Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens vs. Saints Prediction Thread

I think we hit them in the mouth and win

27-16

2. Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens vs. Saints Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the Rams are the best team in the league and the Saints are right behind them.

I do not anticipate a win for the Ravens in this one. Hopefully I'm wrong
    This is a SMART man. Hey guy's, Saints fan here. Good luck to y'all and may both teams avoid injury.

Still more Raven fans than I would have thought who aren't believing what they're seeing. This team has had a bad offensive game (Cleveland) and a bad quarter and a half (Cincinnati), otherwise they've been a pretty stout football team. Have a little more faith folks, you're missing a good ride. Wink schemes up some bracketing on Thomas and continues with exotic pressure schemes across the board. I watched Ben Watson last year, so obviously I'm not worried about him. Pierce is another week healthier, so I see him and Williams along with the deep rotation limiting Kamara and Ingram. My biggest concern is Kamara in the passing game, so I'm banking on Young hitting the books this week and matching up with him in coverage. Our offense can make noise on these guys, they're D may be the weakest of any we've played to date minus maybe Buffalo. I'm calling it Raven 30 Saints 24 and the Saints may not eclipse 20. Some of you guys got have a little more faith. This team is rounding into a pretty damn good squad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Still more Raven fans than I would have thought who aren't believing what they're seeing. This team has had a bad offensive game (Cleveland) and a bad quarter and a half (Cincinnati), otherwise they've been a pretty stout football team. Have a little more faith folks, you're missing a good ride. Wink schemes up some bracketing on Thomas and continues with exotic pressure schemes across the board. I watched Ben Watson last year, so obviously I'm not worried about him. Pierce is another week healthier, so I see him and Williams along with the deep rotation limiting Kamara and Ingram. My biggest concern is Kamara in the passing game, so I'm banking on Young hitting the books this week and matching up with him in coverage. Our offense can make noise on these guys, they're D may be the weakest of any we've played to date minus maybe Buffalo. I'm calling it Raven 30 Saints 24 and the Saints may not eclipse 20. Some of you guys got have a little more faith. This team is rounding into a pretty damn good squad.
    Johnny, good to see your optimism. However, if you look back I made a note on a post that no Ravens fan predicted a loss @ Cleveland. Sure we had chances to win, but blew them. Point is that our fans are still leery (and I can't blame them) for not having 100% confidence in our team. This home game vs. the Saints may tell if we're contenders or pretenders. Like you I have some confidence, as seen by my 27 - 24 Ravens win prediction, but let's reconvene after the game has been played to see how we feel on Monday morning... Bc

5. Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens vs. Saints Prediction Thread

26-20, good guys.

Keys to the game:

1) OL keeps Joe clean
    2) WRs catch passes
    3) Drew Brees on the sidelines watching Marty's dink-and-dunk create long sustained drives

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

NOS is coming off the bye.
    NOS hasn't faced any top OL's, but they completely shutdown the run.

Brees does extremely well vs. what our defense gives opposing QBs.
    Moreover, all-things-equal, he's a monster under pressure and ridic when kept clean.

Even when kept clean, Joe is still performing well below-par vs. his peers in 2018.
    He'll need to over-perform to match Brees' likely output.

That said, NOS' defense has regressed like crazy...especially in the secondary.
    If Joe is going to lead this team into the tourney then he has to take advantage of match-ups like this.
    If he's given time and doesn't end drives with brain farts then he should put up good numbers.
    FFS, Matt Ryan put up 5 TDs w/ no picks vs. these bums...including 3 to a rookie.

A cool, windy 2nd half may help, but only if we have the lead at that point.

All praises due to Marty, Joe and Wink, if they can pull this off.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

The OFFICIAL Ravens vs. Saints Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    NOS is coming off the bye.
    NOS hasn't faced any top OL's, but they completely shutdown the run.

Brees does extremely well vs. what our defense gives opposing QBs.
    Moreover, all-things-equal, he's a monster under pressure and ridic when kept clean.

Even when kept clean, Joe is still performing well below-par vs. his peers in 2018.
    He'll need to over-perform to match Brees' likely output.

That said, NOS' defense has regressed like crazy...especially in the secondary.
    If Joe is going to lead this team into the tourney then he has to take advantage of match-ups like this.
    If he's given time and doesn't end drives with brain farts then he should put up good numbers.
    FFS, Matt Ryan put up 5 TDs w/ no picks vs. these bums...including 3 to a rookie.

A cool, windy 2nd half may help, but only if we have the lead at that point.

All praises due to Marty, Joe and Wink, if they can pull this off.
    The last two times the Ravens beat NO it was from putting up points (minimum 30) and putting a shit load of pressure (collapsing the pocket from inside, obscuring his throwing windows, getting a lot of QB hits, batting balls down at the line of scrimmage), I think they can execute this type of game plan successfully...they’re a lot stronger on the back end to pull this off...limit Brees touches!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The last two times the Ravens beat NO it was from putting up points (minimum 30) and putting a shit load of pressure (collapsing the pocket from inside, obscuring his throwing windows, getting a lot of QB hits, batting balls down at the line of scrimmage), I think they can execute this type of game plan successfully...they’re a lot stronger on the back end to pull this off...limit Brees touches!!!
    I feel you. The back-end should keep the club in it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Something to ponder :

If Saints beat Ravens on Sunday, Drew Brees will have wins over all 32 teams
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2018, 5:17 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-all-32-teams/

Ravens, let's not allow him to do it, especially in our house... Bc
    Ut oh...

I hadn't thought about that the fix could be in.

I hope it's not. But We are in a prime game, does anyone know if we have been assigned the number one announcing crew? They really gave him a special treatment last week. He is also going to throw his 500th TD the next one he throws, so IDK.

30-27 Saints
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Hopefully they come up with something better than just Young guarding Kamara. Young is no where near quick or fast enough to cover him 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Hopefully they come up with something better than just Young guarding Kamara. Young is no where near quick or fast enough to cover him 1 on 1.
    I'd put both Young's on him.

@BigPlayReceiver