Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Glad to hear you are feeling happy. Obviously, not everyone gets along on here, and it's more arguing than debating as of late, but in the end, we are all still a RAVENS FAMILY and I'm glad to see a fellow RAVENS FAMILY member having a good day :)
    nick, you hit on a very good point. we do have "disputes", written arguments, and contest so many observations others may have. However, if one of us is in trouble of most any kind, it is heartwarming to me that we come together like family. This RSR board goes deeper than just Ravens talk... Bc

Blog Entries

Aye sword get that strength up so we can bang out these deadlifts and SKWATS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Aye sword get that strength up so we can bang out these deadlifts and SKWATS!!!!
    I had to stop squatting and now do bulgarian split squats, walking db lunges and trap bar deadlifts. It kind of sucks I miss it soo much
    Burn it down

4. Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I had to stop squatting and now do bulgarian split squats, walking db lunges and trap bar deadlifts. It kind of sucks I miss it soo much
    What did you mess up?

Blog Entries

oh man what kinda injury did you get? I had to basically re-learn my form for squats and deads since ive re-learned my technique in last year im pulling some heavy weight now and i make sure i'm extra careful with my form to prevent injury, i had tweaked my back a couple years ago from bad form squatting...technique is everything when you lifting some heavy ass weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    What did you mess up?
    I had a ruptured disc and have never fully been able to get back into squatting above 315 or deadlifting really at all without my back spasming for weeks.... so after 3 years of dealing with it I've just cut it out of lifting.

Im trying to get time to get back into PT / Chiro and see if I can get injections, but honestly I need to request off 2-3 months ahead of time and even then I can only get certain days off....it frustrating just finding time to go to the Drs.
    Burn it down

7. Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

I had a ruptured disc and have never fully been able to get back into squatting above 315 or deadlifting really at all without my back spasming for weeks.... so after 3 years of dealing with it I've just cut it out of lifting.

Im trying to get time to get back into PT / Chiro and see if I can get injections, but honestly I need to request off 2-3 months ahead of time and even then I can only get certain days off....it frustrating just finding time to go to the Drs.
    Lumbar, Thoracic or Cervical? Sounds like Lumbar.

Lumbar, Thoracic or Cervical? Sounds like Lumbar.
    Lumbar unfortunately
    Burn it down

Several posters here are familiar with the situation going on in my personal life and understand that the board has really been a way for me to release energy. Before my situation, I was a gym rat to the core. However, once this situation started, I was no longer cleared to go to the gym.

It's been two years, eight months and six days since I was last at the gym. To make a long story short, today, I was officially cleared by one of my Doctors, to return to the gym. I anticipated the clearance, weeks prior to this particular appointment. It meant so much to me that I got emotional and almost broke down completely in the waiting area, before I even saw the Doctor, just thinking about everything I had to persevere through to get to this day. I got the clearance, came home, bought myself a coffee and headed over to the gym. While there is still a great deal of darkness in my life, today was one of the happiest days I have ever experienced. I had a very good workout and was, surprisingly, able to push it a little harder than expected it. I didn't go too far though.

I just wanted to thank the posters of this board for putting up with me throughout these years, whether we agree or not, get along or not (When I had Facebook, I think the only poster I friended was GWNR), I just wanted to say thank you.
    Happy to hear things are better! God bless you buddy!

Thanks for sharing and very glad you are feeling better...and keep your insights coming.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

11. Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

Lumbar unfortunately
    Don't tell me L5 S1..............

Don't tell me L5 S1..............
    No I have no sciatica pain at all. Im pretty sure after talking to some orthopods that its discogenic pain in nature. I had an annular tear in the disc... Theres some data or theory to suggest Nerve innervation of the discs itself can cause pain from the disc itself without acute herniation.

We've known that The discs are innervated by branches of the sinuvertebral nerves, but after injury more nerve growth can happen (at least from what I've been told and gathered)

Basically, injury to the disc happens, this causes granulation or scar tissue to form, and granulation/scar tissue promotes nerve growth ....boom... now you have newly inervated source of pain.

"A damaged IVD releases nociceptive molecules and growth factors that promote nerve ingrowth into the disc "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2913007/

gets really deep
    Burn it down