Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OLB Next Year

Re: OLB Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    My glasses are a bit fogged up. Did I actually read all time great? ... Bc
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

How is B-Will any different from Wilfork or Casey Hampton?

All are similar statistically - not a lot of tackles or sacks.

All anchored elite 3-4 defenses for years. And we saw what happened to the run D when Williams was injured last year.

Further, if Williams is negligible, I'd like to know other defenders in the Ravens front 7 who are plus run defenders. How is it the Ravens rush D is considered so good for so many years, and yet I can't point to a single other player on the front 7 other than Mosley who excels against the run. Strange.

3. Re: OLB Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    No you didn't. Smh.

All anchored elite 3-4 defenses for years. And we saw what happened to the run D when Williams was injured last year.
    Teams weren't averaging 40 passes per game during their time.

Further, if Williams is negligible, I'd like to know other defenders in the Ravens front 7 who are plus run defenders. How is it the Ravens rush D is considered so good for so many years, and yet I can't point to a single other player on the front 7 other than Mosley who excels against the run. Strange.
    I think Pierce would qualify as a plus run defender.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    The precipitous fall of Bowser is kind of surprising to me. He has quietly disappeared from this defense when he started out looking like a beast. From today’s Baltimore Ravens LFW article.

One of the more surprising decisions this past Sunday was that outside linebacker Tyus Bowser was a healthy scratch from the 46-man roster. It was the first time that Bowser, a second-round selection in 2017, has been left off a gameday roster in his career.
    When asked about it yesterday, Head Coach John Harbaugh said “it just didn’t work out numbers-wise.”
    “We have so many outside linebackers, it’s kind of hard to decide who you’re going to sit down….” Harbaugh said. “When you get everybody healthy, it gets pretty competitive, as far as who’s out there on Sunday.”

Though Harbaugh said “he [Bowser] practiced really well last week on special teams. He practiced well on defense, and Tyus is a really good player,” Levy thinks it could be difficult for him to get back into the gameday roster.
    “Bowser has struggled to make much of an impact defensively, and Williams and [outside linebacker Za’Darius] Smith have taken full advantage. Not only is Smith off to his best season to date, but Williams is on his way to developing into a three-down linebacker,” Levy wrote. “Bowser has struggled to adjust to the speed of the game, and barring any major injuries, he may continue to be a healthy scratch.”

———-

I hope he turns it around and isn’t headed down the Art Brown / Correa path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you're saying there's a chance... We can trade him to Tennessee

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Man. I'm not as down on his contract as most out here seem to be...but that take have me pause

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think Pierce would qualify as a plus run defender.
    Definitely seen Kenny Young blow up some runs this year.