Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    the money down
    I can’t take this stat seriously with Eli at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Re: Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    wait sword claims to know the intentions behind every play....bravo!!!
    I'm not saying I know. I'm saying these metrics don't know. That makes a larger difference that what wants to be acknowledged in general.

3. Re: Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Unfortunately NFL teams are not going to reveal the kinds of things they are measuring, so they don't reveal any secrets.

But the Ravens know the intent of their plays they call, so their analytics department could better analyze a play than a non-insider source.

But if you have no context, I agree completely that there is only so much analytics can grasp.

That being said, teams would be foolish not to use analytics to grasp everything with the purview of data and statistics that it is able to do so.
    But it's not the teams, but fans and analytics personalities trying to use the data, without the team's inside knowledge you second, to determine who is doing well and who isn't. To determine who is good at what and who isn't. The justification for it is that there is more detail in analytics than the traditional stats that have been relied upon in the NFL. The work that goes behind it. However, there are still huge holes. It's like saying marijuana is the better alternative to opiates. There's some truth to it, but that doesn't mean it's good for the body. It's just the lesser of the two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    A team can run slants, because they know the DB on that side will eventually bite on it. In the past, he would have bitten more easily. Recently, he's been more disciplined. However, the tape still shows that he can be had. So, they will run them out there throughout the game, knowing that by the fourth quarter, if they need a score, he will eventually try to force a play and bite. That's when they hit him with the slant and go. Based on how he plays. Maybe how he plays specific WRs.
    Analyzing a tendency would be analytics. =)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Re: Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Lol. You got me. Well, 'Analytics in the 'Carb' craze sense!' Lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Keep in mind that "analytics" starts with anal ... Bc

7. Re: Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Keep in mind that "analytics" starts with anal ... Bc
    Hey hey hey! You will NOT, compare that evil analytics word to one of the greatest words of word-kind.

Play action only works if you have a good running game and wr who can catch the ball. He has not had either. Play action use to work well with Ray Rice Boldin and Tory Smith. Defenses had to honor the run threat which allowed Boldin to find weak spots or Smith to go deep.

Who was the threat the last three years? No name rb and Perriman. Yeah d coaches were real worried about them. Just told defense to rush the qb, the run game was bad and perriman could not catch clap on a whorehouse.

Blog Entries

Flacco worst starting qb at play action in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Play action only works if you have a good running game and wr who can catch the ball. He has not had either. Play action use to work well with Ray Rice Boldin and Tory Smith. Defenses had to honor the run threat which allowed Boldin to find weak spots or Smith to go deep.

Who was the threat the last three years? No name rb and Perriman. Yeah d coaches were real worried about them. Just told defense to rush the qb, the run game was bad and perriman could not catch clap on a whorehouse.
    You don’t need a running game for play action to work. But def right about the receivers.

Joe had one of his best seasons with play action when the ravens had one of the worst run offenses in the nfl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/nflmatchup/statu...066301440?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro