Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Amari Cooper Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    This. Get KO back. Right the wrong.
    KO been injurd this year

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I feel like this is a Jerry Jones move.
    Boom Shrubbs strikes again. Jones is all about the big play.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Giving up a 1st for Cooper and having to pay him a boat load of money seems like a really bad idea. Next year the Cowboys are going to have to pay him 14m. That is the combined total of what the Ravens are paying Crabtree and Brown. If you are going to have to pay a wr that amount of money giving up a 1st rounder on top of it seems like a poor decision. Maybe you do it for a top 5 guy but not a guy that has struggled of late.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Amari has never been a top talent
    Not true. He was at Bama. Just never got better. People need to understand Saban does an excellent job of coaching his players up to almost NFL standards while they are still in college. That’s why they are ready to start so often when drafted. The down side is that they have been maxed out for the most part and won’t get significantly better as a pro. See C.J. see Cooper.

Please stop the ignorance.

155 / 2223 / 11 ...across two seasons, from the age of 21 yrs and 3 mo through 22 yrs 6 mo.

That's among the career beginnings of Fitz, Moss, Keenan Allen and Mike Evans.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Giving up a 1st for Cooper and having to pay him a boat load of money seems like a really bad idea. Next year the Cowboys are going to have to pay him 14m. That is the combined total of what the Ravens are paying Crabtree and Brown. If you are going to have to pay a wr that amount of money giving up a 1st rounder on top of it seems like a poor decision. Maybe you do it for a top 5 guy but not a guy that has struggled of late.
    It wouldn't be a bad decision if he was actually performing at a high level. He's having an awful year AND in concussion protocol.

I have no idea what the Cowboys are doing total desperation move and this could easily be a top 10 pick if he continues his play from OAK because on OAK this year he was not a difference maker.

He's on pace for not even 750 yards right now. Dek is not really a throwing quarterback either.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    KO been injurd this year
    Maybe he'll be a cut after this season. The Raiders owe no more guaranteed money to him. We could get a pretty thrifty option back at LG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

155 / 2223 / 11 ...across two seasons, from the age of 21 yrs and 3 mo through 22 yrs 6 mo.

And he’s had among the steepest drop offs in the history of the NFL. He’s not good and this was a terrible terrible trade for the Cowboys.

I've been calling Cooper over rated his whole career, and I still will argue with anyone who debates that King Crab wasn't the #1 in Oakland. Cooper is inconsistent, and anti- clutch. He drops as many or more than King Crab, with zero of Crabs clutch plays.

Oakland absolutely FLEECED Dallas.
    Burn it down

Come on man, you know he's done nothing but drop balls and decline. He'd fit in perfect with Atlanta if he was playing second fiddle to Julio. He cannot handle the pressure of being #1
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    And he’s had among the steepest drop offs in the history of the NFL. He’s not good and this was a terrible terrible trade for the Cowboys.
    I'm having trouble finding where I said Cooper is playing well and that offering a 1st rounder was good for DAL.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Come on man, you know he's done nothing but drop balls and decline. He'd fit in perfect with Atlanta if he was playing second fiddle to Julio. He cannot handle the pressure of being #1
    Pressure? He and Crab were 1A/1B in 2015, 2016 and 2017, so he handled it just fine then.
    Maybe OC Greg Olsen and QB Carr with his 8 INTs, 17 sacks and 6.7 AY/A are the problem?

Btw...I was responding to this nonsense below. Not defending the trade.

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I'm having trouble finding where I said Cooper is playing well and that offering a 1st rounder was good for DAL.

Pressure? He and Crab were 1A/1B in 2015, 2016 and 2017, so he handled it just fine then.
    Maybe OC Greg Olsen and QB Carr with his 8 INTs, 17 sacks and 6.7 AY/A are the problem?

Btw...I was responding to this nonsense below. Not defending the trade.
    If Im oakland I just go full rebuild at this point, and send Carr to the Jags.

Cooper has all the talent in the world, just hasnt been able to harness it. When Carr needed a clutch play he would always look at Crab first. I think Cooper is going to look worse in Dallas than he ever did in Oakland, he's never going to play inside there
    Burn it down