Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CNN Slammed as ‘Full Blown Racist’ After Commentators Call Kanye West ‘Token Negro’

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think the average yearly growth under Obama was 1.9%
    Obama is the ONLY president to never achieve a yearly GDP over 3.0 and he had 8 years. Don't know about his yearly average.

Blog Entries

Re: CNN Slammed as ‘Full Blown Racist’ After Commentators Call Kanye West ‘Token Negro’

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yep. 1.5 percent when averaging 'em out.
    That would be a "no" Darb.
    "Thats why Obama never had an annual GDP over 1.6%."
    That statement is false. If you change the statement to "average" then I wouldnt have questioned it in the first place.

2009 -2.5%
    2010 2.6%
    2011 1.6%
    2012 2.2%
    2013 1.8%
    2014 2.8%
    2015 2.9%

2016 1.6%
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

That statement is false. If you change the statement to "average" then I wouldnt have questioned it in the first place.

2009 -2.5%
    2010 2.6%
    2011 1.6%
    2012 2.2%
    2013 1.8%
    2014 2.8%
    2015 2.9%

2016 1.6%
    Man..... that is some stellar growth right there.

HE most be out there touting that as the greatest recovery in history to help the Dems take back the house and senate.

In my life time, or since I can remember. Bush Sr. was good, Regan was great, and Trump is zeroing in on toppling Regan.
    Alright. Fair enough.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm not cherry picking. I'm showing you actual numbers.

As for the deficit, yeah, it grew some. As a Republican I hate it and am more than willing to gut entitlement programs to reign in government spending.

You bring up higher education and that's adorable. I have a PhD, tenure, multiple articles in academic journals, etc... My step-brother actually has a slightly higher take home pay than me with an associates degree. Getting a fancy degree means absolutely nothing when it's not applicable to the real world. When liberals are in charge, people have less money to spend, businesses have less money to grow and hire people with. That's why Obama never had an annual GDP over 1.6% while Trump is heading for the 4% range which is utterly unfucking believable.

Liberals do make things worse. Tell you what, show me one thing Obama or Clinton did that has had a more positive affect on America than Trump's tax cuts.
    PhD in what?

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I'll admit my experience may different than alot of folks. Maybe its geographic? Maybe its because we were starting from a lower base? Let me explain.

Most of the folks in my family, friends, and associates are doing exceedingly better than their parents. Its not even close. People dont limit themselves on what and who they can be. When i hear people saying the country is going to sh*t, thats just not my experience and the people that i know. Most came from nothing and made something. Most had that pain of struggling as a kid and said f*ck, thats not going to be my life. That hardship builds character. When u see your mom working 2 jobs to put food on the table..living check to check...u do what u gotta do to not repeat the cycle. Luckily, because we live in a great country, times are a changing. During the 90's, 2000's, and now there has been a lot of upward mobility for us. No longer are you the first to do something...You can do or be anything. Even President.

Then you hear all this negativity about this and that...blaming this and blaming that...i just feel enough already. People just need to figure it out the old fashioned way. You gotta roll with the cards you are dealt no matter if you agree/disagree with whomever is in office.

Much of what i try to point out is that you cannot blame one side or the other for problems. We could go on for days pointing fingers about who is worse. What good does that do but raise your blood pressure. Im guilty of it, stubbornly sticking to my talking points, because i think the whole system is broken. I think both parties are f*cked up. Im probally often wrong in some of my views...but i atleast try to give a window of how some of us view things...hoping that a level of understanding can be found. That seems to be missing from the forum....yeah i could post on forum with like minded folks, but what good is that? I cant learn nothing or i cant try to show a different point of view of things.

Somebody on this forum said we all have some racism in us by nature. No one is pure in that sense. No one!

It was pointed out to me that assuming words spoken too me were malcious was wrong. I can own that, learn and move on. No one can be 100% right. We ALL need to learn to give in a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yes. This is why the other parties need to get their crap together. At least then you can't just try to get elected by pandering to extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

2009 -2.5%
    2010 2.6%
    2011 1.6%
    2012 2.2%
    2013 1.8%
    2014 2.8%
    2015 2.9%

2016 1.6%
    I spoke too quickly, sorry. Averaged less than 2.0. It's actually even worse than those numbers indicate since there was so much fluctuation from quarter to quarter which raised the annual GDP growth but left the market staggering around like a punch-drunk boxer. One glaring example was when a 5.something quarter was followed by a 1.something quarter. Under Trump we're seeing consistent growth.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    PhD in what?

Medieval literature.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Seriously in my view, why cant you guys admit that these racist from those days, who are still alive, vote Republican. Why cant you admit that some/few are elected in your party that are on that fringe and dog whistle to that segment. If we can agree on that.....

Because I know the people who were alive in those days and they still vote democrat. They'll always vote democrat because in the South to vote for a Republican meant voting for rich people way back in the day. "Daddy was a veteran, a Southern democrat. They oughta get a rich man to vote like that."

Sure, some republicans are racists. Let's see what happens when we find one...
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...emocrat-688743

Seems we tell our folks not to vote for them. Let's look at what happens when democrats are faced with an anti-Semite.
    http://www.phillytrib.com/news/hidde...06514acea.html

Oh.
    ProFootballMock

Because I know the people who were alive in those days and they still vote democrat. They'll always vote democrat because in the South to vote for a Republican meant voting for rich people way back in the day. "Daddy was a veteran, a Southern democrat. They oughta get a rich man to vote like that."

Sure, some republicans are racists. Let's see what happens when we find one...
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...emocrat-688743

Seems we tell our folks not to vote for them. Let's look at what happens when democrats are faced with an anti-Semite.
    http://www.phillytrib.com/news/hidde...06514acea.html

Oh.
    Come on man...seriously?

So you put up a tweet saying a Republican outs a racist as proof that Republicans handle things the right way; then juxtapose it against Obama being in a picture with the racist black NATIONALIST Farrakhan at a Congressional Black Caucus meeting. The caucus is an event that many people go to. So you saying Obama is an antisemite for being in a picture?

So what does it mean when white NATIONALIST Republican Steve King (and all his little white babies talk...oops i mean western civilazation talk) openly supports an anti-semite and racist for mayor of Toronto? Is that Republican handling it the right way?

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/stat...735706624?s=19

Exactly as I said before, cherry picking. So i guess if anyone seen in a picture with steve king....if i follow your chain of thought here...MUST share his views..right?...yeah riiigghhttt!

Come on man...seriously?

So you put up a tweet saying a Republican outs a racist as proof that Republicans handle things the right way; then juxtapose it against Obama being in a picture with the racist black NATIONALIST Farrakhan at a Congressional Black Caucus meeting. The caucus is an event that many people go to. So you saying Obama is an antisemite for being in a picture?

So what does it mean when white NATIONALIST Republican Steve King (and all his little white babies talk...oops i mean western civilazation talk) openly supports an anti-semite and racist for mayor of Toronto? Is that Republican handling it the right way?

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/stat...735706624?s=19

Exactly as I said before, cherry picking. So i guess if anyone seen in a picture with steve king....if i follow your chain of thought here...MUST share his views..right?...yeah riiigghhttt!

I don't think you quite got the point. The Dems purposefully HID a picture of Obama with an anti semite. They did not distance themselves, or provide any other justification (such as you tried to provide). They purposefully kept information away from the voting public. In the other example, the Republican rebuked the racist publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I don't think you quite got the point. The Dems purposefully HID a picture of Obama with an anti semite. They did not distance themselves, or provide any other justification (such as you tried to provide). They purposefully kept information away from the voting public. In the other example, the Republican rebuked the racist publicly.
    Thats completely fair. Politics like that sucks. So its good to know that he wasnt inferring that Obama was an antisemite.

It just burns me up when folks pick one incident of courage and try to paint it as a reason why someone or party is better. All the while we have the fact that none of the republicans are calling out Steve King with all the tap dancing he trying to do with his subject matter. Darb made it clear that in his opinion, this was only a democratic problem. Cherry picking stuff to make his case.