Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

1. Drew Brees

Drew Brees has beaten every team in the NFL....except for the Baltimore Ravens. (He's only played the Saints once, and he's beaten every other team at least twice).

Two QBs have beaten all 32 teams
    (Peyton Manning and Brett Favre), although there are a number of QBs that have never changed teams and have beaten the 31 other teams (Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Re: Drew Brees

I'm not expecting to beat the Saints next week. Their offense is ridiculous.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

This one is an L on my prediction. I think it'll be a shootout and I think our D is a pretty good matchup, but they just have too much firepower.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: Drew Brees

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not expecting to beat the Saints next week. Their offense is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This one is an L on my prediction. I think it'll be a shootout and I think our D is a pretty good matchup, but they just have too much firepower.
    I understand the pessimism. I don't think I've ever been comfortable going into a game against the Saints, and yet...
    The Saints have always had a bunch of offensive weapons and a questionable defense. I don't think their offense is that much better this year than in the past matchups.

I'd be even less comfortable if this game were in NO, but I think the Ravens can hang with and surpass the Saints at home.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

I don't trust their defence and the game is played in bmore, so it can go either way; though better for us if we get to brees early in the game and somehow manage to contain kamara

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I understand the pessimism. I don't think I've ever been comfortable going into a game against the Saints, and yet...
    The Saints have always had a bunch of offensive weapons and a questionable defense. I don't think their offense is that much better this year than in the past matchups.

I'd be even less comfortable if this game were in NO, but I think the Ravens can hang with and surpass the Saints at home.
    Home field is definitely huge for us. I don't think we get spanked by any means. I just haven't built confidence in the offense yet to go out and win a shootout against a team like them.

Our defense should do well, but they'll get theirs.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

A lot of Saints games have been close going into the 4th quarter. That's when they seem to pull away. That's how it was against the Browns, Falcons and even Giants. The key is finding away to close out against that offense. I personally don't like the matchup because the Ravens tend to score early in games and the offense just grinds in the 2nd half. However, the defense has still allowed just 12 points in the 2nd half of games which is a tremendous stat.

You have the team that scores the most points in the NFL in the second half of games, 18.3 point average, going against the team that allows the least amount of points in the 2nd half of games, 2 point average. Which one blinks?

We a bout to see how talent + innovative coaching beats defense in the modern nfl. I expect a lot of points, and a lot of errors by our offense trying to keep up. Flacco's ugliest game of the year coming up
    Burn it down

The defense played very well overall against Pitt who have a very good offense although they aren't on the Saints level so I'm optimistic they can hold their own. I really hope that offensively Marty calls another innovative game as he did against Pitt

10. Re: Drew Brees

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You have the team that scores the most points in the NFL in the second half of games, 18.3 point average, going against the team that allows the least amount of points in the 2nd half of games, 2 point average. Which one blinks?
    Something is gonna have to give there. I don't really like the match up here because Kamara & Ingram pose a serious threat and could run the ball rather effectively. Williams & Pierce are going to have to come up big for the Ravens to win.

Brees has been terrific this year, albeit against some garbage defenses. 4 out out their 5 games have been indoors in a dome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    They are not the same team outside the dome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it funny that most on here don’t see us winning because of their offense. For as good as their offense is our defense is equally good if not better. It seems most folks favor a strong offense to be successful. They are 3rd in total offense and the Ravens are first in total defense.
    Baltimore is 9th in total offense and NO is 19th in total defense.