retirement countdown clock...with different dollar amounts.