Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SB 47 Hypothetical Question

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OK, let's say there wasn't an electrical problem while the Ravens were kicking the 49ers @$$es,
    maybe the Ravens would have won by 20 points! Hypothetically speaking of course ... Bc
    This^

I would also add The Mire High Miracle. Joe had the magic that year. Yes he would have marched them down the field and Tucker would have hit a 70 yd. FG if needed. It was meant to be. And let's not forget Ray Lewis.

Not to mention Kaepernick is a pure asshole that didn't deserve to win. So there. I was a pure Ravens fan that night. I bled purple.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by cincycat View Post

so there. I was a pure ravens fan that night. I bled purple.
    rrriiigghhhttttt

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENS89 View Post
    Lets say the 49ers score a TD on that final 3rd or 4th down. It would've been 36-34 Niners. Do you think Joe drives down the field for a game winning fg? Or would it have been extremely difficult?
    Remember - Crabtree was the target!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Remember - Crabtree was the target!
    Think he also said on one of those plays Jimmy hit him so hard he blacked out for a second.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Here's a hypothetical. Suppose Lee Evans catches that TD pass. Do we win the SB that year? Do we repeat in the year we actually won the SB? Does Ray retire in 2011? Do we even still sign Justin Tucker as an UDFA and would he just been a camp leg?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Here's a hypothetical. Suppose Lee Evans catches that TD pass. Do we win the SB that year? Do we repeat in the year we actually won the SB? Does Ray retire in 2011? Do we even still sign Justin Tucker as an UDFA and would he just been a camp leg?
    There's an interesting hypothetical. Not that the Ravens win the SB that year... I believe they do. But I think they don't win the following Superbowl. Ray probably retires the same year. And yes Justin Tucker would have a lot harder time landing the job, because Harbaugh and his seniority rules.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Very good questions. I think if evans catches that pass we win the superbowl that year because that Giants team wasn't great, they just matched up well with the Pats. I'm not sure we repeat though because I think Ray would have retired.

This got me thinking... I really want another shot at the Pats in the playoffs

All these questions and what ifs are pretty cool.
    I would start with, if Evans makes the catch, the Ravens go on to win the Super Bowl against the Giants again.
    The Ravens 2011 defense was much better than the 2012 version.
    And Joe's throw to Evans in the closing seconds was as perfect of a throw you will ever see in a clutch moment.

With that being the case...the Ravens, being the 2011 champs, lose that edge, now that they have climbed the mountain and are the target of every opponent the next season. Ray sees the team as extremely good, so he wants the repeat, but his injury, along with his 2nd ring in hand, may have swung his mind to not come back for one last ride.
    BUT, for arguments sake, everything happens the same way during the regular season, and the Ravens host the Colts at home.
    We win that one, but we lose the Denver game...because the urgency and edge is gone from winning the year before.
    Manning plays Brady the next week for the AFC championship.

The other scenario, if the Niners score on that 4th down play to Crabtree...or worse, what if pass interference was called.
    The Niners have 1st and goal at the 1. They hand it off to Gore who runs it in.

I believe on the Ravens following drive, our receivers would have been mugged during every play.
    So, Boldin would have had to be the guy to make a big play, as well as, Rice getting a pass out of the backfield and get past the backers.
    Could they have done it? I think so. And the way Joe was playing, I wouldn't throw out the possibility that Joe throws a TD pass to win it instead of a field goal. Anything would have been possible with Jacoby and Torrey out there going deep.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENS89 View Post
    Lets say the 49ers score a TD on that final 3rd or 4th down. It would've been 36-34 Niners. Do you think Joe drives down the field for a game winning fg? Or would it have been extremely difficult?
    Joe was on fire that post season. Joe drives them down and Tucker kicks a 49 yarder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    There's an interesting hypothetical. Not that the Ravens win the SB that year... I believe they do. But I think they don't win the following Superbowl. Ray probably retires the same year. And yes Justin Tucker would have a lot harder time landing the job, because Harbaugh and his seniority rules.
    I don' think they win in 2012. If I had my pick, I'm glad they won in 2012 and not 2011. I went to New Orleans and it was a great time!

60% chance that it would have been 3 points, not 1. So that means that a FG would have only sent it into OT, so our odds are only 50/50. Or we try to force it to get the TD and turn it over and lose. But I was thinking about this scenario too at the time. When LeMichael James was scampering down to field for that huge gain I was thinking that it might be better for him to actually score so that we'd get the ball back with 2 minutes to go instead of them draining the clock before scoring.

In reality, it was an amazing act that we held on four downs when they only needed a few yards for a TD. Probably wouldn't have been possible with 2018's rules. They would have figured out some way to call a roughing the passer, defensive holding, or DPI to keep giving them 1st downs. Amazing a hold wasn't called. Chalk it up to them letting the teams play ball in the SB. 2012 was one of the years that the league vowed to tighten up on DPI and defensive holding calls before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don' think they win in 2012. If I had my pick, I'm glad they won in 2012 and not 2011. I went to New Orleans and it was a great time!
    Did we sit in the same section?