Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: Potential Trades

No team is taking a $19 million cap hit and trade the only star they’ll have on offense with Fitz retiring. This is a fantasy football conversation. You have to at least look for a guy without a cap hit to the other team.

I know that a lot of people don't understand the salary cap but this is Cap 101 stuff. A player like David Johnson who just signed an extension for huge money can't be cut or traded without a massive cap hit. People were bitching how Tony Jefferson couldn't be cut this year for the same reason only DJ's cap hit would be about 3 times the amount of Jefferson's
    Last edited by GOTA; 10-23-2018 at 06:39 AM.

On any day, Johnson >> Collins.

ARI's not trading Josh Rosen's best offensive weapon.

ARI's more likely to ask us about Crabtree, which is very unlikely.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No team is taking a $19 million cap hit and trade the only star they’ll have on offense with Fitz retiring. This is a fantasy football conversation. You have to at least look for a guy without a cap hit to the other team.

I know that a lot of people don't understand the salary cap but this is Cap 101 stuff. A player like David Johnson who just signed an extension for huge money can't be cut or traded without a massive cap hit. People were bitching how Tony Jefferson couldn't be cut this year for the same reason only DJ's cap hit would be about 3 times the amount of Jefferson's
    How does it work with trades and guarantees? Contract is not being terminated. I believed the Ravens would be on the hook for 10m of the 24m guaranteed because it is salary guarantees and signing bonus. The cap hit for the Cards would be 9m rather than 19m if that is the case.

I response to Boller on why he is worth a 3rd. Arizona is the worst offense in the league with the worst oline and run blocking in the league. He is a huge improvement as a receiver over anything we have right now. He is a slight improvement as a runner over Collins. That is worth the risk of a 3rd.

Arizona May do it because they are so bad and this is the end for Fitz. They are likely not going to compete the next couple of years.

4. Re: Potential Trades

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Well for David Johnson of 2018 they are terrible. 3.2 YPC on pace for around 800 yards rushing 300 receiving. Sorry but that is nowhere good enough for 6 million.

Why would anyone think he's the answer for our running game? He's not an upgrade over Collins either. He does add a little to the passing game and could possibly be a 2nd back but we barely use Collins. I don't see it. If the FO wants to give up a fifth as a flyer fine but no more.
    If you're taking his production numbers at face value then you haven't been following the Cardinals much this year. Mike McCoy, the OC that just got FIRED, has been one of the worst playcallers in the league for years now. He did not play to David Johnson's strengths and would constantly just predictably run him up the gut for no gain. He rarely utilizes him in the passing game.

I would not be surprised if David Johnson's production starts to go up. It might not be 2016 levels of production due to the circumstances there, but it's not like this guy has just lost his effectiveness over night. He would be a hell of a weapon here with the type of offense MM runs. I'd give up a 3rd for him and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    If you're taking his production numbers at face value then you haven't been following the Cardinals much this year. Mike McCoy, the OC that just got FIRED, has been one of the worst playcallers in the league for years now. He did not play to David Johnson's strengths and would constantly just predictably run him up the gut for no gain. He rarely utilizes him in the passing game.

I would not be surprised if David Johnson's production starts to go up. It might not be 2016 levels of production due to the circumstances there, but it's not like this guy has just lost his effectiveness over night. He would be a hell of a weapon here with the type of offense MM runs. I'd give up a 3rd for him and never look back.
    Well I'm glad none of you guys are GM then :)

My point is he isn't performing coming off a serious injury and not on his rookie deal. He's not like Ajayi where he still had I think three years left on the rookie scale where you can continue to keep him on the roster even in a backup role. He's making starting RB money 6 million next year, 8 million AAV in salary the next three even after eating all that bonus money.

So if he aint performing upto 2016 he aint worth being on the roster.

Well that's likely true to be clear though I'm not willing to pay more just because recently the cardinals signed him to a stupid deal. That's their problem.

Just like it would be ours if we tried to trade Bwill.

I could see the Jaguars making a play for Carr. Bortles hasn't been able to play well at all since his run in the playoffs.

A first and a 2nd might do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I could see the Jaguars making a play for Carr. Bortles hasn't been able to play well at all since his run in the playoffs.

A first and a 2nd might do it.
    A high second is all it would take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk