Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I cant imagine the stress that you endure everyday at your day job, but I can indeed imagine how not having the gym as an outlet must have made things even more difficult.

I'm glad you're over the hump brother Ex.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    DKO, can I ask what you do for a living?

I've only been posting here for almost a year been a reader since the boards on the team website shut down and I thoroughly enjoy the discussion (most of them anyhow) and the takes. DKO I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Even though I don't know ya and haven't been on the board long, reading what you wrote here has me pumped for you. Keep pushing through!

2. Re: OT: A Day of Happiness and a Thanks to the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    DKO, can I ask what you do for a living?

I've only been posting here for almost a year been a reader since the boards on the team website shut down and I thoroughly enjoy the discussion (most of them anyhow) and the takes. DKO I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Even though I don't know ya and haven't been on the board long, reading what you wrote here has me pumped for you. Keep pushing through!
    Well, if you don't know, the reason everyone keeps calling me Ex is, because I was the Excellector. I was a Correctional Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    Well, if you don't know, the reason everyone keeps calling me Ex is, because I was the Excellector. I was a Correctional Officer.
    Mad respect to you! My job title is Correctional Educator (teacher inside a prison). Here in Vermont, we have the country’s only accredited independent high school ran by the Department of Corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Congrats man. I understand completely how hard this is as it's been a few years of battling terrible spinal problems for me. Just had another MRI showing 4 L spine herniated discs. Already had 2 C spine fusions.

I come here also to help keep my mind off chronic pain

When I see your story it keeps me hopeful that I will make it back. I too was heavily into weights and mixed martial arts.

Since I don't know you guys as well as I hope too one day, I don't throw out personal stuff, well, until today.

I need as many positive stories today, they also found growths on my Kidneys and I am kinda in shock right now.
    Hope it's nothing serious man. Praying for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Can't believe you left out the midst important part. How much did you bench?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oh ok, I'm in law enforcement so when Bigplayreceiver mentioned the stress of your job I was curious. I can definitely relate to the job stress. Much respect to you. Anyhow, thanks for sharing, it's and inspiration for sure.

Blog Entries

Congrats Ex. No idea what was keeping you down but glad youre getting back to doing something you love. I’m still going to needle you regardless.

keep up the good work. everyone is rooting for you.

bearsarms- prayin for you brother

Several posters here are familiar with the situation going on in my personal life and understand that the board has really been a way for me to release energy. Before my situation, I was a gym rat to the core. However, once this situation started, I was no longer cleared to go to the gym.

It's been two years, eight months and six days since I was last at the gym. To make a long story short, today, I was officially cleared by one of my Doctors, to return to the gym. I anticipated the clearance, weeks prior to this particular appointment. It meant so much to me that I got emotional and almost broke down completely in the waiting area, before I even saw the Doctor, just thinking about everything I had to persevere through to get to this day. I got the clearance, came home, bought myself a coffee and headed over to the gym. While there is still a great deal of darkness in my life, today was one of the happiest days I have ever experienced. I had a very good workout and was, surprisingly, able to push it a little harder than expected it. I didn't go too far though.

I just wanted to thank the posters of this board for putting up with me throughout these years, whether we agree or not, get along or not (When I had Facebook, I think the only poster I friended was GWNR), I just wanted to say thank you.
    What defines a man is the way in which he deals with adversity. We're proud that you are here and that you found solace during your recovery. May your future hold brighter days and prosperity.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Great to hear brother! I'm really proud to be apart of this community with you all.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Good deal Ex, happy that you have gotten back something that you love in your life after having to give it up for a long time.

Get back into the groove of things buddy and I hope whatever you are having to endure personally is happily resolved.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Mad respect to you! My job title is Correctional Educator (teacher inside a prison). Here in Vermont, we have the country’s only accredited independent high school ran by the Department of Corrections.
    Is this the Community High School of Vermont? I wrote a paper about including education facilities in correctional settings in my 4th year of my degree and I remember referencing Vermont's work. Small world.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB