Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I Still Don't Trust This Team

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm buying into the hype 100%! I still think the Super Bowl is Ravens vs Rams.
    You dont think the Rams might be peaking too soon?
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    They barely got past what looks like a bad Denver team on Sunday. They aren't Goliaths. They are ripe.
    They wont go undefeated, but they should be favorites to win the superbowl barring injuries and getting talib back
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    You dont think the Rams might be peaking too soon?
    It's hard not to when they're almost flawless all around

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    This is a week-to-week league. Not like it used to be when you could count on heavyweights to run roughshod over weaker opponents. Every week you see at least one result that has you saying "What the hell happened there?".

You are not likely going to get the assurance you want until the season is over, when you can look back and assess success or failure.

The best advice I can give is to strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.
    This. With how much parity is in the league, teams that's just dominating everyone is starting to become extinct. Sure, you will have a team or two possibly with super great records but I feel pretty much any team in the league with the exception of a few can beat any team on any given Sunday.

Some of you are a little harsh on the OP. Past history shows the ravens failing to make those crucial plays late in the season.

Personally I'm definitely a little more optimistic about this year's final stretch than I was back in 2016/2017 because we've seen first hand a concerted effort to change both offensively and defensively. Defensively we've been aggressive and offensively we've been more aggressive on first downs by throwing the ball thereby putting in more manageable 3rd downs.

The only thing I'm pessimistic about is Jimmy Smith staying healthy and staying out of trouble. He really is a difference maker when he's on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You have every right not to trust this team. It has all the ingredients of a typical inconsistent Ravens team that will fight for a playoff berth all the way to the last play of the regular season.
    I've got to go along with Cool-x here. After beating the Steelers (in Pitts), I was certain we would defeat the Browns. Matter of fact IIRC nobody on this board picked the Browns to win on our prediction thread. OK, then a really solid win against the Titans in Tenn. Now here's a good "show me" game vs. the Saints. OK Ravens give us reason to trust you... Bc

I think there is no reason to trust or mistrust. Every season stands on it's own, especially when you consider that average roster turnover is like 30%. factor in draft picks, coaching changes and injuries - multiplied by all the same factors across the league and I just don't get why anyone expects any sort of trending to emerge. The Pats are one of the few exceptions and that is mostly due to consistency at HC and QB and a consistently bad division. It defies logic that the other teams in the AFC East are perennially mediocre at best. As far as the Ravens are concerned, they are my home team and I will be optimistic every time they kick off because they are capable of beating anybody. 20+ years of rooting for them has taught me that they are also capable of losing 2 to 3 games every season that they have no business losing, but that comes with the territory. I think for the entire Flacco/Harbs tenure they are something like 9.5 - 6.5. Which means they are consistently competitive enough to be in playoff contention almost every year. Considering they play in a division with 2 other consistently competitive teams, I'm not sure how anyone can get bent out of shape especially when they have a winning record. Hell, I remember during the 2012 season there were plenty of folks lamenting that they were the worst 9-2 team in the league. Then they lost 3 straight and folks were convinced it was over. Turns out it wasn't. So, what I trust right now is that they are 4-2 and have won 2 of 4 road games in convincing fashion. They are playing the Saints next, and Brees has yet to add the Ravens to his trophy case. Maybe that finally changes this week...maybe not, but I like our chances. Either way, when the game is over, it won't indicate anything about how the rest of the season will go.

Really not that worried about the defense.

I think for them to have any.long term success they are going to have to get some consistency with the running game. The passing game is what it is. Flashes of great plays sprinkled in with the occasional bonehead.

The coaching or lack thereof is also a concern.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

9. Re: I Still Don't Trust This Team

The 2016 and 2017 Ravens would not have pulled out victories in two out of three on this previous road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It sure doesn't sound like the OP enjoys watching the Ravens. If you get to that point then I agree it's time to start finding a team that better fits your views.
    You guys are insane lol. I love this team and have an extremely deep emotional connection to them. I have fun watching the games, this season has been the most fun I've had in years in fact.

Look, I'm just playing the Browns and Bengals losses still alarm me and I'm simply ssying that I'm just enjoying the games for now but am still not emotionally invested in seeing a playoff appearance just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    You guys are insane lol. I love this team and have an extremely deep emotional connection to them. I have fun watching the games, this season has been the most fun I've had in years in fact.

Look, I'm just playing the Browns and Bengals losses still alarm me and I'm simply ssying that I'm just enjoying the games for now but am still not emotionally invested in seeing a playoff appearance just yet.
    Browns loss was unacceptable. They are not as good as they looked against us. We have a history of playing down to opponents and thats on our coaching staff
    Burn it down

I think the posters on this board that act like anyone that has a doubt about the Ravens ever should stop being a fan are way too full of themselves. And the passive-aggressive "I just ignore X" garbage is lame too. No one cares about your personal reading habits on the board.

3 months ago there was a predictions thread where the average record people were throwing out was 8-8 or 9-7. We are good and there is hope, but chill on the OP.