Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CNN Slammed as ‘Full Blown Racist’ After Commentators Call Kanye West ‘Token Negro’

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This is misleading in my opinion as ive showed before. The jim crow south, im talking about the PEOPLE not the politicians, may have stayed registeted democrats.....but they clearly did not vote for the democrats during the national presidential elections. They voted 3rd party or Republican because they were not down with the civil rights act that became part of the Dem platform. I provided the election results to prove it.

The republican polticians accepted those votes from those dissenters. Those people still vote GOP today, they are all not dead yet. If the GOP would kick out the Steve King's of the world out of their party, then the vote can be had....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    There were like 3 -4 pages of how this was total BS and you still believe.

Re: CNN Slammed as ‘Full Blown Racist’ After Commentators Call Kanye West ‘Token Negro’

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    There were like 3 -4 pages of how this was total BS and you still believe.
    Seriously in my view, why cant you guys admit that these racist from those days, who are still alive, vote Republican. Why cant you admit that some/few are elected in your party that are on that fringe and dog whistle to that segment. If we can agree on that.....

Seriously in my view, why cant you guys admit that these racist from those days, who are still alive, vote Republican. Why cant you admit that some/few are elected in your party that are on that fringe and dog whistle to that segment. If we can agree on that.....

You're argument wasn't some racists vote republican (as well as some racists vote democrat)
    It was basically all the southern racists, who were Democrat became Republican. THAT is total BS.
    I mean do you expect to be taken seriously when you say kick Steve King out of the party when Robert frickin Byrd was elected Pres Pro Temp by the Democrats??????

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You're argument wasn't some racists vote republican (as well as some racists vote democrat)
    It was basically all the southern racists, who were Democrat became Republican. THAT is total BS.
    I mean do you expect to be taken seriously when you say kick Steve King out of the party when Robert frickin Byrd was elected Pres Pro Temp by the Democrats??????
    My argument is that they VOTED republican..."became" is a different word. They still vote republican.

Its good that you are putting the two individuals in the same boat. I feel like im making progess. Neither is good and they both need to be gone. Look i agree with you guys that the Dems havent done sh*t for us for years. But dont act like the GOP dont need to do some house cleaning before they expect us to #walkaway

My argument is that they VOTED republican..."became" is a different word. They still vote republican.

Its good that you are putting the two individuals in the same boat. I feel like im making progess. Neither is good and they both need to be gone. Look i agree with you guys that the Dems havent done sh*t for us for years. But dont act like the GOP dont need to do some house cleaning before they expect us to #walkaway

Your simply making that up because you want to believe it.

And no Steve King is nowhere near Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd.

You can cherry pick articles for your narrative; i could do the same, but i wont play that game. Deficit is on the trend to double under Trump. Lets see where the numbers end up. The once deficit hawks are now silent. Wonder why? Is it the tribalism?

Times are a changing. Rather than people adjusting:
    Picking new careers
    Focusing on technology
    Higher education

Folks now blame others for things not being as easy for them. Complaining all the time about how liberals are ruining their lives. There used to be a time where some folks from my walk of life used to say the "man" was holding us back. Pick yourself up from your bootstraps, conservatives would say. Well guess what, others have accepted those words and thats why we have the most diverse workforce we have ever had. Maybe folks need to work a little harder? I know that may sound cold or elitists....but that was the one conservative principle that guided my life. BUSTING MY ASS with my boots in my hands.

I say all that to say, its an easy cop out for some folks to create these enemies in the world as the reasons why they aint making it. Its an excuse some in my community tried to make. The ones who made it out, grinded it out and forced a better life for themselves.

Just saw a segment on Ben Sasse promoting his book called "Them"...a mentality thats festering in our political landscape. Im going to read it. I have a hunch he will be pointing out BOTH sides bad behavior. As you probably figured out, i try to point out this is two way problem...so im interested in what he has to say.

I'm not cherry picking. I'm showing you actual numbers.

As for the deficit, yeah, it grew some. As a Republican I hate it and am more than willing to gut entitlement programs to reign in government spending.

You bring up higher education and that's adorable. I have a PhD, tenure, multiple articles in academic journals, etc... My step-brother actually has a slightly higher take home pay than me with an associates degree. Getting a fancy degree means absolutely nothing when it's not applicable to the real world. When liberals are in charge, people have less money to spend, businesses have less money to grow and hire people with. That's why Obama never had an annual GDP over 1.6% while Trump is heading for the 4% range which is utterly unfucking believable.

Liberals do make things worse. Tell you what, show me one thing Obama or Clinton did that has had a more positive affect on America than Trump's tax cuts.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The South didn't start voting Republican as a whole until the mid to late 90's. There were some pockets, but until then we were solidly democrat.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The South didn't start voting Republican as a whole until the mid to late 90's. There were some pockets, but until then we were solidly democrat.
    Myth - BUSTED.

Blog Entries

That's why Obama never had an annual GDP over 1.6%
    fact?
    -JAB

I'm not cherry picking. I'm showing you actual numbers.

As for the deficit, yeah, it grew some. As a Republican I hate it and am more than willing to gut entitlement programs to reign in government spending.

You bring up higher education and that's adorable. I have a PhD, tenure, multiple articles in academic journals, etc... My step-brother actually has a slightly higher take home pay than me with an associates degree. Getting a fancy degree means absolutely nothing when it's not applicable to the real world. When liberals are in charge, people have less money to spend, businesses have less money to grow and hire people with. That's why Obama never had an annual GDP over 1.6% while Trump is heading for the 4% range which is utterly unfucking believable.

Liberals do make things worse. Tell you what, show me one thing Obama or Clinton did that has had a more positive affect on America than Trump's tax cuts.
    I'll admit my experience may different than alot of folks. Maybe its geographic? Maybe its because we were starting from a lower base? Let me explain.

Most of the folks in my family, friends, and associates are doing exceedingly better than their parents. Its not even close. People dont limit themselves on what and who they can be. When i hear people saying the country is going to sh*t, thats just not my experience and the people that i know. Most came from nothing and made something. Most had that pain of struggling as a kid and said f*ck, thats not going to be my life. That hardship builds character. When u see your mom working 2 jobs to put food on the table..living check to check...u do what u gotta do to not repeat the cycle. Luckily, because we live in a great country, times are a changing. During the 90's, 2000's, and now there has been a lot of upward mobility for us. No longer are you the first to do something...You can do or be anything. Even President.

Then you hear all this negativity about this and that...blaming this and blaming that...i just feel enough already. People just need to figure it out the old fashioned way. You gotta roll with the cards you are dealt no matter if you agree/disagree with whomever is in office.

Much of what i try to point out is that you cannot blame one side or the other for problems. We could go on for days pointing fingers about who is worse. What good does that do but raise your blood pressure. Im guilty of it, stubbornly sticking to my talking points, because i think the whole system is broken. I think both parties are f*cked up. Im probally often wrong in some of my views...but i atleast try to give a window of how some of us view things...hoping that a level of understanding can be found. That seems to be missing from the forum....yeah i could post on forum with like minded folks, but what good is that? I cant learn nothing or i cant try to show a different point of view of things.

Somebody on this forum said we all have some racism in us by nature. No one is pure in that sense. No one!

It was pointed out to me that assuming words spoken too me were malcious was wrong. I can own that, learn and move on. No one can be 100% right. We ALL need to learn to give in a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    fact?
    I think the average yearly growth under Obama was 1.9%

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    fact?
    Yep. 1.5 percent when averaging 'em out. I'll even link to Politifact which is a liberal leaning site.

https://www.politifact.com/illinois/...-growth-obama/
    ProFootballMock