Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: What's happening to our country

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Social media/the internet has changed our culture moreso than any other invention since the television.

People have access to more information now than at any point in human history. Because we’re so inundated with so much of it, a lot of people are creating their own personal versions of their own truth that they take as “true north.” The phrase...”his truth” or “her truth” makes absolutely ZERO sense, but it’s something you hear all the time. For example...the whole Brett Kavanaugh circus. It’s just THE truth.

When people’s entire existences are being shaped by these personal truths...it’s not easy to hear someone oppose their truth. IMO, that’s why political disagreements are so severe now. Imagine walking around in society amongst Christians all day and screaming at them that God isn’t real. Then imagine that every day you watched TV...the “experts” would constantly tell you the same thing...that God isn’t real. They would offer no proof, but they would reiterate all the time. That would be a really shitty culture to be part of and people would be soooooo divided and hateful to one another.

Well...in this age of social media/internet...that’s what’s happening. People’s “personal truths” are being exposed as fraudulent and those people aren’t reacting well when it happens. Those same people will scratch, claw, throw urine filled balloons at you, and even threaten to kill you because “their truth” is their religion. It defines them.

A lot of Americans can’t tell you who the VP of the US is, but I bet those same people BELIEVE WITH 100% CERTAINTY that Trump is Hitler.

Social media/the internet has completely aided in the destruction of civility in this country and the Left and MSM are fueling the fire.
    amen keep spittin' the troof

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I grew up in the 80s getting the shit kicked out if me for being a Jewish kid in an Italian and Polish area so things have always seemed pretty divided to me. Maybe it was different for you guys who were part of the majority but me and my friends who were Puerto Rican, Black and Jews were always targets of the majority.

When I was 12 there was a priest who came in fro Italy to to the largest church in the area. He was in charge of youth groups and tell the other kids to beat up the Christ killers. There weren’t that many Jews around this area so those of us who were got it bad for a while. Many of the parents of these monsters were okay with it since it came from a priest.

My feelings about the lack God in this country is a lot different than many after growing up that way. I experienced nothing but hate in the name of religion
    Which is terrible. That is the exact opposite of how a Christian should be acting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You've nailed it there.

The way we treat kids doesn't help either. I used to ride my bike all over as like a 7 year old in Illinois. Can't let your kids do that now or they get taken away.

We have the same problems. 2 years ago a neighbor called the police because they saw a 6 year old girl playing by herself in her own front yard. Her mother was doing the dishes and could see her daughter through the window. It turned into a whole CPS case. I rarely see kids playing outside now without adult supervision. I can just imagine how they will grow up scared of everything because of this

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yes many black are very religious. However that doesn't change the fact that the Dem party is the party very very very much more likely to push God out of the public square. Let's not pretend that many of those power hungry are not Dems who are pushing God out of the public square.
    To me the power hungry people at the top who are controlling things are the same people, Dems or GOP. They both are looking down laughing at us as they pull the strings.

I'm glad the conversation generically references God and not a named one particular. We are free to worship who we choose. I agree that faith is important to keep one grounded. The problem is when specifics get put in the public square in regards to who you should be worshipping, thats when it gets tricky. Thats when people start judging thy neighbor.

So when the Dems are for LGBT folks, the otherside feels they need Jesus in their life. When the GOP are for saying that this country be based on christian values, the otherside says..."But Im Jewish, Muslim, or Agnostic".

To top this all off, those people that I say are laughing at us are using the above as wedge issues to control the masses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We have the same problems. 2 years ago a neighbor called the police because they saw a 6 year old girl playing by herself in her own front yard. Her mother was doing the dishes and could see her daughter through the window. It turned into a whole CPS case. I rarely see kids playing outside now without adult supervision. I can just imagine how they will grow up scared of everything because of this
    I rode my bike around town at 8 years old without a thought. Nowadays you couldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This never made sense to me.

A lot of the Black Community in America aren’t really good with homosexuality and are practicing Christians.

Yet, they (by and large) support a political party that is the exact opposite of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because being a good christrian/or a person's other faith is your PERSONAL relationship with god. We are all sinners. No one person or party is better than the next. No person or party is without sin. No political party can effect your personal relationship. The individual is in that daily tussle of back and forthness of that relationship. You are not judged on your political affiliation....you are judged on your personal relationship...all the rest is just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This never made sense to me.

A lot of the Black Community in America aren’t really good with homosexuality and are practicing Christians.

Yet, they (by and large) support a political party that is the exact opposite of those things.

Futhurmore, its no different than the evangelist turning their blind eye away from Trump and his warts. They are willing to do it because he made promises to them in terms of policy.

Black folks feel that the Dems are more likely to support their initiatives than the GOP. Personally, i feel those days are long gone. Votes are being taken for granted now...but its hard to switch when the GOP are dog whistling law and order and aligning it with patriotism, voter supression efforts, and staying silent when white nationalist and fringe groups are aligning themselves to their party.

Personslly for me, there is no place to go but being independent and selectively picking who i will support.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I rode my bike around town at 8 years old without a thought. Nowadays you couldn't do that.
    Yeah. Granted on the east coast they don't have as much infrastructure to support it either. Not sure what Wisconsin is like, but in where I lived in Illinois, everyplace had sidewalks and there were bike trails that would go over or under major roads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Yeah. Granted on the east coast they don't have as much infrastructure to support it either. Not sure what Wisconsin is like, but in where I lived in Illinois, everyplace had sidewalks and there were bike trails that would go over or under major roads.

One of the things that gets under my skin is when you see bike riders on highly trafficked back roads.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.
    Everyone calls me Psycho ...no one calls me Francis. Lmao

I think the great American philosopher John Mellencamp said it best “ the internet will be the downfall of Western Civilization “. It’s soo true. “News” is in your face 24/ 7 now. Kids don’t know how to speak to each other. Don’t know how to socialize. They don’t have real friends. I mean “ride or die “ sitting next to your ass in the lock up at 3am friends. Call anytime and they got your back ..friends. People don’t make time for their families now. Shit when I was a kid most stores were closed on Sunday. Now it’s just another day of the week. The family idea is gone. It’s everyone for themselves. He /she who has the most wins. Greed rules this country. From the top down. There truly is no Left or Right ...it’s the haves and haves not. Evil , Greedy people run this world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I think the great American philosopher John Mellencamp said it best “ the internet will be the downfall of Western Civilization “. It’s soo true. “News” is in your face 24/ 7 now. Kids don’t know how to speak to each other. Don’t know how to socialize. They don’t have real friends. I mean “ride or die “ sitting next to your ass in the lock up at 3am friends. Call anytime and they got your back ..friends. People don’t make time for their families now. Shit when I was a kid most stores were closed on Sunday. Now it’s just another day of the week. The family idea is gone. It’s everyone for themselves. He /she who has the most wins. Greed rules this country. From the top down. There truly is no Left or Right ...it’s the haves and haves not. Evil , Greedy people run this world.

What are these "stores" you speak of? Online shopping is making them obsolete. Just ask Sears.