Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Drew Brees

Re: Drew Brees

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    When you say Brees is more talented than Brady and Manning, what skills and abilities does he specifically bring to the table that are superior to those two?
    I think its pretty clear Brees is a far better thrower of the football then either one were at any point in their career. Does that make him better? depends on how someone defines greatness. I think its clear as day Lebron is a better player than MJ was at any point in his career, but I get the argument of Rings / championships.

IDK I perfer a mix of raw talent and hardware. I think Elway was a better QB than Montana, I think Brady is clearly better than Manning. I know Brady is the GOAT, but no one can tell me he threw a better ball than Marino, Elway or Brees.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I think its pretty clear Brees is a far better thrower of the football then either one were at any point in their career. Does that make him better? depends on how someone defines greatness. I think its clear as day Lebron is a better player than MJ was at any point in his career, but I get the argument of Rings / championships.

IDK I perfer a mix of raw talent and hardware. I think Elway was a better QB than Montana, I think Brady is clearly better than Manning. I know Brady is the GOAT, but no one can tell me he threw a better ball than Marino, Elway or Brees.
    I'd add that Brees' accuracy is uncanny and I think most would say that Brees is a more accurate passer than Manning and Brady. There is a reason that he has a high completion percentage and that is his ability to place the football exactly where in needs to be in a given situation

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Was listening to Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman talk about Brees last week after he broke the yards record and Kelleman and Ryan Clark both said that Brees is in the conversation for tail end of top 10 QB's all time maybe. Stephen A said that Brees should be top 5 but Kellerman and Clark dismissed it and rebutted that Brees has played a long time, played in a dome and that is the reason he has all these passing records. They argued that Brees has never won an MVP and never been universally considered the best at his position during his era. At one point Clark said that Brees doesn't look exciting when he plays and likened him to a guy you know as your accountant or lawyer (no idea what he was trying to say there) and Kellerman even mentioned that Aikman was better.

They suggested that the list shakes out like this (relative to the superbowl era) of guys better than Brees in no particular order:

Brady
    Manning
    Favre
    Elway
    Montana
    Rodgers
    Marino
    Aikman
    Jim Kelly

Clark also added Warren Moon.

And they surmised that Brees may be top 10. Kellerman and Clark used the fact that Brees has remained healthy and that he only won 1 superbowl as neagatives against him.

Personally I think their agrument and suggestion is absurd and I don't see how you can say that Brees may not be top 10 all time. He's most definitely top 10 and I believe he is top 5.

The most absure to me was that they tried to say that Aikman and Kelly and Moon were better. And yes Favre was great but I'd take Brees all day and twice on Sunday's.

I thought it was an interesting convo. What do you guys think?
    The list sucks, nobody who played before 1980? WRONG!

Brees is better than Aikman and Favre and is comparabe to a lot of the others. Montana won all of those SBs with lots of weapons and great coaching(as Brees as had) but the 49ers had a great D as well.

4. Re: Drew Brees

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Does it involve cursing at his RB for failing to pick up the blitzing LB? (Colts-Ravens playoff game, click at your own peril)
    Or throwing his entire Offensive Line under the bus following a playoff loss.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    So investing on defense doesn't matter because the Saints offense might blow them out? Didn't know having a strong defense means that there aren't going to be offenses out there that have strong match-up advantages against them. The Saints offense will score points because.... they're great as well.

At some point this team needs to prove that the offense can keep up against other teams with great offenses.
    What you said makes no sense. Your second paragraph...what?

The Saints offense has been built like a Lamborghini while we are a Hyundai, yet you expect our product to keep up.

Our defense needs to dominate an elite offense for them to be an elite defense. I don’t care when we get five interceptions against Brent Hundley, that doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

The Saints offense has been built like a Lamborghini while we are a Hyundai, yet you expect our product to keep up.

Our defense needs to dominate an elite offense for them to be an elite defense. I don’t care when we get five interceptions against Brent Hundley, that doesn’t matter.

Truth Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

Bump.

Like holy shit learn to read. I never even said this offense was comparable to the Saints. You are the one expecting to the defense to crush the Saints despite the fact this defense doesn't even have anyone like Khalil Mack. And look what happened. The defense didn't play all that well but the game was winnable because of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Bump.

Like holy shit learn to read. I never even said this offense was comparable to the Saints. You are the one expecting to the defense to crush the Saints despite the fact this defense doesn't even have anyone like Khalil Mack. And look what happened. The defense didn't play all that well but the game was winnable because of the defense.
    The saints had 7 drives, scored 3 tds, a fg and fumbled inside our 5, three of those drives were almost 10 mins long. The defense didn't put us in a position to win. They are equal in their share of the blame.

Now if they stopped them from getting that fg at the end youd have an argument