Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Our running quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    Joe hasn't been the same player since he got married...
    Joe won the Super Bowl after he got married.

Haha yeah Flacco used to have some wheels for a 6'6 240lb QB. I think that Flacco was a bigger running threat than LJ from what I've seen so far Shit even Belichick said when the Patriots play the Ravens, Flacco burns them for at least one big first down with his legs every game. Those days are long gone though. I think Kiko put the fear of God in Flacco when he runs because it does seem like he runs scared to me.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Probably his eagerness & ability to run has nothing to do with his ACL or herniated disc.
    yup def issue since 2012 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Haha yeah Flacco used to have some wheels for a 6'6 240lb QB. I think that Flacco was a bigger running threat than LJ from what I've seen so far Shit even Belichick said when the Patriots play the Ravens, Flacco burns them for at least one big first down with his legs every game. Those days are long gone though. I think Kiko put the fear of God in Flacco when he runs because it does seem like he runs scared to me.
    He's run for 2 first downs in the past 3 games (Browns Q4, 9:19, 11 yards on 1st and 10 scramble) and (Broncos Q4, 2:45, 5 yards on 3rd and 1 to seal the game). The Broncos was even a designed run on a naked boot (and it got Joe more than a little fired up). The man still runs, and while I would grant that he's slower than he was, he can still move.

The one that pissed me off was the 3rd down scramble on the opening drive against the Browns (Q1, 13:27) where he just gave up on getting the first down. A bad spot gave it to him, Hue challenged and won, Flacco had to convert on a sneak on 4th and 1.
    Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit

Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, then Spotrac)