Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Did Brandon Williams even play?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Theyll cut Bwill to keep Pierce. I think people forget about the Post June 1st designation. We can spread that same dead money over 2 years if we do that starting next year it makes sense. Pierce has another season under team control after this, hes UFA in 2020, which coincides with Bwills breaking point. I dont think thats coincidence. just be prepared for another heavily back loaded deal, thats hard for him to see out.

As far as Zsmith and Judon. I like both. Zsmith keeps this up hell likely be paid well this offseason, which depends on Suggz desire to continue imo. If hes gone, I think well try to keep him. I still like Judon as a complete player, but he is less dominant as a pure pass rusher. I think the plan is to keep him though.
    I swear if they give another stupid large contract to Pierce I'm gonna explode.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Also take into account that Bmore has been up by double digits in most games. That will keep him off the field more as the other is trying to catch up.

I have no prob with signing if it stabilizes the run D and it's not pretty when he his injured.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    OP was just wondering and it's a fair question. BWs contract is a good example of some of the awful contracts this team has given
    The OP's did ask a good question, it took just a few post before we got in to the bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    Also take into account that Bmore has been up by double digits in most games. That will keep him off the field more as the other is trying to catch up.

I have no prob with signing if it stabilizes the run D and it's not pretty when he his injured.
    Amen. Ravens built a lead and shut down the Titans run game. I'm confident Williams was at least a part of that. (shutting down the run game) I have no problem if he and the Ravens D shut down the run game early and force the opponent to throw, then we put more pass rushers in there. Williams has never been a flashy player, but does the dirty work. Can't complain when your top run-stuffer doesn't have many snaps because you built a lead and forced the opponent to abandon their run game. I would say he did his job today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    10.5 mil a year to play 36% of the snaps just doesn't make sense anyway you slice it.
    True but on the positive side the coaching staff doesn't feel they have to put Williams in just because they committed so much money in signing him. Playing the best guys to win the game is what's most important and that's what they're doing. That's not always the case with other teams.

[QUOTE=HbgPARavenfan;1535224]There are multiple players that have his same job that still put up stats and have impact throughout the league[/QUOTe

AKa Arrron Donald ...... etc . I agree we pay him alot of money for not much of a ROI .

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    It absolutely wasn't the market
    Yes it was. Hindsight is so 20/20 isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Amen. Ravens built a lead and shut down the Titans run game. I'm confident Williams was at least a part of that. (shutting down the run game) I have no problem if he and the Ravens D shut down the run game early and force the opponent to throw, then we put more pass rushers in there. Williams has never been a flashy player, but does the dirty work. Can't complain when your top run-stuffer doesn't have many snaps because you built a lead and forced the opponent to abandon their run game. I would say he did his job today.
    Good points

People have amnesia. Remember the Ravens getting shredded on the ground when B-Will was out last season....If you don't stop the run, guys like Henry and Wormely won't even get on the field because Tenn would be dealing with 3rd and short as opposed to an obvious 3rd and long passing situation.

B-Will is a/the key to keeping teams in tough 3rd down situations.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    People have amnesia. Remember the Ravens getting shredded on the ground when B-Will was out last season....If you don't stop the run, guys like Henry and Wormely won't even get on the field because Tenn would be dealing with 3rd and short as opposed to an obvious 3rd and long passing situation.

B-Will is a/the key to keeping teams in tough 3rd down situations.
    This argument makes no sense because he's on the field 1/3 of the time. Unless you're implying a stern look on the sideline is frightening and distracting opposing RBs.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Pierce and Williams both didnt play awhole lot in yesterday game against The Titans.The Titans run game hasnt been much of a threat so I guess Wink favored to have more speed on the field to get after the passer than anything and it obviously worked since The Ravens defense sacked the Titans quarterback 11 times. Now against The Saints I expect Williams and Pierce especially Williams to play more. Other than that I appreciate Wink creativity and him willing to change up against opponents. I dont think Dean Pees would have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This argument makes no sense because he's on the field 1/3 of the time. Unless you're implying a stern look on the sideline is frightening and distracting opposing RBs.
    Actually is does make sense. Shut the run game down early (like we did yesterday) and teams abandon it and throw (especially if they are behind) So yeah, B-Will might only play 1/3 of snaps, but if those snaps force the team to be 1-dimensional, it greatly helps the defense. (see yesterday's 11 sacks!)