Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Next 4 games will define this team.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Actually the Ravens have artificial turf in the stadium. It's some rubberized product, with ground rubber "dirt" mixed in with the "blades" of "grass".
    Im pretty sure they went back to real grass a few seasons ago

Actually the Ravens have artificial turf in the stadium. It's some rubberized product, with ground rubber "dirt" mixed in with the "blades" of "grass".
    I thought they used to have turf but went to grass a couple years ago because they thought it might help injuries. Am I making that up?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Obviously, 3-1 would be great over this next 4-game span. That gets us to 7 wins with home games left against the Raiders, Bucs and Browns. A playoff spot is in the bag under that scenario, because I think we also win at Atlanta which gets us to 11-5.

You could see us winning all four games if we bring our A game. First game first. NO puts up a lot of points and Drew passes for a lot of yards but they give up a lot of points as well and Drew has lost a lot of high scoring games. If we keep the score under 30 I think we win this game. And our defense should be able to do that. 24-20 would be about what I expect this game to be. We just can’t get into a tract meet game with a 45-42 score. Not our type of game at all.

As to Carolina, I think they are very much over rated. Get past NO and go one game at a time.

Ravens went back to a grass field in 2016.

Blog Entries

all of them we can win. the Bengals seem to have our number. we seem to have the Steelers (when were healthy). The Saints have no defense, but we do have a top one, so we should win that one at home. The Panthers are the hardest one to figure out, and on the road.

to me we go 2-2 but thats beating the saints and steelers, with the possibility of beating the panthers. Bengals I think are a lot better than they played yesterday (much like we are better than we were last week).
    -JAB

That will slow the Saints down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I thought they used to have turf but went to grass a couple years ago because they thought it might help injuries. Am I making that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Ravens went back to a grass field in 2016.
    Whoa, you guys are right. I completely missed this.

I was aware of the "new-generation Sportexe Momentum" stuff, missed the switch back.

Well: suck it, Brees!

agree, I would literally be shocked if their offense doesnt put up a lot of points.
    Burn it down

I like the Ravens chances better than ours. SF, @LA Rams, @New England, Miami, @Seattle and @ Minnesota.

I don't love the idea of Sean Payton sitting down with chips yesterday to turn his full undivided attention to our defense. This could suck.
    I bet he choked a little watching our D's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I bet he choked a little watching our D's performance.
    Yeah, that's not the reaction I'm picturing. More like a sharpening of attention. He & Brees have been pretty special over the years.

Do you guys remember the game that Brett Favre laid on us, in 2001? To my mind, that's the best I've seen any QB play, ever. Favre completed passes to guys who simply weren't open. He completed passes I would have said were impossible. Those Packers were a few years past their peak under Holmgren; still good, but not a championship team. But Favre was unstoppable that day.

The feeling I got was, when the schedule was announced in the offseason, Favre circled that game on his calendar. "Best defense in history, huh? We'll just fucking see about that." And he played absolutely out of his mind.

Since then I'm a little leery of waving a red flag in front of a Hall of Fame QB, esp with extra time for that player to prepare.