Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Potential Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Mosley has the keys and can't cover no name tight ends
    Saying Mosley cant cover no name tight ends or tight ends is incorrect especially if. we talking about a healthy CJ Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We will see. Love Kenny young but he needs to learn how to tackle before we just give him the keys to the defense.
    We can draft ILB. With the change in the NFL, Mosley's contract will be an albatross we will likely regret. If we reset the market for MLB, its a sign we've learned nothing regarding contracts
    Burn it down

3. Re: Potential Trades

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    We can draft ILB. With the change in the NFL, Mosley's contract will be an albatross we will likely regret. If we reset the market for MLB, its a sign we've learned nothing regarding contracts
    I'm with you Hbg. I'm probably over-simplifying things but I look at cap management this way. In today's NFL there are 5 groups of players for which you consider opening your wallet:

Quarterbacks
    Guys that can protect the Quarterback
    Guys that can regularly sack the Quarterback
    Impactful pass catchers
    Impactful pass defenders

Mosely doesn't check any of those boxes. He's a very good player at a position and in a scheme that is rock solid with good/very good production.

Is he EASILY replaceable? Absolutely not...that would be disrespectful of his ability.

That said, every franchise has to prioritize its cap dollars, and spending big money on very good run stuffing DL, and very good ILBs whose strengths do not include sacking the QB or defending the pass are mistakes, IMHO

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

OTOH, if we let Mosley walk, then use our 2019 1st to draft an ILB, we will save money, but can you be sure the new guy will fill Mosley's shoes? Maybe we'll pass on another position of need... Bc

If it meant sign Clowney or re-signing KO, if cut, then I would let Mosley walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He’s played in like 3 games this year. I gave you 4 years of bodywork for CJ. Lol you disrespect good players and put bums and Jags on a pedestal with a straight face.
    Signing cheap to the practice squad is hardly a pedestal buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Saying Mosley cant cover no name tight ends or tight ends is incorrect especially if. we talking about a healthy CJ Mosley
    He cost us a playoff berth when he couldn't push back 180lb Antonio brown. Make that tackle and we're division champs. Period.

Ask yourself when does Mosley make an impactful play that changes the game because that's how they're about to pay him. He is vastly overrated.

Might be slightly off topic, if what I read is correct next off-season the Browns are going to have all their top players under contract and are projected to have $66M in cap space. Most in the NFL. They're going to be a major pain in the ass down the road.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He cost us a playoff berth when he couldn't push back 180lb Antonio brown. Make that tackle and we're division champs. Period.

Ask yourself when does Mosley make an impactful play that changes the game because that's how they're about to pay him. He is vastly overrated.
    Antonio Brown is one of the best if not the best wide receiver in the league. He wouldn't be that type of receiver if he made plays that constantly reminds us that he's 180lbs and shorter than 6'0".The last time I checked it was more than one person that couldn't tackle Antonio Brown. Don't even pretend like the greatest line backer in Ravens history didn't have bad moments either.I seen how The Ravens defense operates when CJ Mosley isn't on the field or isn't health and it's not pretty. I have also seen CJ Mosley make plays with either interceptions or force fumble that have help The Ravens offense to put points on the board.

Overrated or not there is no denying that CJ Mosley is one of the better inside linebackers in the league he should get the similar contract to that of The Vikings middle linebacker if not better. I don't know what CJ Mosley is getting by The Ravens contract wise but he is no doubt a play maker.

Antonio Brown is one of the best if not the best wide receiver in the league. He wouldn't be that type of receiver if he made plays that constantly reminds us that he's 180lbs and shorter than 6'0".The last time I checked it was more than one person that couldn't tackle Antonio Brown. Don't even pretend like the greatest line backer in Ravens history didn't have bad moments either.I seen how The Ravens defense operates when CJ Mosley isn't on the field or isn't health and it's not pretty. I have also seen CJ Mosley make plays with either interceptions or force fumble that have help The Ravens offense to put points on the board.

Overrated or not there is no denying that CJ Mosley is one of the better inside linebackers in the league he should get the similar contract to that of The Vikings middle linebacker if not better. I don't know what CJ Mosley is getting by The Ravens contract wise but he is no doubt a play maker.
    the problem with Mosley is that he was born 5-7 years too late. He's more of a traditional MLB and struggles mightly in pass coverage. The NFL is trending so hard to favor the passing game, that it doesnt make sense to Reset the market for a position unless that player is entering into their prime and is an elite defender. He's a good lineback, but he's a huge liability in pass coverage.

It would be an ill fated to have 2 NFL top tier contracts for 2 players who are basically a net negative against the pass in todays NFL

Mosley is worth more than average nfl contracts, but he's going to ask for the biggest contract in NFL history for a MLB...that would be a huge mistake
    Burn it down

the problem with Mosley is that he was born 5-7 years too late. He's more of a traditional MLB and struggles mightly in pass coverage. The NFL is trending so hard to favor the passing game, that it doesnt make sense to Reset the market for a position unless that player is entering into their prime and is an elite defender. He's a good lineback, but he's a huge liability in pass coverage.

It would be an ill fated to have 2 NFL top tier contracts for 2 players who are basically a net negative against the pass in todays NFL

Mosley is worth more than average nfl contracts, but he's going to ask for the biggest contract in NFL history for a MLB...that would be a huge mistake
    Mosley is a every down inside linebacker. Can he be inconsistent at times in coverage ? Yes he can but to think that he's just a traditional inside linebacker or a two down inside linebacker is incorrect in my opinion. The fact that The Ravens clearly missed Mosley in The Bengals game this year coverage wise proves that it's no way Mosley is huge liability in coverage.

Mosley is a every down inside linebacker. Can he be inconsistent at times in coverage ? Yes he can but to think that he's just a traditional inside linebacker or a two down inside linebacker is incorrect in my opinion. The fact that The Ravens clearly missed Mosley in The Bengals game this year coverage wise proves that it's no way Mosley is huge liability in coverage.
    We had coverage issues last season with a healthy Mosley. He became Jesse James' bitch.